We Made Enough Noise, RCCL WILL ALLOW US TO COMBINE OBCS

I've cruised with a lot of them before, and they are a really nice, fun group. It will be party-central on that cruise - I am really looking forward to it! :D I have my flight and hotel booked, and I have been down there so many times I already know what I'll probably do in port.

BUMMER! We've done this cruise at least 10 times, but it never gets old.. rather be there than at work! I'll keep you posted on what we do!

Quote:

And here's the answer I just recieved from RCCL - the bolding is mine.

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Clampett,

Thank you for your e-mail to Mr. Ian Bailey, VP of our Investor Relations Department. We appreciate this opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment this recent change has caused you. After some consideration, we will be allowing the combinability of the onboard credits until further notice. Please feel free to contact me at the number listed below if you wish to discuss this matter further.

I might just a bit paranoid, but I went to investor relations page for RCI stock and nothing has changed. If they are really allowing this until further notice I would like to see the web site reflect the revised position. For those of you more paranoid than I, here a direct copy and paste from the site as of 10-24:

6. Can this benefit be combined with other offers, onboard credits and coupons?Shareholder Onboard Credit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates. Guests have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer. The benefit is NOT available to company employees, travel agents, tour conductors and/or others utilizing complimentary or reduced-rate cruise fares.

Looks like they are still leaving the door wide open to say no unless someone complains. If that is the case it is a very small step in the right direction, and could be very temporary...

Quote:

And here's the answer I just recieved from RCCL - the bolding is mine.

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Clampett,

Thank you for your e-mail to Mr. Ian Bailey, VP of our Investor Relations Department. We appreciate this opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment this recent change has caused you. After some consideration, we will be allowing the combinability of the onboard credits until further notice. Please feel free to contact me at the number listed below if you wish to discuss this matter further.

I might just a bit paranoid, but I went to investor relations page for RCI stock and nothing has changed. If they are really allowing this until further notice I would like to see the web site reflect the revised position. For those of you more paranoid than I, here a direct copy and paste from the site as of 10-24:

6. Can this benefit be combined with other offers, onboard credits and coupons?Shareholder Onboard Credit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates. Guests have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer. The benefit is NOT available to company employees, travel agents, tour conductors and/or others utilizing complimentary or reduced-rate cruise fares.

Looks like they are still leaving the door wide open to say no unless someone complains. If that is the case it is a very small step in the right direction, and could be very temporary...

That's the first thing I looked at when I read this thread and noticed the verbiage hadn't changed. Sometimes web changes aren't that fast, but if I don't see a change in the wording within several weeks, I would be very suspicious on their intentions, so get it while you can!

BUMMER! We've done this cruise at least 10 times, but it never gets old.. rather be there than at work! I'll keep you posted on what we do!

You can always come join us on our roll call if you want to chat.;) We're a bit livier than the group you are with!

And hey, if you can't make the cruise, I am sure that there will be a pre-cruise dinner on Saturday night, attended by a million CC'ers.:D

I'll be back in LA in 2 weeks, going on the Vision again. :)

Now it would be NICE if RCI would (or have they already?) post this information somewhere for others that are not on CC to read and if there is an end date for combining that they post that also on their website.

I see that RCCL have updated their Investor Information:

6. Can this benefit be combined with other offers, onboard credits and coupons?The benefit is NOT available to company employees, travel agents, tour conductors and/or others utilizing complimentary or reduced-rate cruise fares. Benefit is not combinable when using inter-line rates or onboard chartered sailings.

I am very pleased that they listened to us all.

andrew

That's the first thing I looked at when I read this thread and noticed the verbiage hadn't changed. Sometimes web changes aren't that fast, but if I don't see a change in the wording within several weeks, I would be very suspicious on their intentions, so get it while you can!

They changed it within the last three hours. THANKS RCCL!

I have considered purchasing stock, and in light of this news I'm seriously considering again, since the price is fairly low at the moment.

So, I thought I'd ask all of you current stockholder 'experts' ;) to clarify (and I only ask since it sounds too good to be true)

If I was a shareholder and held a next cruise booking and applied it on say, a 10 night cruise, I would receive my $200 OBC from next cruise AND $200 for being a shareholder for a total of a $400 OBC??! That seems to good to be true, but is that the way it works?? Also, when I hit platinum, would I also be able to combine the balcony discount with all of this as well??

Thanks in advance for your help :D

I have considered purchasing stock, and in light of this news I'm seriously considering again, since the price is fairly low at the moment.

So, I thought I'd ask all of you current stockholder 'experts' ;) to clarify (and I only ask since it sounds too good to be true)

If I was a shareholder and held a next cruise booking and applied it on say, a 10 night cruise, I would receive my $200 OBC from next cruise AND $200 for being a shareholder for a total of a $400 OBC??! That seems to good to be true, but is that the way it works?? Also, when I hit platinum, would I also be able to combine the balcony discount with all of this as well??

Thanks in advance for your help :D

Correct on the $400 and you can combine the platinum and diamond balcony discounts with the OBC's.

Correct on the $400 and you can combine the platinum and diamond balcony discounts with the OBC's.

Thanks for your quick response!

Wow! That's great :D :D Is there anything that the stock OBC can't be combined with? Minus what's already outlined on their shareholder Q&A site.

icon7.gif

yesterday I wrote . . . . (Chevy Cruiser)

"I posted this earlier today on the other thread after receiving the call from Corporate Guest Relations and am adding it here where it will be seen. Glad you thought to make it a NEW thread - so the wonderful word will get out."

Originally Posted by havebagswilltravel viewpost.gif

I have just received a MOST welcome phone call from Royal Caribbean.

They've restored my faith - and then some - they are currently calling people who expressed concern with the policy change; they are revising it - he called it "making exceptions" - and I cannot swear that it is for all time - but when I asked if it were (just) being grandfathered for those of us who made Next Cruise purchases before the announcement, (which was all I had asked for),

I THINK he indicated that it's more than that - (I told you I was excited.) I asked if it will apply to my daughter who was with me on September 11; also purchased three Next Cruises and also is a shareholder; but had not communicated her concern and he said YES!!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks ChevyCruiser for finding the new wording on the investor relations site - it was even more wonderful to see it in print. Good to Go!!!!!!!!! - In my own letter I had excerpted several of the many excellent comments from other CCrs, (including you) after stating my own reasons (hope that was okay with you all w/o your permission) some which had been mailed to RCCL and some which were only to be read here.

It was less than half an hour after the phone call from Corporate Guest Relations that I received a satisfaction survey about my recent request. You may well believe that I took full opportunity in the comment section to express appreciation (and continued loyalty) for being able to feel better than ever about RCCL.

I am still going to send thanks to ibailey@RCCL.com and shareholderbenefit@RCCL.com since that's where I sent my original letter.

quote.gif

Yes, you can combine all of these. And perhaps you might find a C&A Savings Certificate for your cruise. And, if you are 55 or over, you might even be lucky to get the Seniors Rate!

It is these "perks" (and the Concierge Lounge!) that have kept me very loyal to Royal Caribbean.

andrew

Wonderful news! We made a comment in our email requesting shareholder benefits earlier this month but nothing was said in the return email. So delighted that RCI has changed their stance. We actually bought 200 more shares today.

Kathy:)

We are recent new RCI shareholders and hadn't even had the opportunity to combine the OBC benefit when we learned of the change! We were so upset with how RCI was reducing the importance of loyal customers that we considered looking elsewhere for our cruises in the future. Now, because RCI listened to all of you experienced and loyal to royal customers, we once again have a renewed faith and loyalty to RCI...here's hoping it's a long and fruitful relationship! :D

I called C&A today, on another issue, and asked for confirmation about combinability of Stock OBC and NextCruises ...

I was told that, yes, the Shareholder Credit would be allowed with Next Cruises ... but only until December 31, 2008 ... at which time RCI would re-evaluate the benefit. So, if you were planning on using a Next Cruise with your RCCL stock, you might want to book now ...

Interesting that this is the first mention of a deadline ... :rolleyes:

I called C&A today, on another issue, and asked for confirmation about combinability of Stock OBC and NextCruises ...

I was told that, yes, the Shareholder Credit would be allowed with Next Cruises ... but only until December 31, 2008 ... at which time RCI would re-evaluate the benefit. So, if you were planning on using a Next Cruise with your RCCL stock, you might want to book now ...

Interesting that this is the first mention of a deadline ... :rolleyes:

Not the first mention of Dec. 31st.......Mommabean, posted that date 3 days ago on the, Stock OBC not Combinable Anymore thread...post # 564...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=849886&page=29

Not the first mention of Dec. 31st.......Mommabean, posted that date 3 days ago on the, Stock OBC not Combinable Anymore thread...post # 564...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=849886&page=29

Thanks, Mass! I reviewed this thread before posting that, but leave it to Gina to have the first word. She's always a great source of information. Sorry I missed that post! :o

How do you know if the OBC has been applied? Is there a place to look it up on their web site? I faxed them on the October 14 to get in under the wire. I have 2 cruises booked.

Call RCCL, ask the person on the phone to review your booking invoice to see what OBCs are there. Then you can have them email you the current invoice as proof.

We are recent new RCI shareholders and hadn't even had the opportunity to combine the OBC benefit when we learned of the change! We were so upset with how RCI was reducing the importance of loyal customers that we considered looking elsewhere for our cruises in the future. Now, because RCI listened to all of you experienced and loyal to royal customers, we once again have a renewed faith and loyalty to RCI...here's hoping it's a long and fruitful relationship! :D

It amazes me that many people (not just you, Pat) would even consider not cruising with Royal Caribbean over this thing. I don't think we can call ourselves "loyal to Royal" if we would even consider not cruising with them over something like OBC. MAYBE you would have an argument if ALL the goodies were canceled, and even then Royal's product is, for us, what we want in cruising.

This was not even something I considered complaining about. I thanked them when they changed their position, but I didn't complain. I would rather RCCL did what they needed to do to stay in business so I could cruise with my favorite (for many reasons) line.

I can understand why some would say they will not book future cruises while on a cruise. That's a different thing. But to say they will never cruise with RCCL again doesn't make sense if you really like RCCL.

Let's truly be "loyal to Royal" in these hard economic times. I realize I will be flamed. So be it.

"loyal to royal" why would anyone be loyal??? Because of what WE get. Be it low prices, nice crew, small ship, large ship, new ship, favorite ship, large rooms, good private island, a great capt., a fine CD, fellow pax that we fit in with, OR many other reasons(100s). WE ( being the paying pax) choose one line or another for US. LET ME SEE...do I want RCCL or Princess?????? ALL are nice ships , good crew, etc. BUT.... RCCL has a better past cruisers benefit program..... so I chose to spend my dollars with RCCL. They get my money because they have the ONE---ONE thing that makes the difference to me. I have been on almost every major cruise line and they are all great but I have been choising RCCL lately because of the benefit program. Most other things are equal or a trade off. BUT RCCL has the best loyalty program so they get my money..if the program goes away so do DW and I. We might still book Rccl....but we might not. IS RCCL ahead to keep the program????? Only they can decide.

Archived