Questions: Mariner of the Seas to Mexico

mikjr

It is 7 day and I am on that cruise!!! Can't wait. When I booked it I didn't realize it will be the Mariner's first time to the Mexican Rivera.

It will be my first RCCL cruise............:)

Come visit our Roll Call for Feb 22.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=568028

Was on the Mariner last Jan...my first RCCl cruise. She is a wonderful ship.

Laura

She leaves Florida on January 4 and sails into Los Angeles Harbor on February 19.

There will then be a one night and a two night "pre-inaugural" cruise, and then she begins regular 7 night cruises on February 22.

:)

I would still love to be on one of those sailings! :o

Hello... a couple of quick questions. I tried the search, but CC search is down again.

We haven't cruised RC in a while... we've been on Princess, X, and HAL.

We are interested in taking the family on a 7 day to Mexico on the Mariner, and wanted to get a feel from those of you who might have taken this trip on the Mariner. thoughts on the ship would be welcomed.

There will be five adults. What is the MAX number of people in the large suite??

thanks

We are also taking a family cruise on the Mariner's Mexican Riviera itinerary; ours is in April 2010.

We took this Mexican cruise last December and really enjoyed it. Relaxing, and the ports are nice. When we go back in 2010 I'm booking the wine country tour. It's been getting some very favorable reviews on the Mexico board.

We've been on the Explorer, and I think sailing on the Mariner is going to make this cruise extra special. We are really looking forward to it, and so is the one member of our family that knows about it. The rest of the family are getting surprised for Christmas next year!

We are so excited about the Mariner of the Seas coming to Southern California. Although we have never been on the Mariner, we absolutely love the Voyager Class.

We have done the MR cruise on the Vison of the Seas and loved the ship and the itinerary. The Mariner will make it all that much better.

And now, we find we will be seeing the Radiance of the Seas here doing a few 10, 11 and 12 day cruises to the MR along with 5 day cruises. After this, life in Southern California can't get any better.

Hi Rick,

I just checked my confirmation for the Mariner's inaugural cruise from San Pedro to Mexico, and it still says 7 nights! Departs February 22, 2009.

LL

LL

It won't be the first time that I'm wrong!! I was going off of something that I was told when we were on the Monarch.

If I said it came from the LA..........well........that is where I heard it!!

Thanks for the correction.

Rick

She leaves Florida on January 4 and sails into Los Angeles Harbor on February 19.

There will then be a one night and a two night "pre-inaugural" cruise, and then she begins regular 7 night cruises on February 22.

:)

Will you be "extending" your stay on the Mariner for one or both of those "pre-inaugural" cruises? ;)

For 5 adults I would absolutely book the Royal Family Suite. It was so convenient to have the seperate bedrooms with seperate bathrooms, and yet still have everyone together. The aft balcony alone is larger than most regular cabins. It was like an extra room where we could relax or eat. Plus you get concierge services. We loved it and thought it was worth every penny! We had stateroom #9394 on the Mariner. You will love this ship!

LL

It won't be the first time that I'm wrong!! I was going off of something that I was told when we were on the Monarch.

If I said it came from the LA..........well........that is where I heard it!!

Thanks for the correction.

Rick

Being from the east coast I have been doing alot of research and San Pedro is where the Port of Los Angeles is located.We are on the June 7 cruise

Did I hear Mariner and inside room?...just my 2 cents after leaving her sister ship NOTS 2 weeks ago. It was our first time on a Voyager class ship........the ship is beautiful and by all means if the inside room fits your budget...go for it............

But on this class of ship going to the Mexican Rivera I would never book anything under a balcony.

Why? 1.... often the sea days on this itinerary can be rough and windy and 2...because it it nice to have quick access to fresh air and a view of the h20.. Yes, you can get peeks of the ocean here and there but access to the outside or a view of the outside is hard to come by on many decks of the ship. I hardly felt like I was on a ship at all even with a balcony cabin. JMHO.

Enjoy........

Archived