RCCL - 12 Nights too long for 5 year old?

LAnn

I'm thinking of booking a 12 night southern carribean cruise on the Explorer of the Seas, with three sea days at the end. My daughter will be five -- do you think this cruise would be too long for a child that age? How is RCCL's Adventure Ocean program? Do you think it would keep her entertained, particularly during the sea days?

Thanks!

LeeAnn

I'm thinking of booking a 12 night southern carribean cruise on the Explorer of the Seas, with three sea days at the end. My daughter will be five -- do you think this cruise would be too long for a child that age? How is RCCL's Adventure Ocean program? Do you think it would keep her entertained, particularly during the sea days?

Thanks!

LeeAnn

DO IT!!!

You know how kids are...it takes them a few days to adjust anyways...

By day 5 they are totally acclimated to the cruising lifestyle, dinner in the dining room, and adventure ocean. On a 7 night cruise you would be leaving soon thereafter...on a 12 night cruise you will have it made!!!

DO IT!!!

LeeAnn I truly believe that at the end of the cruise that your daughter will wish she could stay for the next cruise. At that age sometimes it takes a day or two till they start to enjoy the children's program but after that most love it and enjoy all of the attention that they will get on the cruise from the crew to the passengers.

Just like the adults, it's never fun when the cruise ends.

Keith

As long as the 5 year old is fairly adaptable, I think it would be fine. DD was 5 this summer when we went to Hawaii for 11 days (7 cruise, 4 land). Despite a 5,000-mile one-way trip and a 6-hour time difference, she did great and enjoyed every moment of the trip. We just tried to ensure that she had adequate rest and ate on schedule to avoid the sleepy/hungry grumpies. She cried the AM we had to leave the ship and again when our returning plane pulled away from the terminal. I wanted to cry too, but I decided that one of us needed to be a grown-up. :)

We did 9 days with a then 3 1/2 year old and are booked on a 12 day in Feb. where our son will be a couple weeks shy of 5. I don't forsee any problems at all and suspect that by the time the cruise is over, he'll be wanting more (as he did on our 9 days). AO was great and actually almost too great. Some days our son wanted to go to AO instead of going off with us. Now, how do you think that made us feel?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we are on our first cruise next year on Explorer out of Bayonne on 1st Feb 12 nights to Southern Caribbean - we have a son aged 8 and twin daughters who will be 5 - are any of you guys on that ship by any chance?:rolleyes:

Hi we are on our first cruise next year on Explorer out of Bayonne on 1st Feb 12 nights to Southern Caribbean - we have a son aged 8 and twin daughters who will be 5 - are any of you guys on that ship by any chance?:rolleyes:

You might want to check the roll call for your sailing, I just took a look at it and it appears to be VERY active:) That's a great place to find out who else is traveling on your sailing with kids!

Many thanks I have posted lots on my "roll call" thread but no-one on there yet with younger children - I guess it is because we are travelling the 2 weeks before the US spring break - hope there are still some kids on our cruise though :confused:

Archived