We Made Enough Noise, RCCL WILL ALLOW US TO COMBINE OBCS

Hey! Great marketing strategy RCL! Now I get to keep all the money I USED to give you so far in advance. Plus, I'll get a cheaper price by booking the last minute, new bookings only prices. Hey, works out great for me! And for you RCL, uh, gee, exactly WHAT is it you are gaining by this? Ya might want to re-think this one RCL....................

No, don't you get it? Times are tough! The economy is bad! They have to save money. Think of what they are saving!!! If you have to give someone an extra $150 to spend onboard and they buy drinks with it that cost you pennies on the dollar then you might actually be out $25 for that $150 OBC you let them have to combine their stockholder OBC with the Diamond balcony credit which they earned by spending lots of money with you over the years! (No, I don't get it either, I'm joking!)

Nope, we didn't book a Next Cruise on our last cruise on Grandeur in November either. We didn't even visit the Loyalty Ambassador. They just sent us 2 $50 "thank you" coupons as well...why? We can't use those either. As I recall, the coupons started being disallowed in July? :o

We still have a Next Cruise from April and Serenade. I guess we will book something on the new schedules with it, just to use it up or recover our deposit money.

Hey..........they made money off of me! I have one Next Cruise left.......and now that I have read the fine print.......they must be used within 30 days of the issue of the certificate!

I was under the impression from the Loyalty Ambassador.......that they were good if I didn't book anything for any period of time. Dumb me!!

Royal Caribbean made $100.00 off of me. I won't book with the LA in the future........I need to decide whether the stockholder certificates get me more than the Diamond balcony discount gives me.

Looks to me like last minute booking on a WOW deal is the way to go.

And we used to book full suites. If things slow down enough......like on the Mariner around the horn cruise..........I can book a D-2 and D+ will upgrade me to a GS or OS!!

Yep.........Royal Caribbean made some great choices in the changes that they have made!!:D:D:D

Rick

Hey..........they made money off of me! I have one Next Cruise left.......and now that I have read the fine print.......they must be used within 30 days of the issue of the certificate!

The Next Cruise does not expire, unless that rule has been changed also. Rick, perhaps you are looking at the Friends and Family certificate? That one has a 30 day limit from the time you turn the Next Cruise into a real booking. Again, this is the way it was in the old days (pre Oct 08). I don't think anyone at RCI knows what the rules are, and if they do, then the rules will change tomorrow anyhow.

Bob

No Rick, you are looking at the wrong thing. The Next Cruise certificate is more like a letter and doesn't expire. There are 2 friends & family certificates that expire in 30 days.......30 days after the Next Cruise certificate holder books THEIR cruise. Maybe put it back in the envelope for now. LOL. :D:):D

No Rick, you are looking at the wrong thing. The Next Cruise certificate is more like a letter and doesn't expire. There are 2 friends & family certificates that expire in 30 days.......30 days after the Next Cruise certificate holder books THEIR cruise. Maybe put it back in the envelope for now. LOL. :D:):D

I have a white sheet of paper with a Booking Id. and under it the wording "NC NEXT CRUISE PROGRAM. Then it has my name and the deposit amount. Is that what you are talking about???:rolleyes:

It's back in the envelope and back in a safe place!! Thanks!!:o

Rick

I have a white sheet of paper with a Booking Id. and under it the wording "NC NEXT CRUISE PROGRAM. Then it has my name and the deposit amount. Is that what you are talking about???:rolleyes:

It's back in the envelope and back in a safe place!! Thanks!!:o

Rick

Rick, like Patti and Bob told you....................your NC is good indefinitely............it has NO EXPIRATION DATE. If you got Certificates for Friends and Family then yes, they have 30 days from the time you activate your NC booking number with a specific itinerary/ship/sailing date to book the same cruise as you have booked.

Me thinks you've been alone for too long and need your wife back!!:D

Rick, like Patti and Bob told you....................your NC is good indefinitely............it has NO EXPIRATION DATE. If you got Certificates for Friends and Family then yes, they have 30 days from the time you activate your NC booking number with a specific itinerary/ship/sailing date to book the same cruise as you have booked.

Me thinks you've been alone for too long and need your wife back!!:D

:rolleyes::D;)!!!

Rick

Hi Patti (pbhunt),

Happy New Year to you and Bill. Hope all is going well. Hope to "Sea" you out on the high seas soon.

Colleen

Happy New Year to you and your family as well, Colleen! :D We 'd love to sail with you again! We had so much fun "Up North" :)

Some of what you are saying is quite contrary to what I was told. I was told if you change your NC booking after Dec. 31/08 the combinations will ceases. I believe you can get your shareholders but nothing else and you will loss the OBC if you have a balcony discount or vis versa.

Also, NC have never been transferable from one company to the other. If you bought one for RCL it could only be used to book RCL and if you bought for Celebrity you can only use Celebrity.

I am not sure what NC is referring to ????

FB - Future booking

SH credit - stockholder Credit

On - on board credit

Help - I am drowning in these !

FB - Future booking

On - on board credit

NC is for Next Cruise which you book on board ship with a reduced deposit and you are given an On Board Credit as well

OBC is On Board Credit

Hope that helps.

FB - Future booking

On - on board credit

NC is next cruise?

Ok - my understanding: On RCCL Line

Booked 3 future cruises ( NC ?) on a RCL ship in 2008 - Changed it to an actual date (reservation # applied to a cruise) and did this before the end of 2008.

I recieved Next cruise /future - on board booking credit, on board stock holders credits, and credits toward Diamond level.

All FB/NC credits - were done on a Royal Car. ship - but I used them on both Celebrity and RCL.

If I need to reschedule any of these crusises, all credits, on board, still apply....and I pay advertised price for cruise...????????

Also, NC have never been transferable from one company to the other. If you bought one for RCL it could only be used to book RCL and if you bought for Celebrity you can only use Celebrity.""

Celebrity and RCL have always been interchangable - done 6 or 7 times in last 3 years. No problem 'mon...! I change my bookings from 1 to the other - and get my credits transferred - at different value - according to their programs.....

dfishner,

NC stands for Next Cruise certificate. That is a certificate that you can book on board from the LA (loyalty ambassador) for a future cruise. You will be required to put a deposit of $100 per person down as a deposit. If you only book one person (others can be added later) you only have to put down $100. This certificate will allow you to get an onboard credit when you book your cruise. The cruise can't be changed without losing the OBC. You used to be able to combine stockholder, diamond balcony discounts and the OBC/NC credits. That isn't allowed anymore :(

When you book the NC certificate you have 30 days to get friends or family to book the same cruise. If they do, they too will receive the OBC without their own NC certificate.

The only perk I see to booking the NC is if you are planning on booking a cabin without a balcony. Saying that, I am both diamond and a stockholder. I guess if I book a cruise at the last minute the NC will come in handy.

When RCL changed the rules on combineability, they set a date of Dec 31, 2008.

Here's a question.....

Is your "purchase date" the day you choose the sailing OR the day you gave them your money? Does the fact that the deposit is non-refundable impact your thoughts/opinions on this?

Just wondering because I find myself in this very situation.

NC booked in Oct 2008

Shares bought in Oct 2008

I have never had the benefit of double dipping.....and I really wanted to. That was the whole point of doing both in October!

When RCL changed the rules on combineability, they set a date of Dec 31, 2008.

Here's a question.....

Is your "purchase date" the day you choose the sailing OR the day you gave them your money? Does the fact that the deposit is non-refundable impact your thoughts/opinions on this?

Just wondering because I find myself in this very situation.

NC booked in Oct 2008

Shares bought in Oct 2008

I have never had the benefit of double dipping.....and I really wanted to. That was the whole point of doing both in October!

Your Next Cruise had to be converted to an actual cruise by 12/31/08 in order to combine benefits. After that date you can choose only one benefit.

Celebrity and RCL have always been interchangable - done 6 or 7 times in last 3 years. No problem 'mon...! I change my bookings from 1 to the other - and get my credits transferred - at different value - according to their programs.....
RCCL [Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines] never seems to have a consistent application of policy [eg most people say that when Fuel Supplements were an issue, if they transferred their booking from one date to another that the Fuel was then applied to the new date, yet a few say that they were not then assessed the Fuel charge, etc]. I have to assume that what you are saying is true for you, BUT I have NEVER heard anyone previously claim that they were able to use a RCI [Royal Caribbean International] Next Cruise for a Celebrity booking and still get OBCs [i have definitely heard that you can keep your OBC if you transfer your booking number from one RCI cruise to another RCI cruise]. Did I correctly understand that you have actually used the benefits of an RCI NC OBC on Celebrity [and/or vice versa] a number of times?

RCCL has and continues to change.... recently almost every perk/incentive is being "adjusted, downsized, eliminated, etc".

Anyone buying a Next Cruise in the future should read carefully every word on the form (not rely on any spoken word/promise).... Don't be surprised if there is an expiration date added some time in the future.

Actually, unless you have absolutely no C & A discount or other OBC, that will be the only benefit of the NC. But you have pointed out that it still can have some value.

Yes, my post was to point out that the NC could be helpful if you are only going to be able one OBC. If they discontinue the shareholder perk this year then there goes another OBC. If I am booking an inside cruise and they discontinue the shareholder credit then the NC will come in handy. It will also be helpful if we have friends or family cruising with us. I will actually save one NC certificate just for that reason. Trying to get friends to sail on the Voyager, out of Galveston, with us.

Guess the two certificates that I have booked will just stay burning a hole in my drawer for awhile.

Actually, unless you have absolutely no C & A discount or other OBC, that will be the only benefit of the NC. But you have pointed out that it still can have some value.

There is the other benefit of being able to offer an OBC to friends and family.

Other than that, I agree, there's little benefit to the NC.

"I have definitely heard that you can keep your OBC if you transfer your booking number from one RCI cruise to another RCI cruise]. Did I correctly understand that you have actually used the benefits of an RCI NC OBC on Celebrity [and/or vice versa] a number of times?"

Yes - But...the OBC will change in amount - RCL gives you "x" amount of credit - Celebrity has a different scale/amount - Your on board credit will be based on the Celebrity policy - as if you booked with Celebrity's future cruise person - even though you booked it with RCL...hope this is clear?

Archived