Romance package reservation

queenbee2

We are thinking of ordering the package with dinner at Le Bistro. How does one then make those reservations. Do we wait until on board and then reserve. We have heard it can be chaoitic making reservations- but maybe that is from those "crabby" travelers....

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

You will make the reservation on board. When you arrive in your cabin there will be a letter explaing the package. Take that letter with you when you make your reservation for Le Bistro.

Also, make sure you bring your email confirmation with you on the cruise just in case.

How much does that restraunt cost without the package, per person? I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it because we don't drink alcohol and that seems to be part of every package. It looks like they could come up with one without. Do they really think you have to drink to have a good time? It seems non-drinkers are discriminated against.

How much does that restraunt cost without the package, per person? I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it because we don't drink alcohol and that seems to be part of every package. It looks like they could come up with one without. Do they really think you have to drink to have a good time? It seems non-drinkers are discriminated against.

Le Bistro is $15 per person plus another $24 to $30 for the bottle of wine that comes with the dinner. You'll also receive a cake, predinner munchies one night, and some chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in your cabin when you board. There's also a anniversary/honeymoon party where you get a picture.

It's a good value overall.

You sound angry. Maybe you need a drink? :o:p

(donning flame retardant suit)

I don't need a drink to exist like others.

Sounds like you are the one being discriminatory then.........

No need to try and degrade an entire group of people based upon some self-imposed moral sense of superiority you may think you posess.

You'd be best served to simply say you don'tlike to drink instead of constantly slipping in snide comments debasing those who do. Wouldn't want to get ugly now, would we? ;)

And for the original question, there are alcohol-free options for the drinks. The deal is probably not as good, but the little thoughtful touches make it nice IMO, alcohol or not.

I have heard, they are more than happy to substitute sparking juice for you should you choose to do so. Many people enjoy a non-alcohol vacation.

This package does spell out "Sparkling wine at embarkation", AND "A bottle of wine at dinner at Le Bistro", AND "Champagne and Cake party" so I guess you are looking at a package that has three alcohol items included. I don't know if you substitute the sparkling juice in place of the wine/champagne if the "value" dollar wise would work out. Yes, it would seem this particular package is for those that enjoy alcohol. maybe you could put together your own package from individual items? It may not save any money but it would be custom designed for your tastes and preferences. I would give them a call and see what they can come up with.

Let us know if you do.

Have a great cruise.

Jan

I think if you don't drink you should just make reservations once on board to whatever restruant you would like to go to. I also noticed you can get the chocolate covered straweberries for $9ish delivered to your room.(Look at the Bon Voyage gifts. Definetly if you do not want the wine it would not be a good deal for you.

I just called them, they said NO SUBSTITIONS. I guess they figure the more you drink, the more you spend. They really thought that one out. Like you said, I'll have to create my own, since they won't budge, not that I expected them to. Why offer packages, if it only caters to certain groups?

I just called them, they said NO SUBSTITIONS. I guess they figure the more you drink, the more you spend. They really thought that one out. Like you said, I'll have to create my own, since they won't budge, not that I expected them to. Why offer packages, if it only caters to certain groups?

certain groups? what does that mean ? if the package doesnt fit you then move on.

There is no sleazy motive to try to get you to drink more, or anything like that. The promotion includes booze at a discount along with dinner and cake. If you do not drink, then this is NOT a good package for you. Dinner is maybe $15 each? I forget. The cake is not a big deal, many people skip it.

This package caters to those that normally drink wine. Not sure what the issue is?

They also offer photo packages onboard. We never buy them, so are we being treated unfairly? They offer Spa packages, but we do not take them, are we then being treated unfairly? They offer soda cards, but we only drink a few sodas during a cruise. Are we being treated unfairly?

I just called them, they said NO SUBSTITIONS. I guess they figure the more you drink, the more you spend. They really thought that one out.

When we were ordering our package we were asked if we wanted the non-alcoholic version. Maybe the person you spoke to was not in the right department? When you call and start the process of buying, make sure you mention that. The agent said that there are many people who do not care for the alcohol. They will work with you, if all you want to substitute is alcohol.

When we were ordering our package we were asked if we wanted the non-alcoholic version. Maybe the person you spoke to was not in the right department? When you call and start the process of buying, make sure you mention that. The agent said that there are many people who do not care for the alcohol. They will work with you, if all you want to substitute is alcohol.

That's what happened when I ordered too, that's why I mentioned you could substitute the sparkling juice, but I do not think the package would then have the same value as when it has the alcohol. Unless its a rare vintage sparkling juice that is:p

It's just a nice thing to do!

Jan

I just wanted to buy a package with the Bistro and spa treatments and get a deal, but they all include several bottles of wine. I guess I could give them to a cruise neighbor!

The Romance Package does not include several bottles of wine. It includes one bottle of "sparkling wine" at embarkation (you can choose a non-alcoholic version) with strawberries, afternoon tea one day as well as two massages, a manicure and a pedicure. It has everything you seem to want except for the Le Bistro cover charge, just buy that on your own ($15.00 per person).

Archived