Are You a Glass is Half Full or Are You a Half Empty Person?

TEXASMUNK

Reading the never ending commentary about the alcohol policy, the steak controversy, the new smoking rules, the size of ships, the new ad campaign....etc,etc,etc.

Are you a half full or half empty kinda person?

We find outselves preferring some things change, somethings not change and enjoy some of the new innovations....But it seems so many folks just want to whine about things, if sometimes is hard to find anyone happy that they can even afford to cruise!!!!

I'm definately a glass 1/2 full person. I spent so many years taking care of sick parents, I do realize that we have to enjoy every day of our lives.

I'll state my opinion, because in this country we can, but I don't chastise others if they disagree with me. Life's too short for arguments. :D

I am a half full person, like to find the good in people and cruiselines. LOL We just were on the transatlantic crossing of the Jewel in Sept and it was wonderful. Service cuts....nope everyone was helpful, smiling and couldn't do enough. Food issues,...nope, excellent in just about all categories , and no pay steak. New smoking rules have been in effect since last Jan, not new and this was my first cruise smoke free. The smoke in the disco was terrible and we left but that was the only time it got to me. We just found other things to do.

certainly half full...why ruin a good vacation b/c there is a steak with a surcharge on the menu or b/c there re ships the size of small cities (when you can simply select another ship to cruise on). Cruising is still by far my favorite vacation and easily the most valueble

CONGRATULATIONS Sue, on quitting the ciggies. :D

It's been about 15 years for me. I'm like you, and most people. I don't care about the smoking rules, the smuggling alcohol rules, the dress code, etc. When I get on a ship (or land based vacation) I just want to have fun. :D

Reading the never ending commentary about the alcohol policy, the steak controversy, the new smoking rules, the size of ships, the new ad campaign....etc,etc,etc.

We find outselves preferring some things change, somethings not change and enjoy some of the new innovations....But it seems so many folks just want to whine about things, if sometimes is hard to find anyone happy that they can even afford to cruise!!!!

Some of us are calling a spade a spade. If quality is going downhill, this is just the place to make mention of it.

The onboard quality drops and policy changes are not unlike having one's neighborhood go downhill (instead of enjoying a renaissance). Most people aren't ready to let go of the cruise line they call home, but some of the changes over the past several years have not been for the better, and it hurts in the form of great disappointment.

Leslie

Que sera sera......

I don't know if my glass is half full or half empty..... do I need professional advice?

I do know if I'm bothered by something I will do something about it but I won't let anything or anyone spoil a holiday I have had to work so hard to have. I will mention it and openly discuss it but I'm (generally) over it. I certainly value everyone's opinions and don't believe I've ever 'flamed' anyone. In fact I value the conversation, being different is what makes this world an interesting place.

They haven't got a smiley with the zipped up mouth that they have on msn.....

I am absolutely a half full glass person, and that glass has lemonade in it from the lemons life gives me.....:D

I live by making the best of any and everything, and I adjust to whatever comes my way.

I'm just happy to be on a ship somewhere a few times a year!

"The glass is half full."

"The glass is half empty."

"The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

"The glass is full; half with water, half with air."

"The glass contains some water; I want a Coke!"

"The water is surrounded by a glass."

"The glass was half...something a minute ago. Now it's empty. [burp]"

The optimist thinks the glass is half full.

The pessimist thinks it's half empty.

The Cubs fan looks at the glass and wonders when it's going to tip over and spill.

I'm absolutely a glass-is-half-full, positive thinker. BUT ... that doesn't mean I'm a pushover. If the service is horrible or I don't get what I've paid for, then I'll do what I can to get it resolved. Whining drives me nuts, and there are people on every message board who moan and groan about everything. :(

Half full! However, I do get irritated by those who make negative comments on this board when they really aren't related to the topic or warranted. (Like telling me to go cruise another line because I said I wished RCCL had laundry facilities!) :eek:

Not sure what having opinions on alcohol or steak or smoking, etc has to do with being a half-full or half-empty person.....:confused:

I can be aware - and unhappy - with RCI's policies on the above and still be a half-full person. I can know that there are plenty of crusing options out there - as well as plenty of other vacation options - to explore and enjoy if RCI ceases to be the vacation experience it once was. ;):D

Life is good and quite full thank you very much! ;)

I don't know what glassware-related metaphor I am, all I know is that when I'm on vacation I'm there to have fun and it'll take something pretty blatantly awful from another cruiser to rain on my parade. Let people smuggle, let them wear jeans in the dining room...I'm not letting it bother me.

On our last cruise, one of our tablemates wore jeans to dinner every night. We had a great time talking with him every night and even did some excursions with him and his family. I kept chuckling about how some CC posters probably would have sneered at him with distain all week for 'ruining their dining experience' and running back home to post about what a pig he was, lol.

I don't know what glassware-related metaphor I am, all I know is that when I'm on vacation I'm there to have fun and it'll take something pretty blatantly awful from another cruiser to rain on my parade. Let people smuggle, let them wear jeans in the dining room...I'm not letting it bother me.

On our last cruise, one of our tablemates wore jeans to dinner every night. We had a great time talking with him every night and even did some excursions with him and his family. I kept chuckling about how some CC posters probably would have sneered at him with distain all week for 'ruining their dining experience' and running back home to post about what a pig he was, lol.

You were thinking about CC when you were on vacation?!?!? :eek: The last thing I think about on vacation is the computer and on-line web sites! :D I believe that thinking mean things about fellow CC members while you are on a cruise would automatically put you in the half-empty catagory....

I figure that once I am on a Cruise my Glass is FULL. Still better than work, winter, cooking, dishes, laundry, etc. so it is all the way FULL:-) Just need to roll with the punches and not let the little things bother you or it can snowball into that half-empty attitude.

Archived