San Juan-Pan Am Pier

Orator

cab is really the only way I can think to get from Old San Juan to the Pan Am Pier. Buses cannot really get into central Old San Juan. Although the Pan Am pier seems so close because it is right across the channel, it would be a VERY long walk to go all the way around the channel.

"The Solstice will be docking at the Pan Am International dock which is NOT in the Old San Juan area. It is a 10-15 minute cab ride. I am not certain how far the beaches are from where the Solstice will be docked.

I spoke to Celebrity and they do not have shuttles into Old San Juan from the ship, everyone will have to take cabs."

Marion

Solstice 11-30-08

I just read this on a Solstice Roll Call.

I just assumed we would be docking in Old San Juan, and I could just get off the ship and walk around. Oh well, it may turn into a stay by the pool and drink day....

Mari

What is the best way to get to Old City from Pan Am Pier?

Thanks

You did not say if you were departing from San Juan, or visiting San Juan? If the former, you will likely be at the Pan Am. As others have said, the only viable option is taxi. It is a quick ride, and not that expensive. As for docking, usually Celebrity docks in town. Check the link in previous post and you can find info on your ship.

Orator,

if you look at the website WRP96 gave you it will show Pier 3. I'm not sure when you are traveling but you can tab on cruise arrive and it will bring up all the months.

Solstice is scheduled for Pier 3 in Old San Juan, not the Pan Am Pier. http://www.continentalshipping.com/Nov2008.htm

wrp96

Can someone tell me where I find out what pier a particular ship will be using in a certain port? Is it on Celebrity's website?

\

No - you will not find the info on Celebrity's web site (although that would be a great idea!). You need to go into the web sites of each of the individual ports you are entering. Most have schedules of cruise ships.

good to hear we'll be docking in town and can just get off. this is my boyfriend's first cruise and first trip to the caribbean. i normally don't get off in san juan but i figured we would for him since this is the first island we come to. all we wanted to do was walk around old san juan and i don't that's worth taking a long cab ride. decent amount of ships in port, hope it isn't extremely crowded.

good to hear we'll be docking in town and can just get off. this is my boyfriend's first cruise and first trip to the caribbean. i normally don't get off in san juan but i figured we would for him since this is the first island we come to. all we wanted to do was walk around old san juan and i don't that's worth taking a long cab ride. decent amount of ships in port, hope it isn't extremely crowded.

Old San Juan is a wonderful town to walking around in. The old fort has a great view and is really fun also. There are alot of really nice places to eat and to shop! This is always a fun port!

Laura

Archived