I need to vent!

cruz chic

I'm not a happy camper today! I finally got my cruise documents today 19 days before I leave. I booked this cruise 15 months ahead of time and got confirmed for early traditional dining. This is important to me as I am going solo. I got my tickets and I am confirmed in OPEN SEATING!!! I've got a call into my TA right now and I am waiting for a call back. Has this happened to anyone else...and was it resolved:mad: ?

Let us know what you find out from your TA.

I will. I can't understand why they confirm then throw you into open after booking so far ahead. If they are not able to change this it will be a few long time until I cruise with them again!!

Oh that bites :( I hope your TA can get this resolved immediately. If she cannot, try calling Ship Services directly. If that doesn't work, forego the now-I'm-onboard ritual (whatever that might be) and corner the Maitre D' as soon as you're on board. I'm sure that being a single, there'll be more chance of getting what you want (as opposed to a group of four or something).

Fingers crossed!

I would call every department at HAL that might be able to help you, from Ship's services, to customer relations to mariners, etc. Someone should be able to take care of this for you and confirm the change with an email. 15 months out should have gotten you what you wanted. Come back and let us know what happened. Good luck.

I would be an unhappy cruiser! That isn't right IMO

If they confirm at the time of booking they should live by that confirmation! Good Luck. I hope your TA gets it straightened out. Please let us know.

I am so sorry this happened to you. It isn't the first report of such a change; I hope it will be the last.

It's bad enough when you can't get fixed dining at 15 months out. But to get it---and have it confirmed---only to have it taken away is unconscionable.

I hope that you can get what you want for dining. I suspect that as a single it will be easier to find one place at the table.

I also hope that HAL can get its act together when it comes to traditional dining.

I am totally sympathetic. We booked our next cruise 13 months ahead of time specifically to get the traditional seating time we prefer (well actually we preferred the 6:15 time, but it doesn't exist anymore). If the same thing were to happen to us in March, I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that would be the end of our cruising with HAL. Let us know how this is resolved.

Same thing happened to me:mad:

You can try the DR manager when you board, but don't get your hopes up.:(

I may try that phone number, thanks for the tip.;)

HAL should not confirm, then bump, it stinks.:mad: Even if your TA does fix it, you very likely will be "forced" when you check in at the pier, and they will tell you to see the DR manager, who may or may not help you.

Have a great cruise anyway.:cool:

Mark....

Ok...this appears to be fixed although who knows. I think my TA may not be in the office today because her voicemail is still saying Monday. I called HAL directly.....the ship services number given by one of the posters on this thread. The guy that answered the phone told me it was a forced change but he couldn't see by who. He maintains that I am back on the 5:45 seating. I asked if I could get a confirmation email and he told me it would go right to the TA. I'm still worried that it's not going to be right but what can I do. Thanks so much for all the suggestions and support! As usual...the awesome people on this board have been a great support to me. Thanks again:) .

I'm still worried that it's not going to be right but what can I do.

E-mail your TA, requesting a copy of HAL's e-mail. Print it off, take it with you, and stop at the dining room as soon as you get on board to confirm your fixed time dining. In the meantime, believe that it is fixed to your satisfaction, and get back to dreaming about this upcoming trip!

I'm not a happy camper today! I finally got my cruise documents today 19 days before I leave. I booked this cruise 15 months ahead of time and got confirmed for early traditional dining. This is important to me as I am going solo. I got my tickets and I am confirmed in OPEN SEATING!!! I've got a call into my TA right now and I am waiting for a call back. Has this happened to anyone else...and was it resolved:mad: ?

The exact same ting happened to me for our Mediterranean Cruise this September. I booked 13 months in advance, was waitlisted for main seating. When I made final payment, it was changed to OPEN. I tried my darndest for get it changed to no avail.

On the ship, the only thing they could do for me was early fixed. With the cruise being so port-intensive, I did not feel that was a good choice. We stayed with OPEN and had to work around getting good service.

Terri

The exact same ting happened to me for our Mediterranean Cruise this September. I booked 13 months in advance, was waitlisted for main seating. When I made final payment, it was changed to OPEN. I tried my darndest for get it changed to no avail.

On the ship, the only thing they could do for me was early fixed. With the cruise being so port-intensive, I did not feel that was a good choice. We stayed with OPEN and had to work around getting good service.

Terri

The thing was that I was confirmed right from the time I booked it. I was never waitlisted. This is dirty IMO of HAL.

This should never have happened! Booking that early should assure you get the fixed dining arrangement you want. Now this Mariner has had to jump through hoops to get what he wanted, and was told he had, in the first place. So let's assume he gets a confirmation e-mail. It will be just as valid as the original confirmation he received. In other words, SQUAT!

Now, instead of fully anticipating his cruise in a joyous manner as he planned, he has this dark cloud hanging over his dining room reservation that he'll have to contend with once he boards.

What a shame!

The thing was that I was confirmed right from the time I booked it. I was never waitlisted. This is dirty IMO of HAL.

Lorekauf, this is not acceptable & you should not have to stress about getting what you thought you already had. Did you get a copy of the HAL booking confirmation from your TA when you initially booked? It should show Dining: Confirmed Early. End of story. I hope your TA sorts this out for you. Either way, I'd bring a copy of the booking confirmation with you, just in case.....:o:o

Lorekauf, this is not acceptable & you should not have to stress about getting what you thought you already had. Did you get a copy of the HAL booking confirmation from your TA when you initially booked? It should show Dining: Confirmed Early. End of story. I hope your TA sorts this out for you. Either way, I'd bring a copy of the booking confirmation with you, just in case.....:o:o

Oh yeah I always keep these confirmations. I am assuming that my TA should have gotten another one now since this mess should be fixed.

I have a confirmation from my TA, it doesn’t mean squat. :(

I think it has to do with your cabin category. If your in a suite, no problem, if your in a low category, (which most solos are), they drop you like a bag of dirt.

I tried my last voyage to get fixed dinning on my last cruise, spent about 2 hours, but to no avail. I am almost sure that is has come to the need to give the DR manager a couple of twenties to get your wishes. :eek:

Mark…

This has happened before.

It seems, based only on reports made to this board, that the longest standing bookings are the ones at greatest risk of surprise. My own theroy is that all dining requests made prior to the implementation of AYWD, were discarded upon implementation of AYWD.

The good news is that a solo can easily be accommodated, at anytime. It's one of the many benefits of solo cruising. I hope you land at a good table and the conversation and wine flows freely.

Archived