Room Service Breakfast on Explorer?

I am new to RCCL

I have sailed only on celebrity.

I have some questions, is it possible to have a made to order breakfast delivered to my stateroom and set up on my balcony?

I did this on celebrity, and i would place my order the night before and pick what i wanted (eggs benedit) and a time, and they would call me and bring it at the time requested.

Also is it possible to get a table for 2 people in the main dining room?

We were able to do this on celebrity as well

TIA

Yes you can order breakfast from roomservice. I would suggest you do it on you TV as opposed to the little form you can hang on your door. The little form doesn not have egg B on it, and while I am not sure the TV order does, you will have to check it out

They will bring you order into your room for you at a time you designate.

I loved having my coffee and juice delivered every day, such a treat.

I am new to RCCL

I have sailed only on celebrity.

I have some questions, is it possible to have a made to order breakfast delivered to my stateroom and set up on my balcony?

I did this on celebrity, and i would place my order the night before and pick what i wanted (eggs benedit) and a time, and they would call me and bring it at the time requested.

Also is it possible to get a table for 2 people in the main dining room?

We were able to do this on celebrity as well

TIA

On several occasions, we tried to order items which were not on the room service menu or on the door hanger card. We always received a call from Room Service informing us that those items could not be ordered. Eggs benedict was just one of them.

Unless you are in a suite, the balconies are really not large enough to accommodate meals. The standard balcony only has two upright chairs and one tiny round table. The person who delivers from Room Service will set the trays down wherever you wish. They do not do any sort of setup. They usually call you to let you know thaat your order is on the way.

There are tables for two in the dining room. Be sure to request one when booking your cruise. Keep in mind that it is a request only, and not guaranteed. I suggest that you go to the dining room shortly after boarding and check to see if your request has been granted. If not, you can ask for a table for two. If available, they will gladly honor your request.

That's right--it's very difficult to eat a "real" meal without a proper size dining table! Those little knee-high patio tables won't hold a plate, silverware and coffee!

The dining room is your best bet for breakfast--there, it will be served to you--no juggling stuff in the buffet!

That's right--it's very difficult to eat a "real" meal without a proper size dining table! Those little knee-high patio tables won't hold a plate, silverware and coffee!

The dining room is your best bet for breakfast--there, it will be served to you--no juggling stuff in the buffet!

One more reason I love my aft balconies. There is plenty of room to eat in your own little corner of the world.;)

One more reason I love my aft balconies. There is plenty of room to eat in your own little corner of the world.;)

We have an AFT balcony, and i think it is larger than most.

I am a little bummed about not being able to get my eggs to my stateroom.

Do you think if we gave the stateroom attendent a nice tip right away with this request it could be granted?

Do you think if we gave the stateroom attendent a nice tip right away with this request it could be granted?

Don't think so. The stateroom attendant has nothing to do with Room Service. They are two different departments. Apparently, the kitchen has the final say. ;)

We enjoyed many breakfasts on our aft balcony on the Explorer (see photos in the link below); we lucked out with a higher table.

Have ordered and received Eggs Benedict but that was about 3 years ago so it may be different now. Certainly scrambled, fried, etc. eggs are available through Room Service.

Kathy:)

I am a little bummed about not being able to get my eggs to my stateroom.

Just off Explorer. The room service menu is very limited. As mentioned, no omelet, no Eggs benedict, but you can get eggs. Don't be bummed. :)

Also as mentioned, the stateroom attendant has nothing to do with RS. Attempting to tip him or her for this request will do no good. Also, the RS staff will not actually "set you up" on the balcony; the food comes on plates with plastic covers on top of them, and they are stacked on a large tray. They will most likely set it down only once for you and be on their way, so decide where you want it. It's really up to you to re-organize yourself on the balcony.

If you want an omelet, do go to the Windjammer for breakfast one day; they have a wonderful omelet station there with all kinds of add-ins. It was delicious, fresh and hot.

I was on the Explorer in Sept of this year and tried to order an omlette. I wrote it on, they sent me scrambled eggs. It was worth a try but did not work for me. I still very much enjoyed it on my balcony!

It all depends on the ship. Unable to get omelets delivered on the Mariner but had omelets delivered every morning on the Freedom.

We have sailed both Celebrity & RCCL. A few years ago when we requested something from room service for breakfast on the balcony, we got it. That hasn't been the case in the last year or 2. We didn't get omelets on Mariner or Radiance. Forget the eggs Benedict. They aren't available from room service.

I don't think tipping the steward extra will do it as he/she doesn't deliver the room service food.

I loved having the omelets and choices that were available in the past. Maybe on my next cruise I can send my husband to the WJ to get an omelet made to order for me and for him. Then we can eat them on the balcony, lol.

Anyway, enjoy your cruise.

Just off Explorer. The room service menu is very limited. As mentioned, no omelet, no Eggs benedict, but you can get eggs. Don't be bummed. :)

Also as mentioned, the stateroom attendant has nothing to do with RS. Attempting to tip him or her for this request will do no good. Also, the RS staff will not actually "set you up" on the balcony; the food comes on plates with plastic covers on top of them, and they are stacked on a large tray. They will most likely set it down only once for you and be on their way, so decide where you want it. It's really up to you to re-organize yourself on the balcony.

If you want an omelet, do go to the Windjammer for breakfast one day; they have a wonderful omelet station there with all kinds of add-ins. It was delicious, fresh and hot.

I think i am just really spoiled from my experience with Celebrity.

My stateroom attended would bring my breakfast and set it up for me.

We had a regular room and were not in a suite.

We had a table cloth set up, with fresh flowers, and there were metal covers over the food to keep it hot.

I am bummed...because i like to eat in my room especially breakfast.

This is good to know, i may switch my vacation to Celebrity

To the other poster we are in room 1390

Here is a pic of how our breakfast was set up on celebrity every single morning

88861.jpg

WOW! That looks so nice. Wish I were there right now. Just off of Explorer and sorry but you just won't be getting anything like this. The good news is that it is just breakfast and you are so lucky to be cruising!!!

Just off the Explorer on Thursday. We were in a hump JS and I always order breakfast every morning. I requested items not on the menu--tomato juice, bagel with cream cheese (toasted) and a fruit and cheese plate. The breakfast list is limited. It has a variety of beverages-coffee, tea, apple juice, cranberry juice, oj. If you want water--you must request it. Also make sure to ak for creamer if needed. They also have several cereals and yogurts. The egg dish offered is a country scramble. It also lists a roasted tomato with home fries. There are bacon and sausage offered. Assorted pastries.

You fill out the form and hang it on door handle before you go to bed at night. You select a time frame 7:00-7:30. 7:30-8:00 and so on. They will call a few minutes prior to delivery.

The covers over the food are similar to the metal covers, only they are plastic.

One night I discovered I had run out of menus and it was very late--I took a piece of stationary and cut a hole in it to hang on door and wrote down my order. They filled the order as usual.

I always had the order placed on the little glass table near the couch and 2 arm chairs.

This is good to know, i may switch my vacation to Celebrity

Well, I guess to each his own, but I have to say I'm a bit surprised that you are letting this make or break your vacation. Explorer is a beautiful, phenominal ship and the RCI is the only line with the Royal Promenade down the middle, on Voyager-class and larger ships. That alone is incredible.

I personally think you'd be giving up a lot more, just to have breaky on the balcony. JMO, obviously. :D

We sailed Celebrity earlier this year and must say the room service breakfasts were a great start to the day.......

I too was really looking forward to a similar service when we sail Explorer in January, :(... . .

Archived