Live from the Ruby princess....

Julia’s Journey’s

Thanks for the live updates! These are my questions:

1) After all the complaints that people have made about the Princess mattresses, do they appear/feel to be different than other ships?

2) Please let us know which nights are the formal nights, theme nights, casual nights etc. This will help plan when it wold be best to try and make reservations in the specialty restaurants upon boarding.

3) If you can, it would be great to see copies of the Patters and the restaurants menu(s).

4) What is the charge for Wifi if you use your own computer?

Thanks and have a great trip!

Julia.... Good to hear you are enjoying the ship...:) .... if you have chance and you can make it onto the Bridge deck while in port is there any chance you could take a pic of the outside balcony of Lido L106? which is almost level with the top of the Bridge deck....:D

thanks in anticipation.

If you click on our cruise picture link below, you can look at our Caribbean Princess and Emerald Princess albums and get a good idea of what the L106 area looks like. We had room L104 on both of those sailings. The balcony for L106 is fairly large and runs along side the bow of the ship. You will be on top of the bridge and have access to the front of the ship through a door that is open only while in port due to high winds. You may have some pretty hefty winds on your balcony as well. Hope this helps.

rubybedroom.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=58095766.blog&csp=Travel

Here is a picture of the new rooms :) If you check out this link you will find a great overview of the ship. Lori

Thank you....I had no idea that anyone would think that I was being serious. (Guess I can sleep well tonight).

Don't think so. Mini=suites don't get any special perks outside of a welcome "glass of champagne" served by your room steward.

Sabatini's Breakfast for Suite Passengers -

Suite passengers aboard Ruby Princess will have the opportunity to enjoy an exclusive breakfast in Sabatini's. Beginning with a "Good Morning Mimosa," the menu features a variety of breakfast favorites, plus specialty items such as brioche French toast with apple & cinnamon compote, yogurt and super granola parfait with raspberry swirl, soft-poached egg over potato & vegetables with hollandaise sauce, and freshly made Belgian waffles. Suite passengers can enjoy this new amenity, along with the restaurant's dramatic top-of-ship views, from approximately 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.

Julia.... Good to hear you are enjoying the ship...:) .... if you have chance and you can make it onto the Bridge deck while in port is there any chance you could take a pic of the outside balcony of Lido L106? which is almost level with the top of the Bridge deck....:D

thanks in anticipation.

Will do that today as we are in Coz :D

Thanks very much for the live reports.....but I have to tell you that I will not be able to sleep tonight unless I find out the colour of the bed spreads

Bedspreads...bedspreads well I ran back to the cabin to look yesterday (actually Aubrey wanted to find his book, he put the TV on and that put paid to the afternoon.....we both fell asleep and OMGosh slept thru the CC meet and greet - he is not allowed back in the cabin during the day now:D:D) Did I laugh - there is only 1/4 of a bedspread:p it is patterned in light blues but only big enough for 1/4 of the bed:D:D

I will take pics today:D

Hi Julia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woohoo I am soo excited for you:D did you get a little inaugural gift???

Keep those posts coming!

Jane

Nope nothing as yet - didn't even get all my OBC:D:D

Been organising and reorganising our group Crown grill dinner - remind me not to try organise groups again:D

Haven't seen Donna since sailaway to send your regards.

Lynda sends her's to all of you.

Haven't met our cabin sterwart yet but Aubrey has - not sure where I have been - left dinner early last night as I had a migraine so Aub and Lynda got to enjoy:D

Thanks for the live updates! These are my questions:

1) After all the complaints that people have made about the Princess mattresses, do they appear/feel to be different than other ships?

2) Please let us know which nights are the formal nights, theme nights, casual nights etc. This will help plan when it wold be best to try and make reservations in the specialty restaurants upon boarding.

3) If you can, it would be great to see copies of the Patters and the restaurants menu(s).

4) What is the charge for Wifi if you use your own computer?

Thanks and have a great trip!

The mattresses feel great, a little hard for me but they are new still:D

Last night was formal and Thursday is Formal - not sure about themed nights.

I will bring the patters home not sure about the menu's.

Wifi is the same charge 75c a minute or you can buy the packages.

Lynda is using the wifi and enjoying it. I didn't bring my laptop this time.

Archived