Booking Air On Line?

Opinions

A friend of mine with a computer and no printer has no experience booking air on line...I volunteered to book their domestic air on my computer and print the E-tickets...Would this create any problems...Should I use my e- mail address or theirs?...Could we use either their credit card or mine?...I have booked air and cruises on line in the past for my self but never for another party.

A friend of mine with a computer and no printer has no experience booking air on line...I volunteered to book their domestic air on my computer and print the E-tickets...Would this create any problems...Should I use my e- mail address or theirs?...Could we use either their credit card or mine?...I have booked air and cruises on line in the past for my self but never for another party.

Sounds like you're a good friend.

I would have the friend set up her own email account that you can use on her reservation ... that way, she'll get any communications from the airlines (itinerary changes, anyone?) and you will not be responsible to be an info conduit.

Further, I would use her credit card number so that if there are issues, they are on your friend and not on your card. For instance, if your friend needed to dispute a fee or charges, it should be on her personal account.

If your friend lives nearby, why not invite her over and help her do the whole thing on your system ... she'll get valuable experience for when she wants to do this herself. Further, it would get the monkey off your back should there be any mis-spellings of names, for instance.

Ditto the last post.

Be the good friend and offer up the use of your computer.

But also have your friend use their credit card and have the info sent to their e-mail address. What way should something go wrong you won't be the one blamed.

Of course it can create many problems, mainly for your friendship if something goes wrong. To try and avoid this, do the following:

Your friend has their own computer, so they can do everything themselves but print the itinerary and/or boarding pass. Go to their house and teach them how to book a ticket, and make sure they sign up for the FF club of whatever airline they choose.

They use their credit card and their email address. If they have to, they can use any public computer (such as at the library) to print out any documents. Or, if they can afford a plane ticket, maybe they should purchase a printer, they are pretty inexpensive.

They can check-in online and print their boarding pass at the airport.

I've booked tickets online for family and friends many times. I always use their credit card and email address. For those who don't have a PC, I provide my email and assume the responsibility of periodically checking for any changes.

If it's just a matter of the printing, that can be done after the transaction is complete. Either they can give you the booking info and you can pull it up and print it, or invite them over and let them do it themselves.

Archived