Trinity's Crown Princess Review 10/5 - 10/12

PrincessMelody

RE: Crown Bay - occasionally Princess ships will dock at Havensite. Crown Bay can only accomodate one Grand-class ship at a time. The ship that calls most often (7-day regulars) get priority at Crown Bay and the less regular (typically those running 10-day or longer itineraries) will get Havensite. Remember too that we (Princess) share the pier with HAL and Cunard. Captain Albert (HAL) blogged about the docking rules for ST Thomas last winter on his blog. He's up and posting again.

RE: Crown Bay - occasionally Princess ships will dock at Havensite. Crown Bay can only accomodate one Grand-class ship at a time. The ship that calls most often (7-day regulars) get priority at Crown Bay and the less regular (typically those running 10-day or longer itineraries) will get Havensite. Remember too that we (Princess) share the pier with HAL and Cunard. Captain Albert (HAL) blogged about the docking rules for ST Thomas last winter on his blog. He's up and posting again.

That's great information Chris, Thanks!!

Do you know if there is a way to find out for any given cruise where it will be docking in St. Thomas?

MonaK- since you are sailing the crown---could you find out about the Ultimate card-- price. if adults can buy it etc etc.

Any and ALL information regarding this would be greatly appreciated

Soda card

Coffee card

Ice cream card

(each separate)

Has anyone personally experienced this ultimate card, or was it just someone's good idea that has snowballed??

It is for KIDS...unlimited soda, ice cream, smoothies & hot chocolate for around $63! for a week.

(possibly not on all ships yet)

wow--63.00?? isnt hot choc free on a ship?

where did you find this information?

Wonder why its just for kids==

Aww...Thanks Miriam!!:p

Your cruise is right around the corner now!! I'm jealous!!;):)

And thank goodness it is right around the corner - it snowed (gasp) here today!!! I did decide that was a good thing though after realizing that snow/winter means my trip is even closer :D

Miriam

PS. You are more than welcome to join us!

And thank goodness it is right around the corner - it snowed (gasp) here today!!! I did decide that was a good thing though after realizing that snow/winter means my trip is even closer :D

Miriam

PS. You are more than welcome to join us!

Ooh Miriam, that sure is tempting!! I'd love to get back on the Crown!!

It's starting to get cold here too...Well it got down to 50 last night, which is cold to me!! lol

I need another cruise!!

Ooh Miriam, that sure is tempting!! I'd love to get back on the Crown!!

It's starting to get cold here too...Well it got down to 50 last night, which is cold to me!! lol

I need another cruise!!

We could use a tour guide ... ;)

Miriam

wow--63.00?? isnt hot choc free on a ship?

where did you find this information?

Wonder why its just for kids==

Again..hearsay...

Hot chocolate is not free on Princess ships.

Does seem kinda steep...

I suppose anyone could get one (don't know this for sure), but it is geared for kids considering the choices.

Congrats Trinty1 on your engagement! Can you tell me how much the grey goose was in Grand Turks? We will be on the Crown Nov.2. Can't wait.

Thanks mjubie!!:)

We found the Grey Goose at Dufry, which is the main store when you get off the ship. It was two for $46.40, which is cheaper than we found it anywhere else, including the ship. It was on special, so I'm hoping they will still have it at that price when you get there.

Hope you have a great cruise!! Let me know if you have any other questions.:)

Hi all - My wife and I are on The Crown on 16th November (we're from the UK and have never done The Caribbean before) Just a couple of questions that some of you knowledgeable people may know the answers to:

1) My wife would like her hair done for one of the formal nights but we can't seem to pre book an appointment online - do you just have to wait until you're on board or do these become available online nearer the time?

2) Which nights are the formal nights? (Can't see this listed anywhere)

3) Has anyone heard about taking some essentials to Grand Turk to help them after the devastation of Hurricane Ike? We would love to take some bits and pieces with us if they need stuff - to be honest I'm surpried that Princess haven't contacted everyone on their cruises about this.

4) I read in some places about The Chefs Table? Anyone have an opinion on this? Is it worth it?

Think that's it for now.......no doubt I'll think of some more after I post this! Thanks everyone....

Formal nights are Tuesday and Thursday.

You should be able to book Lotus Spa appointments through crusie personalizer, if not call Princess by phone.

I don't think any one couple is capable of bringing enough supplies to make a difference. Instead i would look through the other threads and maybe donate to a reputable organization that is helping them out or as some people mentioned, spend money while you are there. The islands main and pretty much only source of income is tourism.

I have no idea about the Chef's Table. I have been to the Crown Grill and Sabatini's and enjoyed them both but for my third cruise i think i am just going to stick with the dining room. I have no real complaints about it.

1) My wife would like her hair done for one of the formal nights but we can't seem to pre book an appointment online - do you just have to wait until you're on board or do these become available online nearer the time?

The spa salon is VERY busy on formal nights-- more so on the first night then the second night.

When is your cruise? have you checked for appts on your cruise personalyzer?

If you cant do it that way-- as soon as you get in your room call for an appointment ASAP. OR visit the spa before you go anywhere. This will assure her a good time for a hair do.- be prepared to pay some $$

As far as I know, hair appointments cannot be made on-line. Make the appointment very soon after boarding -- otherwise you will not get it on the day of the first formal. I know DW forgets and then does not get an appt. As serene56 above suggests -- go over to the spa soon after boarding and make the appt. personally.

Hi all - My wife and I are on The Crown on 16th November (we're from the UK and have never done The Caribbean before) Just a couple of questions that some of you knowledgeable people may know the answers to:

Keep checking your cruise personalizer. If you can't eventually book it there, then like the others said, hit the salon as soon as you get on the ship to make your appt.

2) Which nights are the formal nights? (Can't see this listed anywhere)

Tuesday and Thursday

3) Has anyone heard about taking some essentials to Grand Turk to help them after the devastation of Hurricane Ike? We would love to take some bits and pieces with us if they need stuff - to be honest I'm surpried that Princess haven't contacted everyone on their cruises about this.

I hadn't heard anything about doing this, but it sounds like a great idea!!

4) I read in some places about The Chefs Table? Anyone have an opinion on this? Is it worth it?

I haven't done it myself, but every post I've read from people who did it absolutely RAVED about it.

Think that's it for now.......no doubt I'll think of some more after I post this! Thanks everyone....

Hope you have a great time on your cruise!!

YES. Definitely worth it.

When you board, call the extension listed for making dining reservations and ask to be added to the list. With only 10-12 people doing it at a time and only being offered a couple of times on a cruise, it does not take long to fill all the available slots.

Thankyou for the great review. This will be our third time with Princess in Feb. Did they do on Deck for the cure? we always enjoy the horseraces as well. We are hoping to jet ski in St. Maarten. We have found that Celebrity has changed since RCI has taken over. Not all good. We enjoy Princess.

Thanks again Anna

Thankyou for the great review. This will be our third time with Princess in Feb. Did they do on Deck for the cure? we always enjoy the horseraces as well. We are hoping to jet ski in St. Maarten. We have found that Celebrity has changed since RCI has taken over. Not all good. We enjoy Princess.

Thanks again Anna

Hi Anna!

Thanks for your nice reply. Yes, they did the On Deck for the Cure Walk. It was held on Saturday, the last sea day at 10:30 AM. I'm glad to hear you enjoy Princess. I always have a wonderful time cruising Princess...this was my 4th cruise with them. The Crown is a great ship!! I wish I was going with you...I miss being on the ship!;) Hope you have a great cruise!!

Archived