Which Suites have Neptune access?

TMJplus1

Sorry - search is down, though I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere.

I am toying with the idea of surprising hubby and upgrading to a suite for our Eurodam anniversary cruise next year. But I'm confused as to which suite categories come with Neptune Lounge access. Also, besides the Neptune, what other perks are included with these suites?

Thanks in advance! Suite pictures welcome and encouraged! ;)

Sorry - search is down, though I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere.

I am toying with the idea of surprising hubby and upgrading to a suite for our Eurodam anniversary cruise next year. But I'm confused as to which suite categories come with Neptune Lounge access. Also, besides the Neptune, what other perks are included with these suites?

Thanks in advance! Suite pictures welcome and encouraged! ;)

Penthouse, SA, & SB (if avail).

Free laundry

Priority tender service

Breakfast in the Pinnacle

Fresh fruit daily

Express embarking

You can stay in Neptune or your suite during dembarkation

Hor' Deures provided for in suite parties at any time

Binoculars

Neptune will handle all problems, requests & reservations.

If you want to dine on balcony bring dinner request to Neptune

Menu provided daily (very handy)

--bout all I can remember--

People above are correct Penthouse and deluxe verandah suites SA, SB, SC or just S are the only ones with Neptune access. The minisuites, SS, SY, etc., don't get access to the Neptune although they give you more space and nice amenities.

Suite Perks

All PS, SA, SB and SC categories:

Separate check-in line at embarkation

Personalized stationary

Use of the Neptune Lounge and the concierges

Boutonniere and corsage for the first formal night

Free laundry, free pressing, free dry cleaning

Priority tendering

Priority disembarkation

Free use of binoculars

Free use of a large umbrella

MAYBE a private suite cocktail party in the Neptune Lounge

MAYBE an invitation to a VIP party

Maybe a suite buffet or sit down lunch -- depends on itinerary and HM/Captain

Free bottle of champagne compliments of the HM and captain

Breakfast in the Pinnacle or King’s Room (depends on the ship)

Free DVD use

Personally we switch back and forth between full suites and mini-suites. It really comes down to the itinerary, the length of the cruise, and the cost. No doubt you pay for a full suite, sometimes double what a B category cabin costs. Our decision point is the amount of time in the cabin and on longer, less port intensive cruises, a full suite is a nice option. :)

The 'mistake' we made was to sail in an "S" Suite on Statendam during the first few months she started sailing some 15 (?) years ago. Once we stayed in that Suite (even before they had Neptune Lounges), we have never stayed in any other category but "S" and a very rare "PS".

My first HAL cabin was an S, it was a mistake in the sense that I really, really like the S category now. :) Unfortunately I get a case of "cheaps" once in awhile and when HAL really jumped the cost of S category a couple of years ago I backed off a little.

Thanks for all the replies and info. Not sure a suite is even in our budget, and I'm a bit concerned about the Eurodam suite/service reviews, but it's still a fantasy of mine to stay in one! Since this is our 10th anniversary trip I keep hoping some wealthy relative pops out of the woodwork and offers us an upgrade. ;)

You can always try what I did - book the lowest cabin category that you want (in my case a B on Maasdam) as a guarantee and hope for the best. So far my sailing is selling slowly so fingers crossed on an upgrade to an S. If I don't get one, at least I know I'll be happy in a B cabin even if it doesn't have Neptune access.

The category "A" and "B" (same cabin - different location) on Maasdam are nice cabins. Plenty large enough and comfortable for two people.

We usually stay in the junior suite cabins on RC which are 245-293 sq. feet +balcony. It looks like the A & B cabins on Maasdam might be a little smaller at 293 sq. feet including balcony. I'm not sure how big the balconies are but I'm sure we will have enough space. We usually have plenty of space (except in the bathroom!) on RC.

Archived