Upgrade With Less Than 30 Days Until Cruise?

rosie#1

Has anyone ever upgraded within the last month before the cruise? I am trying to do this for a cruise on 11/8 and so far RCCL is telling my TA that I need to cancel, pay the cancellation fees and re-book. My TA is calling RCCL back to speak to a manager. :confused:

The only reason would be if you are trying to use a promo for new bookings only...and even then you cannot cancel and rebook. I've never hearrd or seen not being able to upgrade at a regular price after final payment.....There has to be some details that are missing in your post...

I am sailing on the Liberty 10/25, just called today and changed from a Promenade to a Balcony guarantee. The rate pp was $40 more than we originally paid for the Promenade room, but with my Platinum discount it actually ended up with us getting a $20 credit! Now anxiously awaiting cabin assignment...:)

My upgrade would have been $20 additional dollars. MY TA said after talking to five different people at RCCL she was able to upgrade me, but had to cancel my original booking. It has become a mess and I don't think it has been completed. I had a lot of things attached to my original book number. I am totally lost why this is happening since it seems no one else is having this issue.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the way the travel agency booked the cruise. Maybe in a group booking? The TA said she spent an hour on the phone with RCCL transferring onboard credit etc. They canceled all of my excursions and reservations for the restaurants.

I think your TA doesn't know what they are doing or they booked you in a group without telling you. I have upgraded after final payment with no problems - once booked direct with RCCL and once booked through a TA. Neither time required cancelling and rebooking and I kept all my existing info, reservations, preferences etc.

It definitely has to do with the fact that you used a TA. If you book directly, it is soooooo easy to make changes like this one. Also - make sure and ask for a guest copy of your new reservation and make sure all your OBC's transfered. The last time I used a TA, I added another cabin and when she did the changes, the OBC's disappeared. I was lucky that I caught that right away and we could have them reinstated. I am so anal that I check and double check and triple check everything and it has really saved my butt on many occasions.

Happy sailing to you.

E-Beth

Yes you are correct. I was booked in a group without knowing it. In the end I lost my reservation at Portofinos and had to pay a higher fuel surcharge. Not a big deal. I am still waiting to find out if my wine and dine package from my coke rewards will be transferred. My OBC's are all accounted for. Thank you for the input. I learned a good lesson.

Hi Jocelyn- I was able to get this upgrade and have already been assigned a cabin. This was done directly with RCL, as I did not use a TA. Kathy

Hello,

I have also been assigned my new cabin. Someone else on our cruise is also having an issue changing. So far their TA has told them RCL won't let them change. I hope it works out.

My upgrade would have been $20 additional dollars. MY TA said after talking to five different people at RCCL she was able to upgrade me, but had to cancel my original booking. It has become a mess and I don't think it has been completed. I had a lot of things attached to my original book number. I am totally lost why this is happening since it seems no one else is having this issue.

Just did this in September. Unless they have changed their "rules" in the meantime, you certainly *can* do what you want to do.

Yes you are correct. I was booked in a group without knowing it. In the end I lost my reservation at Portofinos and had to pay a higher fuel surcharge. Not a big deal. I am still waiting to find out if my wine and dine package from my coke rewards will be transferred. My OBC's are all accounted for. Thank you for the input. I learned a good lesson.

You shouldn´t have to pay that. Your TA should have to eat the difference as they have been the ones to mess this up, unless you agreed at the beginning to be in a group booking.JMHO

Archived