C752 Regular or E731 Mini-Suite?

frito58

We are new to Princess we have C752 corner aft room booked on the CB, but I have been looking at upgrading to a mini-suite. I see E731 is available , I have done a search and read the good and bad. Just wondering what everyone though, it would only be $250 total to upgrade, I like corner back aft rooms but can't decide if we want the nicer room.

We are new to Princess we have C752 corner aft room booked on the CB, but I have been looking at upgrading to a mini-suite. I see E731 is available , I have done a search and read the good and bad. Just wondering what everyone though, it would only be $250 total to upgrade, I like corner back aft rooms but can't decide if we want the nicer room.

It really depends on your preference. Personally, we turned down a mini-suite upgrade as a tub is something we don't care about and we don't like the couch area that sits between the bed and the sliding glass door to the balcony. I suppose if we were going 3 to a room I might do it, but not with the two of us. Just a personal 'thang' :)

Cheers!

Tee

These are both plum cabins.....so.....here's what we are doing. We are on our way to a b2b next week. The first week we have C752.....the next week we are moving to E731. Good combo huh!!! :D Actually, I am not supposed to know about the move to the mini on the 2nd cruise. It's a surprise from my DH. (I'm just to nosy I guess, but he doesn't know I discovered it!)

I'll report back when we return in mid Nov.....if any one is interested!!!!

Our vote is C752/53:

We are approaching our 5th cruise in C752 or C753 and have chosen this over E731 each time. We do not care about bathtub or increased interior space with the mini-suite. Category BB is always cheaper. Also, I like glass balcony walls along all of the C752/53. E731 has steel walls on the balcony extension so I would not likely sit there so would get little use of the extended area. Lastly, I have heard some reports of wind affecting E731. We have never had any wind with C752/753 and have travelled in some rough seas and windy weather...

I never thought about a lot of wind. We love 7388 on the AOS it is so peaceful on the aft, just thought the mini-suite looked nice, and the larger shower sounded good as well. Its a tough call all the arguments sound good, I may flip a coin:p

Haven't sailed in C752 but have sailed in Caribe deck balconies (lovely!) We are sailing in E731 in.... FOUR DAYS! and will be sure to post all about it when we return. Our first day or so is probably going to be chilly since it's the NY to San Juan repo so the additional interior space will be much desired then. Also, I love to take baths (at home and on vacation) so I'll get a lot of use of the tub.

I'd try the mini for $250 more if it were me, but I've never sailed in one and was curious to see. I can't remember the price differential between the mini and the balcony when we booked but I do remember it was REALLY small.

We sailed on the CP last December. After having been in several Junior Suites on RCCL, going to a regular room on the Baja deck of the CP was a bit of a let down. I didnt realize it was that different when I booked it. We will be on the CB in Nov 2009 and I booked early just to get D733 or D732. Wish they had the tub but the big shower is fine. We just love the larger balcony and being full aft or close to it. My wife could spend the entire cruise on the balcony. Motion and wind doesnt bother us - all the better as a matter of fact. That's why we quit going on the Voyager class to be on a smaller boat on Princess. If you are going to be at sea - it better feel like it for us. She does like the MUTS as well. We saw Rocky Horror Picture Show one night last year - audience members joining in and all.

Enjoy matey.

We are on the ruby so can only speak for the dimensions on that ship. Had a mini but the cabin layout made the balconey look smaller so I called and got the dimensions. Caribe deck balconies are much bigger and have shade. I don't think that applies to other decks but that was the difference for us between the two. You trade less balcony for more room inside

Just back from the Grand. Had Mini E729, last one starboard side. There were 3 of us so that's why we had to go with a mini. LOVED it! Full coverage and more than enough space inside for 3, even 4. DS was able to watch his sports channel while we were able to watch something else. Tub was a plus as we had more room. The biggest perk was the balcony. It was HUGH with the extra wrap around. We loved going out there and watching the wake. Yes the wrap around is steel vs glass but that never bothered us. Very large viewing area. NO noise from Vista lounge below us. Some slight rocking being that far back but it never bothered us, we actually rocked to sleep. smokestack smell last 2 days when we turned heading north. We had 4 days at sea so we really enjoyed it. I guess if we had less sea days and only 2 of us, next trip would be a balcony vs mini. to save a few $$ This was our first Princess cruise and we were very pleased

We had C753 booked for the crown and changed to E731 for aprice of 80 bucks. More space with the sitting area is why I did that- 2 tvs too-lol

C753 is pretty impressive too- we had that on the Caribbean Princess. We like to try new stuff so that is why we booked the mini this time.

you cant go wrong with no matter your choice.

Is the E731 still available?

when we gave up our C753 it was rebooked within minutes

We have E731 on the Crown February 22, 2009 sailing. We did a lot of research into the pros and cons of this cabin. And it helped that this will be cruise #17 for us. The pros far outweighed the cons. And that extended balcony? Love it. I'm hoping that someone here who is in E731 on Crown between now and February will provide a detailed account of the cabin. But for the extra cash, I'd say go for it.

We have E731 on the Crown February 22, 2009 sailing. We did a lot of research into the pros and cons of this cabin. And it helped that this will be cruise #17 for us. The pros far outweighed the cons. And that extended balcony? Love it. I'm hoping that someone here who is in E731 on Crown between now and February will provide a detailed account of the cabin. But for the extra cash, I'd say go for it.

I have that cabin For February 8th- home on the 15th so I can tell you about it then--- will give you a week before you get on. (should I hide something in the cabin for you--:D

I can't speak of the upgrade to a mini...but we had C752 on the Crown and LOVED it.

It's quiet at the end of the hall, and tucked around a corner. No wind. You can see both sides...and nothing better than watching the wake as you leave port. The balcony is a decent size.

Here's a few shots of the...uh....cabin. :D

1096629552_Crown1.jpg.e198f322419b272593538641ae003bd0.jpg

798290913_crown2.jpg.fc65c752909b6566a689bf70dd2d1a5b.jpg

329252365_crown3.jpg.c0375334b45c2e86bd10435b8e23191e.jpg

1081643929_crown4.jpg.a73338f0ec8a06c0f681831cfecc4d44.jpg

Serene: Hide an eggshell for me in case Princess ignores my request. Unfortunately, there's a week in between your cruise and mine. Stick a note under the carpeting on the balcony, end of ship. If it's still there when I board, I'll let you know on the board. On the other hand, a secreted bottle of good bourbon would be nice....

Enjoy your cruise!!

Canuck: Loved your photos!! Were they taken first day at sea?

That cruise was a southern on the Crown out of San Juan, PR. The first one was the first day at sea. The others...were taken at different times of the cruise..I think 3rd was taken at St. Thomas, and the last was sailing out of St. Thomas. If that was all on the first day, I'd have a drinking problem! Notice the bottle Crown Royal getting lighter and lighter...:o

Archived