Live from the Ruby princess....

Julia’s Journey’s

We boarded yesterday after a great stay in FLL and an early wake up call by the fire alarm - nothing serious just made for a long day.

Embarkation moved quick but the lines were long - we arrived later than we normally do as we met up with a friend prior to going to the port.

Service so far has been great, we had dinner in the anytime dining room last night Da Vinci had a 30 minute wait for a table to share so we went to Michelangelo and there was no wait.

Will update more later and ask away if you have any questions :)

Looking foward to reading your posts. Thanks in advance!

Just wondering if the bedspreads are the same green ones that I've seen on CB and Grand? Am on the Crown at New Years after her drydock and wondering if they might be changing out/updating those.

itdjbw

Can you let us know what kind of food they're serving in the Wheelhouse.

Also, how's the lemonade in the Horizon Court?

What's nominal fee for the domestic and imported artisan cheeses?

Not sure if your staying in a suite, just wondering about Sabatini's Breakfast for Suite Passengers.

We boarded yesterday after a great stay in FLL and an early wake up call by the fire alarm - nothing serious just made for a long day.

Embarkation moved quick but the lines were long - we arrived later than we normally do as we met up with a friend prior to going to the port.

Service so far has been great, we had dinner in the anytime dining room last night Da Vinci had a 30 minute wait for a table to share so we went to Michelangelo and there was no wait.

Will update more later and ask away if you have any questions :)

Hi Julia

Thanks for the update.

We are on the Ruby at the end of January 09 and are so looking forward to it. (Our First Cruise).

Would really appreciate more information on the Ultimate Ships Tour

(I.E. Where, when and how do you sign up for it?, What Day is it?)

I know it is pricey, but the engineer in me really would love to see what I can about how things work behind the scenes.

Thanks for any information you can give

John

Looking foward to reading your posts. Thanks in advance!

Just wondering if the bedspreads are the same green ones that I've seen on CB and Grand? Am on the Crown at New Years after her drydock and wondering if they might be changing out/updating those.

Didn't take much notice of the color but will check when I get back to the cabin.

itdjbw

Can you let us know what kind of food they're serving in the Wheelhouse.

Also, how's the lemonade in the Horizon Court?

What's nominal fee for the domestic and imported artisan cheeses?

Not sure if your staying in a suite, just wondering about Sabatini's Breakfast for Suite Passengers.

We had lunch there with Lynda today - they have fish and chips which was good. Sheppard's Pie, bangers and mash and a ploughmans lunch.

It was good and quick and busy but not crowded. They had live music too.

Haven't tried the lemonade yet but will :D

Last night they were offering the chesse plate for $4.50.

Nope we are not in a suite but will let you know if I hear anything about it:)

Hi Julia

Thanks for the update.

We are on the Ruby at the end of January 09 and are so looking forward to it. (Our First Cruise).

Would really appreciate more information on the Ultimate Ships Tour

(I.E. Where, when and how do you sign up for it?, What Day is it?)

I know it is pricey, but the engineer in me really would love to see what I can about how things work behind the scenes.

Thanks for any information you can give

John

Lynda called to book it yesterday as she was onboard early and it was full already :confused: apparently the folks on the 2 day could book it for this week.

She tried to book it for next week but was told only on Saturday else it would be unfair for the folks boarding next week :confused::mad:

If Aubrey does get to do it next week I will post about it here

Julia.... Good to hear you are enjoying the ship...:) .... if you have chance and you can make it onto the Bridge deck while in port is there any chance you could take a pic of the outside balcony of Lido L106? which is almost level with the top of the Bridge deck....:D

thanks in anticipation.

Thanks for the live posts!! We are going in 3 weeks, so we are very excited and want to read anything and everything we can! I hope you are taking pictures so we can see those when you get back.

About the ship tour, is that booked at the Pursers Desk or the Excursion Desk??? Or who do you call???

Thanks again!!

Thanks very much for the live reports.....but I have to tell you that I will not be able to sleep tonight unless I find out the colour of the bed spreads:)

LOL....pretty funny. They're probably the same old yucky blue/green, which I make the steward take away the first day, never to be seen again.

LOL....pretty funny. They're probably the same old yucky blue/green, which I make the steward take away the first day, never to be seen again.

Are you expecting Ruby Red? :eek:..;)

I kinda like the color scheme.

Has a Caribbean flare to it and pleasing to the eye.

Pam ... i believe that only 12 people per cruise will be allowed to book! and at $150 is a bit over the top.....:eek:

Dave and Kerry... Yes I know how much the cost is and I know that only 12 people per cruise will be allowed. I also know this is something my husband would truly love. IF I can swing it.... I would love to surprise him with the tour!!

Thanks very much for the live reports.....but I have to tell you that I will not be able to sleep tonight unless I find out the colour of the bed spreads:)

rubybedroom.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=58095766.blog&csp=Travel

Here is a picture of the new rooms :) If you check out this link you will find a great overview of the ship. Lori

Archived