Need clarification on CURRENT stockholder benefit

I think I may have read somewhere on these boards, that RCL has once again done a switch, and the stockholder benefit IS now again combinable with other onboard credits. Can anyone clarify, and tell me exactly what, if anything, can be combined, such as savings certificates, future cruise onboard purchases, etc?

Wow... this is great information.... does RCCL post this information... anywhere:confused:

Not that I've found. It's like we are all on "double-secret probation". They never posted or announced the sudden change to shareholder benefits, and they never announced their reversal of that decision either - although the language on their investor website was revised both times.:( CC members got the word out:D

Just received this email from RC today.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We have temporarily relaxed the combinability of the Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts as well as the onboard credit for the Next Cruise program. However, for any sailing that is confirmed on or after December 31, 2008, the Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts and Next Cruise program will no longer be combinable with each other. In the event that two offers or benefits are available on a given reservation, you may choose which offer you prefer. Unless advised otherwise, we will presume you wish to have the offer or benefit with the higher value.

Just received this email from RC today.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We have temporarily relaxed the combinability of the Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts as well as the onboard credit for the Next Cruise program. However, for any sailing that is confirmed on or after December 31, 2008, the Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts and Next Cruise program will no longer be combinable with each other. In the event that two offers or benefits are available on a given reservation, you may choose which offer you prefer. Unless advised otherwise, we will presume you wish to have the offer or benefit with the higher value.

Looks like we will be booking a few cruises on our upcoming IOS cruise in December. Now I have to figure out what is meant by "...for any sailing that is confirmed...."

Also the wording above seems to say that The Next Cruise and C&A Balcony benefits are not combinable -- what does that have to do with the Stockholder Benefit?

Anyone able to unmuddle my obviously caffeine deprived mind?:confused:

Kathy

Looks like we will be booking a few cruises on our upcoming IOS cruise in December. Now I have to figure out what is meant by "...for any sailing that is confirmed...."

Also the wording above seems to say that The Next Cruise and C&A Balcony benefits are not combinable -- what does that have to do with the Stockholder Benefit?

Anyone able to unmuddle my obviously caffeine deprived mind?:confused:

Kathy

yes if that statement 'for any sailing that is confirmed' could be clarified it sure would help. I will be on Liberty next week and want to do a couple of bookings. One I know the sailing date and the other I am debating between doing a Next Cruise or just booking a sailing in the future that I might transfer at a later date.

I am thinking that if you have NC to use you need to book something before Dec 31..that is my thought

yes if that statement 'for any sailing that is confirmed' could be clarified it sure would help. I will be on Liberty next week and want to do a couple of bookings. One I know the sailing date and the other I am debating between doing a Next Cruise or just booking a sailing in the future that I might transfer at a later date.

I am thinking that if you have NC to use you need to book something before Dec 31..that is my thought

Emmy, we seem to have the same interpertation of the email. Look forward to hearing from you when you get back in case you get any clarification from the LA on the Liberty.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

Emmy, we seem to have the same interpertation of the email. Look forward to hearing from you when you get back in case you get any clarification from the LA on the Liberty.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks Kathy~

I will report back on my experiences :)

Have a wonderful cruise.

Soon there will be no more interpretation. I have someone at RCCL fill out a chart for me.

:p

OK, we've already got our NextCruise booked for a cruise in October 09, and I'll be sending in our stockholder info next week. The only problem is that we'll turn Platinum on our cruise Dec 27-Jan 4. Does that mean we can't get our Platinum balcony discount for the October cruise because we'll officially turn platinum after Dec 31 so can't apply the discount before that, and it won't be combinable after that?

OK, we've already got our NextCruise booked for a cruise in October 09, and I'll be sending in our stockholder info next week. The only problem is that we'll turn Platinum on our cruise Dec 27-Jan 4. Does that mean we can't get our Platinum balcony discount for the October cruise because we'll officially turn platinum after Dec 31 so can't apply the discount before that, and it won't be combinable after that?

That's a very good question. :)

I wish we had something to book with our Next Cruise before December 31st. So that we could combine everything....but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. We will just have to see how things are when we get back into cruising. :)

I'm totally confused now!!! I know they are allowing shareholder OBC and next cruise OBC until Dec 31st, but now what's this about Platinum/Diamond discounts not being combinable with an OBC in the future?????

I was told that the platinum/diamond discount is completely separate from the OBC's and is combinable. The only thing that is not combinable are the coupons that we get on-line and/or in the mail.

Patty

pbhunt,

I saw shadowtiger's post #7. Why do you think I asked the question.

I asked the question because of the email that was posted. The platinum/diamond discounts are completely separate from OBC's. They're not even the same thing!!! If they stop that, why would people want to reach Platinum or Diamond status with them. I am Diamond and if I can't get a balcony discount, then being Diamond isn't worth anything to me.

In all the discussions I've been in on the boards the only thing that people were so upset about was being able to combine shareholder OBC's with next cruise OBC's and that's been extended until Dec 31st.

This is the first time I'm hearing about the balcony discounts.

Well..shadowtiger posted the emails on the other thread as well.....as I'm sure you have also seen then. :p It appears to be just a new and unpleasant turn of events. We are getting sort of disenchanted with Royal Caribbean anyway. Only one person doesn't make a difference, but for the first time in many years, we're not cruising with Royal Caribbean in 2009. We might see what they have to offer in 2010....and we are only one cruise away from Diamond Plus. :rolleyes:

If RCCL does not allow you to get an OBC for the FCB and Diamond discount what would be the point of even doing a FCB? I know I would not be doing them anymore..seems to me RCCL would lose in that situation based on the number of loyal customers who use this program frequently.

If RCCL does not allow you to get an OBC for the FCB and Diamond discount what would be the point of even doing a FCB? I know I would not be doing them anymore..seems to me RCCL would lose in that situation based on the number of loyal customers who use this program frequently.

Totally agree with you. If RCCL takes away the combinability of the platinum/diamond balcony discounts, there's no reason for any one in that stastus to buy any next cruise certificates, book while onboard or keep their stock!! Well, actually have to keep them for now anyway - they're down to many $$$$'s. If I can only use one offer, looks like the platinum/diamond discount would work best for me but I still don't believe they would do that. Another poster on the Everything Explorer site just posted what they received in the mail and there was no mention of the P/D balcony discounts.

Well, let's hope they don't do it. I think a big problem is that reps are telling people different things and then we have tons of different rumors going around.

Patty

• 1 month later...

I have a future cruise booking, I want to know if I can apply that with a senior rate and get my stock holder benefits. I was told on board the Voyager (last week) that if booked my next cruise before Dec 31st I could use all of the combos........?

I just sent an email to two different stock holder addresses to try and get this cleared up................I will post their reply.

Donna

I believe you CAN combine these benefits....at least until the end of the month. Do it before then and it won't be a problem.

QUESTION: After 1/1/09 If you book a specific cruise (ship and date) while sailing (not using NC, can you get the OBC for booking on board, the balcony discount, AND the shareholder credit (& senior / residency discounts)??

Any know if RCCL has they backed off their end of month deadline for these??

Thanks

Mary

I booked 2 cruises recently for 2010. On the one for 11/20/2010, I used a Next Cruise Certificate. I applied for the Shareholder Benefit and that has been approved. I am still waiting to hear about Shareholder Benefit approval on my trip in January 2010. I just booked it last week while on another Celebrity Cruise, and applied for the benefit 2 days ago.

The website is still saying that combining shareholder benefits with other onboard credits will be discontinued after 12/31.

I booked 2 cruises recently for 2010. On the one for 11/20/2010, I used a Next Cruise Certificate. I applied for the Shareholder Benefit and that has been approved. I am still waiting to hear about Shareholder Benefit approval on my trip in January 2010. I just booked it last week while on another Celebrity Cruise, and applied for the benefit 2 days ago.

The website is still saying that combining shareholder benefits with other onboard credits will be discontinued after 12/31.

Small correction - it will be discontinued on, not after 12/31.

Archived