Claiming on-Board Credits from Fuel Surcharge overcharge

Aussiemate

I wonder how the on board credits will work if oil stays below $70 for forthcoming cruises, and Carnival Corp has to rebate as per their announcement.

Will you have to bring 25 days of news clippings with you onto the cruise and fill out a form and wait 30 days for the credits?

Has anyone seen a website that prints out oil prices for a specified time period?

This will be interesting.

I wonder how the on board credits will work if oil stays below $70 for forthcoming cruises, and Carnival Corp has to rebate as per their announcement.

Will you have to bring 25 days of news clippings with you onto the cruise and fill out a form and wait 30 days for the credits?

Has anyone seen a website that prints out oil prices for a specified time period?

If/when they rebate, it will just show up as a credit on your shipboard account.

We were on the Star earlier this year. We had booked before the surcharge was announced, but they charged us the surcharge. Then they decided to refund it to anyone who had booked before the announcement. We were given an OBC credit for the full amount.

Go to carnival.com or here on CC. They have the announcement and tell you that you don't have to do anything - they will give you the OBC if it's due. It's easy to find the daily closing prices for oil - do a word search for "Light sweet crude oil price." I found it on MSN and on the NY Merchantile websites.

Go to carnival.com or here on CC. They have the announcement and tell you that you don't have to do anything - they will give you the OBC if it's due. It's easy to find the daily closing prices for oil - do a word search for "Light sweet crude oil price." I found it on MSN and on the NY Merchantile websites.

Yum: "light sweet crude oil" -- sounds like it tastes better than Princess's coffee...

Archived