Toddler/swim diapers?

helpmenew2crusing

They come in packs of 12... how many should I bring? DD is 13 months.

Thanks fo your help,

Kim

Does your ship have a Baby Splash zone where swim diapers are allowed? If so, just figure out how many times you will take your DD in the water.

To me, 4 packs (48 swim diapers!) sounds like serious overpacking, if you're going on a 7 day cruise. I'd think at most you'd use one or two a day, unless you plan on spending the whole day, every day, in the water.

I'd probably bring one pack, but you need to do what makes you comfortable. Also, a 7-day cruise is really only about 6 actual days on the ship, outside of embarkation day and debarkation day, and some of those six days are on shore; even on beach days a couple of the swimmers should be enough. You're going to need plenty of room for the regular diapers, and all the other assorted necessities toddlers and babies need; I'd save space where I could.

I would suggest taking 16, two per day should be plenty. Some days you may use more, some days you may only use one.

Also, as far as packing ~ swim diapers are an easy thing to pack in small spaces of your luggage. (i.e., inside shoes, in the outer pockets, around the inside edges once all your clothes have been packed, etc.)

I would suggest taking 16, two per day should be plenty. Some days you may use more, some days you may only use one.

Also, as far as packing ~ swim diapers are an easy thing to pack in small spaces of your luggage. (i.e., inside shoes, in the outer pockets, around the inside edges once all your clothes have been packed, etc.)

Agree - take them out of the package and tuck them in those small, unused spaces.

We just returned from the Disney Magic. I found our 17month old to be bored in the Splash area after an hour(or less) each time we were there. He'd eventually try to escape. At 11 months and 17 months on cruises, I found one box of swim diapers each time to be more than plenty.

We just returned from the Disney Magic. I found our 17month old to be bored in the Splash area after an hour(or less) each time we were there. He'd eventually try to escape. At 11 months and 17 months on cruises, I found one box of swim diapers each time to be more than plenty.

I was thinking the same thing... Was it hard keeping them to just the Baby Splash Zone... don't they try to head out to the H2O Zone? When she (13 months) sees her brother out there she's going to go bananas... Are those swim diapers babies bored?

I'm going to feel bad for her

Also has anyone participated in the RCCL Baby play groups? I wasn’t sure if I wanted to take part… being that toddlers pick up colds so easily.

I was thinking the same thing... Was it hard keeping them to just the Baby Splash Zone... don't they try to head out to the H2O Zone? When she (13 months) sees her brother out there she's going to go bananas... Are those swim diapers babies bored?

Also has anyone participated in the RCCL Baby play groups? I wasn’t sure if I wanted to take part… being that toddlers pick up colds so easily.

Disney's Mickey Pool was right next door. He'd go on the platform under the slide and head straight for the Mickey pool each time! A few older kids were playing in the Splash area....they'd "drink" the water and the little ones would mimic them. We had to redirect DS several times from doing this as well.

We've participated in Disney's play groups and Carnivals (where we go play with our DS and their toys). We've been lucky both times with no colds or illnesses from these rooms. Our DS is in daycare, so it's a chance we take every day of the week while not on vacation.

Archived