Would you steal a towel, pool towel or robe?

Boo Boo

Would you ever take a RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever take a RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe?

• Yes - I have done so before.
    • I haven't yet, but I would consider doing it.
    • No - I would never consider doing this.

We wound up with 2 towels in our laundry at home after our September 2007 cruise on Liberty of the Seas. They were the beach towels that we had taken off with us to Labadee and I had stuffed into my beach bag. The room attendant gave us 2 fresh new ones, and I never unpacked the beach bag until we got home!

They are really nice with the Crown and Anchor logo on them. So I haven't mailed them back.:o

Why not return them on your next cruise?

With all the baggage limitations? And I'm cruising with a 9-month-old the next time. Do you know how much crap a 9-month-old requires?;)

Seriously, we probably will, if I think about throwing them in the suitcases. Otherwise I won't worry about it.

I have no need for a regular towel or robe. Now if the beach towel was something cool, like a big Royal Caribbean logo, I'd consider purchasing one. Doubt I'd steal it, though.

Go to gifts and gear on the RC website and they'll have it waiting in your cabin when you arrive. It's really cool, and well worth the money.

With all the baggage limitations? And I'm cruising with a 9-month-old the next time. Do you know how much crap a 9-month-old requires?;)
Heck just leave the 9 month old at home.;)

Seriously, we probably will, if I think about throwing them in the suitcases. Otherwise I won't worry about it.

Not a big deal either way, but if you are able to fit them in at least you know you'll have plenty of beach towels.:p

Aside from the fact that I wouldn't steal a towel or robe, I think it's pretty disgusting. Other people have worn those things, so I don't use the robe during the cruise anyway. Someone could've had their naked behind in them and you know they don't wash those robes.

Aside from the fact that I wouldn't steal a towel or robe, I think it's pretty disgusting. Other people have worn those things, so I don't use the robe during the cruise anyway. Someone could've had their naked behind in them and you know they don't wash those robes.

I seriously doubt they don't wash the robes. :cool:

I personally wouldnt want any of these. But I did sit with a lady who thought the bath robes were a gift for having many RCL cruises. She was in her 80s, so maybe it was a misunderstanding, not a change in policy. She told me "I already have too many of the robes, dont need another", when we were discussing RCL putting them in our cabins.

People might be confused as to if they are being given to them or not? Not everyone is on CC and sees that they should not be taken home or understands.

That is a good point - I can see how it could happen.

It would surprise me with towels, but I can kind of understand it with robes... (although these days they do tend to have notices on them saying that they are "not complimentary and you will be charged if you take them").

Boo

I run a small B&B. Not only has no one yet stolen a towel... but at least two have left their own towels (with no way to identify them) and I have more than I started with.

Of course, I have had guests RUIN towels and sheets. Heck, they have even ruined the soap dispenser in the shower and once actually broke the sink. And I'm serious when I say that lipstick, makeup and blood aren't the worst things I have seen on my towels. Which is why, however natural and organic you want me to be.. my towels are always washed in hot water with bleach.

OK, TMI....

and why on earth would you want to steal USED towels and robes.???

Gross.... IMO........ :eek:

Of course they do, they are boiled washed to within an inch of their lives... ;)

I DID have an issue with a pillow/pillowcase on our last cruise - which proves that things CAN somehow get through without washing (stateroom attendant had changed sheets on bed, somehow a "incredibly aromatic" pillow/pillowcase made it into our bed) - but I would imagine that is VERY rare...

Boo

I'm sure the robes are washed as a few times they weren't in our cabin and the stewards told us they would be when they were out of the laundry.

I still can't imagine stealing a used robe or towel. I have a great robe at home and more than enough towels. No need for them and I don't steal things anyway.

Of course they wash the robes. I have had a cabin attendent say he will bring the robes as soon as they get done washing and drying them. I was in the cabin when he did bring them and one of them was still warm.

Laura

I ended up with a washcloth in my suitcase. It was the head of a towel rabbit. I'm not sure how it got there - wasn't intentional. Does that count as stealing yes or no?

This make it perfectly clear

The actus reus of theft is usually defined as an unauthorised taking, keeping or using of another's property which must be accompanied by a mens rea of dishonesty and/or the intent to permanently deprive the owner or the person with rightful possession of that property or its use.

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft

My youngest (6 at the time) began suffering the ill effects of motion sickness on our last night in Alaska. I asked our cabin attendant if we could take some a couple of handtowels and washcloths with us, "just in case", as we had a cross country flight to make.

Other than that, haven't stolen any. Don't see the point.

I ended up with a washcloth in my suitcase. It was the head of a towel rabbit. I'm not sure how it got there - wasn't intentional. Does that count as stealing yes or no?

YES, and you should at least contact RCI about the situation or mail it back to the cruise line in Miami. :rolleyes:

YES, and you should at least contact RCI about the situation or mail it back to the cruise line in Miami. :rolleyes:

Does she have to mail back the Rabbit Head or just the washrag

I enjoy sailing on RCI, but their towels and robes, or anything else for that matter, are not going to make me want to steal anything. Theft of any kind is just plain wrong. Buy a souvineer to remember the cruise by. Towels and robes used by countless other people don't turn me on.

Eric

Archived