laundry facilities??? Help!

escapeready

One laundry room on "each" deck -- alternates aft and fore location.

And because of this, your nearest laundry room might not be the one on your deck. Often it's just a quick trip down the nearest stairs, depending on where your cabin is!

We are boarding tomorrow and my daughter is desperate to know if there is a laundromat on board. If so, is there a long wait to do a wash? We are on the Aloha deck. Washers and dryers? Irons?

The wait depends on if you go during peak times, such as on sea days. Sea days you will find it busier.

Irons and ironing boards are complimentary for your use in the laundry rooms.

They show on the deck plans/maps available on www.princess.com as "self serve laundromats".

Click SHIPS

Find your SHIP, and click on it.

Find Deck Plans, and click on it.

The best plans are the "download a complete set of printable...``. in PDF format - click on the link on the right side. (you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is free and industry standard software, installed on your computer). You did not mention which ship you were on, so here is a sample for the CB.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/deck_plan_pdf/Caribbean_Princess_Deck_Plans.pdf

These PDF versions are better and easier to read than the meager sized scroll forward/back display you see by default on the SHIP, Deck Plan page. I print them off and take them with me on cruises.

off course not that i am bragging lol but if you are in a penthouse suite you get it all done for you free of charge. My husband will be pleased at that as he wont have such a pile to do when he gets home lol.

cat

....and complimentary dry cleaning:)

Is there detergent and fabric softener available to purchase?

Yes there is, but a little baggie of detergent and a few softener sheets doesn't take much space or weight in luggage, and then you don't have to worry about the dispensing machine being broken, or out, or not having correct change etc. And if you have any hotel stays, then you have a little detergent for rinsing things out or stains, etc. I don't use powder at home, but I have a small package of powder that I use just for trips to refill my baggies.

No princess coins just quarters. :)

If you do use the laundry, make sure you time your loads correctly or the laundry noodnik's will have your laundry piled on a counter and their own laundry in your machine. :p

I thought I'd add a couple of little tidbits we've learned over the years that might help.

First, the machines do take quarters (last I knew it was still $1.00 to wash and to dry), but the unique thing about the coin trays is that you stack 2 quarters side-by-side in 1 slot. People often seem to find that confusing.

Also, we've found the best time to go is during the traditional seating dinner hours, if that's convenient for you.

Hope that helps.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

off course not that i am bragging lol but if you are in a penthouse suite you get it all done for you free of charge. My husband will be pleased at that as he wont have such a pile to do when he gets home lol.

cat

Let us know where you found that Scotsman who does all the washing!

I will get him to have a word with mine.:D

Luckily we are Elite and sent it all to the laundry free of charge too.:)

If you do use the laundry, make sure you time your loads correctly or the laundry noodnik's will have your laundry piled on a counter and their own laundry in your machine. :p

Also make sure you check the washer and dryer for clothing left behind by previous person before you load your laundry. When we got home my wife unpacked and found a pair of panties that clearly were not hers.:eek:

Archived