excursions

tiggerlily

You can ask on the RC board, but threads specifically about ports of call are usually moved to those boards.

Have you found the POC boards for the places you'll be stopping? They're all about excursions, both independent and through the cruiseline.

I would do some reading on those boards to find out what's available. I'd also read through what the cruiseline has to offer and what they're charging.

I always used to do excursions only through the cruiseline as I was convinced I'd be left behind if I didn't. I now only book through the cruiseline if I want a specific excursion that isn't available independently.

You just need to do some research and decide what you would like to do, what the prices are, and what the best method is to book. Be sure that if you do independent excursions that you know what their refund policy is (if you have to prepay).

Also realize that if you don't have to prepay, that you'll need to take extra cash to pay the tour operators in the ports.

How you book may depend on what you want to do! for lengthy excursions, I like to go through the ship--makes me feel more relaxed about getting back to the ship!

For things like beaches or shopping, generally, no excursions are needed at all. You just get off the ship and do your own thing.

Archived