What happens when the kids lose their sea pass?

earn

My younger brother, then 13 and 15 on our cruises, lost his card BOTH times when we sailed on the Adventure of the Seas and the Mariner of the Seas, and he had a soda sticker as well. The pursers desk was nice and froze the other card in case someone found it, and gave him a new one and put a new sticker on. They have all your account information stored so it's not a problem. Not sure about the other lines though.

It is a wise investment to keep your childs card on a lanyard though. That came in handy!

With three kids it's bound to happen and with us, it did. Princess had no problem replacing it. And, when we were by the pool one day, there was a table of lost and found items and I bet you there were at least 10 cards there. With the kids, get them a lanyard and it works great.

Thanks for the reassurance. They boys will be 8 and 10 when we cruise. They are pretty good about looking after their things, but a lanyard sounds like a good idea. Will they punch a hole in the card for them? We are sailing on Mariner or sounds like it will be OK if they loses them though.

Thanks for the reassurance. They boys will be 8 and 10 when we cruise. They are pretty good about looking after their things, but a lanyard sounds like a good idea. Will they punch a hole in the card for them? We are sailing on Mariner or sounds like it will be OK if they loses them though.

Yes, they will punch a hole in them for you.

And as an adult who has lost, left behind, misplaced, deactivated etc a card on almost every single cruise, guest relations is definitely used to having to replace cards for various reasons, without a hassle.:)

I have two boys - 10 and 4. On our two cruises this year we were given the lanyards, but I did something else for the boys. (They tend to "play" with the lanyard and it breaks open or falls off. . .) I purchased carabiner clips and put the cards on them and attached them to a belt loop on their pants each day.

The 4 year old didn't mess with his, as he forgot about it. The 10 year old could take it off his belt loop easily if needed and put it back (left it on the carabiner).

I hung a suction cup hook on the mirror in our stateroom and they hung them on that each night. We never had to look for their cards either trip. I, on the other hand, ended up wearing one of the lanyards as I kept misplacing MY card.:p

They throw them overboard---they are of no more use to the RCI stockholders!

As a shareholder, I would like to suggest that we charge first for throwing them overboard. :D We have to make up previous losses somehow. Plus, those cards do cost money. :D

Seriously, we had no problem replacing a lost card with soda stickers on them. It was later found in the cabin, right where we were told we would find it.

The poor lady at the Purser's desk got to know my daughter well on one cruise. She wasn't loosing her card but having problems with it not working. We couldn't figure it out but it wasn't opening the doors or any thing. Finally we figured it out. She was wearing one of those Magnetic Necklaces and her card in a lanyard. The necklace kept messing up the magnetic strip on the cards.

Before we figured this out the lady at the pursers desk was so nice and replaced the card with a smile. She was very gracious to my daughter.

Lanyards Rock!! My daughter and I always have both of our cards punched. Hers stays attached to her lanyard and she has never lost or even misplaced one. For me, if I've got 'secure' pockets I'll keep my card there, but women's clothing doesn't always have pockets - or at least not ones I would trust my card in - so those are the times when I use the lanyard, and the card is not just safe from loss, it's convenient, too. :)

Is it easy to renew a sea pass if one of my kids loses theirs? What if they have a soda sticker?

Thanks,

My son when he was younger was "king of the lost cards!" He seemed to lose at least 2 or 3 per trip - even with a lanyard. He was always able to get a new soda sticker if he had the package. Fortunately those days are over and a single card can last a whole cruise.

Archived