No complimentary toiletries

Ashryn

I was on the Brilliance in 8/07 and there were no complimentary toiletries. I would bring your own. I plan to bring my own on the Radiance in 8/09.

Surely there was soap? I don't normally bring my own soap when I travel...

Lisa

Hi

Just read a review of Legend of the Seas and it stated that there were no complimentary toiletries in the cabin bathrooms. Is this true? Do we need to take all our own toiletries?

We just came off Majesty this month and they too stopped giving them out. Of course if you ask for them, they will still give them to you very promptly. I think they are doing this on select ships; I never use them so it doesn't bother me in the least. They do have a "body soap" dispenser in the shower along with the bars of soap if that is acceptable.

We just came off Majesty this month and they too stopped giving them out. Of course if you ask for them, they will still give them to you very promptly. I think they are doing this on select ships; I never use them so it doesn't bother me in the least. They do have a "body soap" dispenser in the shower along with the bars of soap if that is acceptable.

That's a relief! I like one particular brand of shampoo and always bring my own anyway. But having to supply my own soap for the sink and the shower was not a happy thought! Even the cheapest hotel will give you a little bar of soap.

That's a relief! I like one particular brand of shampoo and always bring my own anyway. But having to supply my own soap for the sink and the shower was not a happy thought! Even the cheapest hotel will give you a little bar of soap.

No need - I've never been on a ship where they didn't provide soap. :)

The toiletries depend on your cabin. I was on Legend in May in a JS and got shampoo, conditioner, and lotion in small bottles. There was also a shampoo dispenser in the shower but I don't think the steward ever filled it. I think the lower cabin grades (balcony, oceanview, and inside) only get the shampoo dispenser filled. All the cabins get soap.

I knew what the OP was referring to since I have experienced it, but most people might not. When the OP said "no complimentary toiletries in the cabin bathrooms" what they meant was the little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion (like the travel size you can buy in a store) are starting not to be given out automatically on some ships unless you ask for them.

They always have the bars of soap for the sink and bath in addition to the body soap "pump" container in the shower. Unless you require special soap or shampoo for your hair, you'll be fine. They don't provide deodorant, so please bring your own:D

I did have toiletries on my Rhapsody cruise (in a Junior Suite). However, there was a letter from the Loyalty Ambassador saying that these were there because of my Diamond status. I also had them on the Liberty in an E1. (no note explaining their presence that time.)

We haven't seen the "toiletries" (other than soap) for some time on RCI. Even several years ago on the Radiance I wasn't prepared for no toiletries and didn't have any lotion, asked the room steward for some no luck. When complained at guest relations and expressed that we should be able to get some lotion as D members they finally offered up some.

Now I know to bring my own :) .

We haven't seen the "toiletries" (other than soap) for some time on RCI. Even several years ago on the Radiance I wasn't prepared for no toiletries and didn't have any lotion, asked the room steward for some no luck. When complained at guest relations and expressed that we should be able to get some lotion as D members they finally offered up some.

Now I know to bring my own :) .

We've never had them either. I've always brought my own...prefer to have my own "stuff" rather than some generic 'who knows where it came from' bottles.

Wow... I mean, really.. wow. I gotta say.. that's CHEAP!

My last cruise on the Carnival Holiday (their oldest, smallest, most beat-up ship) had his & her razors, toothpaste, etc.. all in a nice little basket.

Heck, even a Motel 6 gives you more than what RCI seems to give out. Come on, it's the "little details" that make a cruise seem special.

Seriously... wow. This won't ruin my cruise on the FoS, but really, it just makes wonder.. What else are they cheaping out on?

My last cruise on the Carnival Holiday (their oldest, smallest, most beat-up ship) had his & her razors, toothpaste, etc.. all in a nice little basket.

Heck, even a Motel 6 gives you more than what RCI seems to give out. Come on, it's the "little details" that make a cruise seem special.

Seriously... wow. This won't ruin my cruise on the FoS, but really, it just makes wonder.. What else are they cheaping out on?

Todd, that comparison has been made many times.

Yes, even ol' Carnival gives everyone a lovely gift basket of yummy things in the bathroom.

RC does not.

I look at this in just the opposite way. IIRC from my 3 Carnival cruises, they give you sample size items that struck me as a cheap cross-promotion. I seem to recall some kind of watermelon scented shampoo - not really a value-add IMO. So I prefer RCI's approach to Carnival's. But perhaps things have changed on Carnival or maybe my memory is rusty.

Just a different point of view...

I look at this in just the opposite way. IIRC from my 3 Carnival cruises, they give you sample size items that struck me as a cheap cross-promotion. I seem to recall some kind of watermelon scented shampoo - not really a value-add IMO. So I prefer RCI's approach to Carnival's. But perhaps things have changed on Carnival or maybe my memory is rusty.

Just a different point of view...

I understand your view, but, I see it in the same light as the pillow chocolates. No one really LIKES the chocolate, in fact it's horrible, nasty grade of chocolate, but it's the message behind it. "We want you to feel special, and we'll do all we can to take care of you".

Maybe I don't want to smell like watermelon, or shave with anything other than my personal Xcalibre14 razor.. that's not my point. My point is that obviously, RCI has taken a back seat the "Carnival's" of the world when it comes this (very specific, and arguably nit-picky) area. When I see that "stuff", I feel "pampered".

Call me silly :p

Todd, that comparison has been made many times.

Yes, even ol' Carnival gives everyone a lovely gift basket of yummy things in the bathroom.

RC does not.

Had I seen the other threads, I would have chimed in on those too. Thanks for your patience towards me as I attempted to stay on topic within a thread topic that was a new one for me.

RCI does not: Fine, that's the way it is. Gotta accept that, right? I'll still call a spade a spade when I see it :rolleyes:

Archived