Why are GTY cabins only doubles?

is offered on the cabins that are not selling as well as others. A triple is coveted by folks so they go very quickly. Logically, why discount something that will sell at the asking price?

As for singles, they are getting the dbl occupany dollar so again, why discount something that will bring a higher net dollar?

I was looking for a Triple GTY but it appears they don't do them and also they don't do Single GTY cabins :confused:

Can someone please tell me why it is that you can only get a double GTY?

Think about it. :rolleyes: It makes perfect sense (or cents :D)...... GTY's are never available unless a particular catagory or ship is not selling out. So if they are going to offer a discount to move cabins they want to make sure that they do not sell out of the 3/4 cabin rooms because tomorrow a full (non-GTY) passenger may come along who wants a 3/4 cabin. A double that comes along later can book in any cabin. But a 3/4 booking cannot book into a double.

If they are offering a guarantee for 2 people, you can call and get booked into it as a single, even if it isn't available on the website (sometimes they do offer single guarantees on the website, but it is not common). It can take a little effort on the CSRs part but it is doable.

As to the not offering guarantees for 3 or more people, think about it this way. You can fit 2 people into every cabin but you can't fit 3 or more people in every cabin. If the only cabins that are left are for 2 people, then they are having to do a lot more shifting around to find cabins for those groups of 3 or more people, so usually they just don't offer them for more than 2 people. A couple of times in the last few months, people have reported being able to get a guarantee with more than 2 people. In one case it was a suite guarantee. In the other, it was a mistake on the website but RCCL honored it.

Sometimes you can book a GTY for one person, it has to be done on the phone, not online, makes sense as normally the singles pay 200% of the fare so they are still getting their money

Thats what I thought also...but according to my agent she says no :confused:

I have a D1 booked at the moment for 3 of us...but sharing with my son(19) and his GF is making me think...maybe not the way to go:o

So then I thought book a DBL GTY & a SINGLE GTY but agent says I cant book a single. The other problem being as Alex and GF are under 21 at cruise time they cant have a GTY although my agent made error and said I could :confused:

The thought behind a Triple GTY was that if I booked a suite GTY then maybe at least I would get a wee bittie privacy.

Sorry if I have confused anyone...I have confused myself trying to do this to keep everyone happy and not expensive.

All I wanted was a cheap cruise to introduce Alex's GF to cruising

What about when they finally assign you a room! I was an X-GTY for the December 19th Sailing of the JOS and the room assignment is in my opinion is just ok! It's on the seventh deck with a balcony but my other room was a guarnteed room on the deck eight!

Do I dare try and change the room or just accept what I was assigned.

(reason for going with the GTY was later booking and rates had gone up)

Thats what I thought also...but according to my agent she says no :confused:

I have a D1 booked at the moment for 3 of us...but sharing with my son(19) and his GF is making me think...maybe not the way to go:o

So then I thought book a DBL GTY & a SINGLE GTY but agent says I cant book a single. The other problem being as Alex and GF are under 21 at cruise time they cant have a GTY although my agent made error and said I could :confused:

The thought behind a Triple GTY was that if I booked a suite GTY then maybe at least I would get a wee bittie privacy.

Sorry if I have confused anyone...I have confused myself trying to do this to keep everyone happy and not expensive.

All I wanted was a cheap cruise to introduce Alex's GF to cruising

Let DS introduce his GF to cruising himself. That would solve all your problems...... :p

Elizanessie, your agent just doesn't want to do the work to book the single guarantee. I absolutely know it can be done as I have booked single guarantees in the past - it just takes some extra work on the part of the booking agent.

Sharing a cabin with a son and his g/f can be very entertaining! I took my 22-yo and his g/f with me in a "large" interior cabin on the Vision about a year ago. I don't think I've ever seen her jump so fast, high, or far, as she did when I opened the cabin door that first afternoon... :eek:

I think you'd have to go quite a ways up the food chain for cabins to find one that would give you the privacy of a separate bedroom. Like the Royal Suite.

Elizanessie, your agent just doesn't want to do the work to book the single guarantee. I absolutely know it can be done as I have booked single guarantees in the past - it just takes some extra work on the part of the booking agent.

Thanks Wrona ..I sent email off and guess what ...my agent is off now till next week...oh well guess I will contact her boss instead :D

I really do think 2 cabins will be best, thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I only booked a D1 Triple as I thought the curtain went all the way over between the beds...since found out it only goes about 3 ft :eek:

TW...sadly as they are both under 21 I need to go with them...darn it :D

It depends on which cruise you are going on- the short one we are doing in December on Navigator you can get a single GTY and double GTY in any of the cabin catogeries.

You can get a triple GTY, or quad gty if you look at the suites for that sailing. Though they have the gty listed at $100,098.00 pp unless you put in the senior 55+ which it goes down to $499, so I think there is something screwy with the computer system.

I priced it out mutliple ways as the MIL liked the price of the cruise and wanted a short getaway. We ended up with two rooms vs doing the suite GTY.

All of these are online

I got a quad and triple gty balcony cabin (super cheap) for our upcoming cruise. Each time I called, the reps didnt believe me and said they dont offer trip and quad GTYs but I showed them and they did it :D

Ah you are the person who posted before about this...heck I knew I had seen this somewhere...when I asked my agent she said NO. Thank you for posting here today...now I know I am haven't lost the plot completely today :D

Oh I just remembered...its the Navigator you got yours on ..thats what we are doing. Please if you dont mind could you let me know after your cruise what cabins you got.:)

Archived