Harrrisons cave or Sea Eye Glass Bottom hydrofoil

fedexpackage

I will be visiting Barbados in February and was wondering which tour to take. Has anyone done either Harrison Cave or the Sea Eye Hydrofoil? :rolleyes: I visited Barbados last February and did the Concorde Experience which turned out better then I expected. So now I am not sure what to do. I was also considering the Malibu Beach and rum tour. I am confused. The Hydrofoil looks like fun and it did sell out when I was there earlier. Any help would be appreciated.:)

I did Harrisons cave back in the 1990's while on Princess and really enjoyed it.A couple of people found it a little claustrophic,being so far underground.It did not bother me or my wife.(first wife)

My new wife and i are going to do it when we go again next year on the Sea Princess out of Barbados.The grounds were nice on the property,saw a Termite nest there too..really neat.you sit in a trolly type car,wear safety hat and off you go.

I'd go with the Harrisons Cave tour, if only because you'll see a fair chunk of the island

just in the going to and from -even if you don't stop anywhere else,which is unlikely.

The Cave complex is just about slap-bang in the center of the island, up high

and you may stop along the way at places like Earthworks Pottery/On The Wall Art Gallery complex (in the vicinity)

or somewhere else like that.

What I'm saying is, you'll probably get more bang for your buck ..for your day

unless you're a seriously Marine-kinda person who just can't stay out of the water..

Thanks for all your help.

The only concern I have with the cave is how dark and damp it is.

How long are you in the cave?

How dark?

Ummm...it's a cave! but it is attractively lit

so it's a bit like going into a cinema before the lights go down, for the movie.

How damp?

There's running water in this rare living cave

('dead' caves have no running water)

...I didn't notice any particular uptick in humidity compared to outside.

Ventilation's fairly good in there.

How long are you in there?

I haven't been for years, but I'm fairly sure the tour's about 45 mins.

It's interesting enough that the time goes quickly,

- unless you're seriously claustrophobic ..in which case you shouldn't be going at all.

• 2 weeks later...

You ride around Harrison's Cave in a tram, so it's not that claustrophobic. There are several places you can get out and take a look, but they are bigger areas that can hold everyone on the tram standing around in a group.

If you go on your own, I would either go early so you are among the first people there or see if you can pre-purchase tickets for a particular time. It's first come first serve, so if you don't beat the ship excursion there, you could wait for a bit.

I was with my elderly mother and we just went to the cruise terminal and told the guy at the desk what we wanted to do. The cab took us and waited for us. We went on to Folkestone Underwater Park for several hours, but the cab would have taken us anywhere. I'm sure we paid a premium, but we were willing to do that just in case Mom didn't feel like going at all that day.

Archived