Change to Guarantee after final payment?

sr4mjc

Category 'X' showed up today for $200 less pp than I paid for my balcony. I called the TA and she said she didn't think I could change as I've already made final payment.

What's the policy for RCCL? Should I be able to get a refund and give up my cabin and get a refund?

I had made final payment and saw a balcony guarantee for $150 more per person than my outside cabin. I called Royal Carribean and they just charged me $300 more and within 2 hours I had my cabin nmber. A D1 midship on deck 9.

Fran

I meet some girls last cruise who had a guarantee and got assigned a inside cabin, then the price of the guarantee went down, so they said "we gave up our cabin and went back into the lottery (hahahha), and they got a OV the second time in the lottery" and got back $100 pp for going back into the pool.

five days before my sailing, I saw an inside guarantee for $240 per person less than what I paid called Royal Caribbean and they gave me $480 credit and within hours had my cabin, the same one I gave up!!!!!!!! enjoyed the extra money for stuff.

A competent TA should not tell you that she "doesn't think" something can be done without checking it out and verifying whether or not it can. As well, a competent TA would call RCI on your behalf anyway, and see what she could negotiate for you, regardless of whether or not it can be done, because rules are often bent/broken when RCI is called and a little polite pressure is put on them.

Insist that your TA call RCI for you. If you want, you can call RCI yourself beforehand - they will confirm whether or not you can do this, and then you can go to your TA armed with that info.

(This is why we always book direct with the cruiseline. Having to make changes through a middleman is not worth the effort, when all it takes is a quick phone call and I can do it all myself).

Am i understanding this right... if you see your reservation for less, rcl will refund you?? that seems too good to be true. i booked via cruises.com would they honor that as well?

Absolutely! Unless the price you see is a special that's for new reservations only (these are usually offered very close to the sailing date to fill up the remaining empty cabins).

You need to ask the TA you booked with what their policy is for honoring price drops. Some do, and some don't. It pays to research which ones do before you book with one.

Category 'X' showed up today for $200 less pp than I paid for my balcony. I called the TA and she said she didn't think I could change as I've already made final payment.

What's the policy for RCCL? Should I be able to get a refund and give up my cabin and get a refund?

I made final in August and in October, I switched to a guarantee for $280 less. The refund was processed to my credit card.

Archived