How to get meet-&-greet? 1/3/09 sapp

BigGayBob

We have a group of CC readers on the Roll Call for Sappire 1/3/09 to Mexican Riviera and we are wondering what does one do to get the line to sponsor a meet and greet party? I know they do this as I have seen and heard about it. My last cruise had one and there was an hour of free cocktails and hors devours(sp.).

Is it something we do on embarkation with the CD? is there a 1-976-MEETANDGREET number one calls so that you can reserve one of the bars?

Help me out here please

PS, if you are on this cruise PLEASE JOIN the roll call!

While you can do it on board with the CD, you then have the problem of communication with all the people from the roll call. I would plan it in advance.

Princess did not give us free drinks. Just a couple of bowls of salty snacks. A waiter was there if you wanted to sign for a drink.

I can't remember the name of the position, but there is someone in the Santa Clarita office that you can email that will help you to set this up. Check with Customer Service. Not done it myself, but I've heard from others who have. I've not heard of a Cruise Critic gathering on Princess that included appetizers and free cocktails - they know what Cruise Critic is - but I've been to one that included free sparking wine...they also do the sparkling wine thing for the FOD gatherings.

Hrrm,

Well the one I was at was for *-insert-competitor-cruise-site-*.com. Maybe there was a more coordinated arrangement for that.

I still would like to set it up ahead of time so that we can plan on where and when. Even if we only get pretzels.

--bob

Hrrm,

Well the one I was at was for *-insert-competitor-cruise-site-*.com. Maybe there was a more coordinated arrangement for that.

I still would like to set it up ahead of time so that we can plan on where and when. Even if we only get pretzels.

--bob

On Princess? Maybe it was more coordinated for another site...

Anyway, I think the title of the person has something to do with on board coordination now that you mention it. But they should be able to direct you at 1-800-PRINCESS.

Another method is to write the CD via email, but that is dependent on whether or not they pick up the email.

Hrrm,

--bob

Princess only provides the room. If you want any beverages or snacks, they are at your expense.

Hopefully someone else will post, as there is a poster out there that has all the names for the different ships. They are called on-board coordinators. Sue Tieman is for Grand Princess and Pacific Princess, but I don't know who it is for Sapphire Priness. You might try the "Search This Thread" in the yellow banner to see if it comes up for you.

On the CB in Jan. of this year the CC's met at a pool bar. We bought our own drinks but it was still so much fun meeting everyone. I truely enjoyed it. Later on in the cruise we met at a bar, and Princess had champagne for all to enjoy. Ok, so it wasn't the expensive kind, but we all just talked and had a blast! Some people ordered their own drinks as well.

What's nice is after you meet fellow CC's and then bump into them on the ship, it's nice to say hello and chat a bit. If that does not float your boat then ok!

Christapie

As of Aprill 2008 these were the names to contact for Meet and Greets for each ship. I know that Coleen Reyes was correct in July as she arranged our M & Gs in Sept on our Crown Princess sailings. Hope this helps.

Berda Davis

Star, Tahitian,

(661) 284-4451

bdavis@princesscruises.com

Diana Hall

Diamond, Sun

(661) 284-4449

dhall@princesscruises.com

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire, Dawn

(661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Berna Grayr

Emerald

(661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Sue Tieman

Grand, Pacific

(661) 284-4446

stieman@princesscruises.com

Coleen Reyes

Crown, Sea

(661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

Renee Wittwer

Island, Coral, Ruby

(661) 284-4443

rwittwer@princesscruises.com

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean

(661) 284-4442

ewilliamson@princesscruises.com

Jan James

Royal, Golden

(661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

Candice Lemell

Special Diets

(661) 284-4450

clemell@princesscruises.com

I had never seen this thread before and I emailed the ship... Jenny replied

that we need to email them directly shorshide to set this up and gave me the folling emails, lloks like the ships they handle have changed a little, so here is what she gave me:

Sapphire/Coral Princess - jstreeck@princesscruises.com (Jenny)

Diamond/Island Princess - dhall@princesscruises.com (Diana)

Star/Tahitian Princess - bdavis@princesscruises.com (Berda)

Grand/Pacific Princess - stieman@princesscruises.com (Sue)

Golden/Royal Princess - jjames@princesscruises.com (Jan)

Crown/Sea Princess - creyes@princesscruises.com (Coleen)

Emerald Princess - bgrayr@princesscruises.com (Berna)

Ruby Princess - rwittwer@princesscruises.com (Renee)

Caribbean Princess - ewilliamson@princesscruises.com (Liz)

I had never seen this thread before and I emailed the ship... Jenny replied

that we need to email them directly shorshide to set this up and gave me the folling emails, lloks like the ships they handle have changed a little, so here is what she gave me:

Don't think they are actually on the ship. :)

Don't think they are actually on the ship. :)

My trying is really bad, just noticed the number of typos...

I meant I emailed the ship directly at first, coralprincess@princesscruises.com and they forwarded it to shoreside operations, I always thought the ship people handled the scheduling of these things... is there somewhere other than this thread the info is available, obviously I'm going blind...lol

When I contacted the person for the Crown Princess, in March/08, she told me that they could not organize anything the first day of the cruise, as they were too busy. Well our itinerary was port intensive, and the only sea day available was near the end of the cruise. So I organized a private one with our CC thread, and we all met at the Horizon Terrace Pool, which was in the back of the ship on the Riviera deck, and they had a bar there as well. No food, but drinks for those who wanted. About 30-40 people showed up and it was great. We did the same thing for the day before disembarkation, and some of us brought some leftover spirits;) About 20 showed up for that. We did our own thing, and it worked out just great!

I did have the 2nd Meet & Greet advertised in the Patters the day before.

Princess does not give anything for free!

Archived