Bird's Eye View of Aruba

SanNic44

I just posted a video that I took flying into Aruba. You'll see the northwest tip of the island then down along the beaches, The Jewel of the Seas and several other ships were in port at Oranjestaad yesterday. It's on my blog. Gives an overview of where you go with watersports and tours. Enjoy.

Cool clip!!

So what beach would you recommend for a few hours? A friend told me to go to the Holiday Inn beach. We're not sun worshippers anymore so a few hrs would be sufficient, then wander around the island in our rental car.

What do you fly? I love flying and have friends who are private pilots.

Lori,

You might want to head to Eagle Beach. Wide expanse of sand, available water sports and chairs and such. I'll have video of that over the coming weeks. I do try to take these videos at times when there are very few people around so as not to bother anyone. Thus, some of the rentals and things may not be seen, but they're there.

My flying is limited to the venerable Cessna 172, hope to upgrade to the 182 next year and then maybe a rating for the Cirrus. We'll see. Smaller the plane, the bigger the fun.

Okay for now.

Never did get my pilots license ... I started with a 150 and then found that I really enjoyed the 172 much more ... great door handles.

How lovely to be in the air over aruba ... there must be an amazing sense of peace. I always loved to fly around nice fluffy clouds ... truly awesome. Jan

Archived