Paul Gauguin: LCD TVs? CD players?

vaitape

Gees, sorry! I should know the answers to the above 2 questions don't. Have done some research on this site and somewhere I saw that there were small (perhaps 20") LCD TVs with integrated DVD players and Ipod docking stations but couldn't find anything about CD players.

We were on the PG in 2006 in a Cat C cabin and surely didn't have an LCD TV with DVD player....I think the TV did have an integrated VCR player but can't remember if there was a CD player. We have a collection of great Tahitian CDs and would like to play them....haven't gotten to the Ipod era as yet to the shock of our grandkids LOL!

Any input from recent cruisers would be much apppreciated.

Hi, I can't really answer. I know the other Regent ships have been upgraded to DVD players and flat screen TV's. The DVD player can play CD's, although the sound isn't great.

As far as I know there are no Ipod docks unless you get up into a Penthouse.

And all bets are off with the PG--someone must know the answer who's been there recently. I would like to know, since I'm certainly bringing my Ipod, but not a bunch of CD's. Almost worth going out and buying one of the little portable sets, but no, I'm going to resist.

Here's something simple I did on a previous Regent cruise (before we got a portable travel speakers for our iPod last year): at home before you go, if your home CD or DVD player is hooked up to the same receiver as your VCR, just play your CDs and record them on the VCR. Of course there's no picture (or whatever background image your DVD player outputs -- but you just want the sound. You can record hours of music on a single VHS tape. Then pop the tape in your tape player on the PG, press play, and you have music!

-- Eric

I'm pretty sure the TV's in the room have a DVD player built into them. It might play CD's, didn't take any, didn't try it. There was not a VHS player in our suite, they've gone the way of the Dodo bird and the cassette tape I"m afraid.

Actually we didn't use the DVD at all as we were quite busy most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived