Southwest - next dates announced

Merion_Mom

That's the whole point. They no longer NEED to stress "low fare leader". Everyone just ASSUMES they have the lowest price after 25 years of being beaten over the head with the "LOW FARE" advertising.

We can agree to disagree. I just don't know that many people that instinctively assume WN has the lowest fares. I don't suggest that these people don't exist, but I just don't think that WN's core business depends on them to the extent that you seem to.

I can remember flying PSA for MANY, MANY concerts in the Bay area as a poor college student. Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, etc. etc. all for a couple of bucks in lots of Haight dives. Best concert I think I ever saw-New Year's Eve, Cow Palace, 1973, Allman Brothers and Grateful Dead. Greg Allman floated over the crowd in a clear plastic balloon at midnight in a diaper... Those were the days.

I was in high school during the mid-70's. I didn't get to see Janis or Jimmy live, but I can certainly remember the Greatful Dead and their "Wall of Sound".

We can agree to disagree. I just don't know that many people that instinctively assume WN has the lowest fares. I don't suggest that these people don't exist, but I just don't think that WN's core business depends on them to the extent that you seem to.

Just look at all the posts of "when will Southwest open?". They aren't looking elsewhere for travel options -- they are just waiting for the "low fares" on WN to open up so they can fly cheap.

Maybe in your personal life you don't find them in your neighborhood, but they sure exist here.

What time can one begin booking on Nov. 6th?

you should be able to start booking in the morning of the 6th but im not positive ,

to every one else , maybe some of us dont like flying to settle washington to change planes to come back to los angels or other areas.

too many companies have to fly out to denver or phonixe to catch a flight back to ca ,

i personally live in ca ,sac to be exact i dont want to fly to washington, denver or phonixe to fly to los angles so to me south west is the best choice i dont have to go way out of the way to get to my destination. bottom line is every one prefers thier own airline im with south west makes more sense to fly from sAC to lax with out leaving the state

to every one else , maybe some of us dont like flying to settle washington to change planes to come back to los angels or other areas.

too many companies have to fly out to denver or phonixe to catch a flight back to ca ,

i personally live in ca ,sac to be exact i dont want to fly to washington, denver or phonixe to fly to los angles so to me south west is the best choice i dont have to go way out of the way to get to my destination. bottom line is every one prefers thier own airline im with south west makes more sense to fly from sAC to lax with out leaving the state

What?

UA flies nonstop from SMF-LAX.

What time can one begin booking on Nov. 6th?

Keep looking at Southwest.com every hour or two during the day. They are released sometime after 9am central time and usually before 3pm central. There really is no set time, you just have to keep looking throughout the day. Usually someone here on CC will post it as well.

Just look at all the posts of "when will Southwest open?". They aren't looking elsewhere for travel options -- they are just waiting for the "low fares" on WN to open up so they can fly cheap.

Maybe in your personal life you don't find them in your neighborhood, but they sure exist here.

I know the believers exist. I see the posts on this site. I just think that Southwest like other airlines do not depend on this type of passenger for the majority of their revenue. I know I could be wrong on this as it is entirely based on my own experience flying out of SAN and my perception of the passengers on board.

Archived