Never had a suite before - thanks HAL and UGF

Roboat

I just found out the Upgrade Fairy was extremely kind to us for our Westerdam cruise leaving in 3 days. :) We were assigned an SA suite. Reading the HAL perk list, I had some questions for the suite cruisers.

• Hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request.

Is this room service or dining room?

• Priority dining and seating requests

We have AYWD, which is fine. Does this perk benefit us?

• Exclusive daily breakfast service for suite guests only

Is this a special room service menu? Or what?

• Neptune Lounge

The blurb mentions refreshments. I presume that means sodas, crackers, etc. Are there other special refreshments?

My answers are in red below....

• Hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request.

Is this room service or dining room? This is in your cabin.. the concierge can set this up for you. We had hot hors d'oeuvres delivered to our cabin each evening before dinner to enjoy.

• Priority dining and seating requests

We have AYWD, which is fine. Does this perk benefit us? Not sure

• Exclusive daily breakfast service for suite guests only

Is this a special room service menu? Or what? This is in the Pinnacle Grill... same menu as the dining room, but more attentive service.

• Neptune Lounge - Concierge at your service... it is a special room for SA, SB, SC, and PS cabins. They have goodies and coffee and help with everything. Coffee, juices, cappucinos, lattes, snacks, cereal, cookies, etc. Pretty good spread several times a day.

The blurb mentions refreshments. I presume that means sodas, crackers, etc. Are there other special refreshments?

[*]Priority dining and seating requests

We have AYWD, which is fine. Does this perk benefit us?

[/color]

Congratulations on your upgrade!

I have read that if you have AYWD, the concierge might (and has according to other posters) been able to get them specific times and tables (beyond what might be available to everyone else). :)

We were surprised how much we used the concierge service and the NL. You're going to be spoiled!!! :)

AYWD - unless you want to switch to fixed, the perk is not helpful. It means that your fixed time request will be honored.

Congrats on your upgrade; you'll love it!

Ken

I would take the following:

Priority dining and seating requests

to mean that if I request a table for two at 7:30, that request would get priority and probably be honored. But that is just me.

I have requested a change to traditional dining on our upcoming cruise. I only recently realised this was a perk. Hopefully my request will be granted.

Be sure to take advantage of priority boarding and tendering. The Neptune Lounge is also wonderful.

Kim

The breakfast is in the Pinnacle. You will enjoy this. The suite luncheon is also there.

In the afternoon there are cold appetizers, lox, wrap sandwiches, etc. Hot appetizers from room service can be ordered at the desk in the NL. As DMorris said the food starts early in the morning and continues throughout the day. The waiters are from the Pinnacle. The only problems that I had were that the hot chocolate was powdered and they ran out of the chocolate croissants within a half hour. Yeah I know, picky, picky, picky.

For fixed dining, if you get a table at the back by the windows, be forewarned that these take the longest to get served. They are the furthest from the kitchen. Our waiters did have 3 tables, though.

DVD's can be rented no charge.

The size of the balcony is awesome. 2 loungers AND table and chairs.

Enjoy the free laundry service.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Congratulations on the the upgarde!!

Notice that you mentioned sodas -- they are NOT free anywhere.

On the Westerdam -- SA suites have 2 chairs and 2 ottomans with a small cocktail table between them plus a table with 4 chairs. We usually stack 2 of the chairs in a corner so that we can use the table more easily.

Notice that you mentioned sodas -- they are NOT free anywhere.

I didn't realize that. RC offered a cocktail time from 5:00 until 8:30 in their concierge lounge (I assume it's similar to HAL's Neptune) with complimentary sodas, wine, champagne, beer, and mixed drinks. I thought that I had read HAL offered something similar but maybe I just made an assumption. I should know better.

I didn't realize that. RC offered a cocktail time from 5:00 until 8:30 in their concierge lounge (I assume it's similar to HAL's Neptune) with complimentary sodas, wine, champagne, beer, and mixed drinks. I thought that I had read HAL offered something similar but maybe I just made an assumption. I should know better.

The only time there are complimentary alcoholic beverages or soda in Neptune Lounge is when they run a Suite Cocktail Party.

Juice, iced tea, coffee, espresso, capuccino, hot chocolate are available for no extra charge.

Oh wait, more questions, please.

About this alleged Neptune Lounge: ;) I don't see it on the HAL Westerdam deck plans. If in fact it does exist, where the heck is it?? I found a post claiming it was on the Rotterdam deck 7, but it seems to have gone missing.

And .. I read the Neptune Lounge has wi-fi. The charge for internet use still applies, I presume. Right?

And my heart has re-started.....

I just saw that CVC went belly-up. Well, guess who I booked thru? I just called HAL and was assured that all is well. (Of course, the guy who told me this might be the same one who invented the mythical Neptune Lounge.) ;)

About this alleged Neptune Lounge: ;) I don't see it on the HAL Westerdam deck plans. If in fact it does exist, where the heck is it?? I found a post claiming it was on the Rotterdam deck 7, but it seems to have gone missing.

And .. I read the Neptune Lounge has wi-fi. The charge for internet use still applies, I presume. Right?

I just saw that CVC went belly-up. Well, guess who I booked thru? I just called HAL and was assured that all is well. (Of course, the guy who told me this might be the same one who invented the mythical Neptune Lounge.) ;)

The Neptune Lounge is on the Rotterdam Deck, kinda mid ship in the middle... I just checked the deck plan and it is there.

The Neptune Lounge for Vista Class ships is located on Rotterdam Deck. It is inside..... no windows.

There is no complimentary wi-fi.

You can buy an internet package or pay by the minute.

100 minutes for $55 plus one time start up charge of $3.95.

250 minutes for $100 plus same start up charge.

I just pulled out a deck plan to give you specific location of Neptune Lounge.

Rotterdam Deck

Opposite Cabins # SA 7056, 7058, 7060.

Nothing 'alleged' or 'mythical' about it. ;)

Did you think we all imagined it? :D

I just found out the Upgrade Fairy was extremely kind to us for our Westerdam cruise leaving in 3 days. :) We were assigned an SA suite.

just curious, what were you upgraded from. Congrats to you, you will love all the perks and the big room. I can't wait to be in mine in just a couple of weeks.

I just pulled out a deck plan to give you specific location of Neptune Lounge.

Rotterdam Deck

Opposite Cabins # SA 7056, 7058, 7060.

Nothing 'alleged' or 'mythical' about it. ;)

Did you think we all imagined it? :D

OK, this is embarrassing. I need to learn to read or get better glasses.

Thank you folks for taking the time to help me.

AYWD - unless you want to switch to fixed, the perk is not helpful. It means that your fixed time request will be honored.

I would imagine that if there weren't a lot of passengers in AYWD requesting it (especially other suite holders) that you could probably snag one of those coveted tables for two for the whole cruise if you wanted it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

just curious, what were you upgraded from. Congrats to you, you will love all the perks and the big room. I can't wait to be in mine in just a couple of weeks.

I started with a Veranda, assigned cabin, which is what we have always booked. Then upgraded to SZ Guar about a month ago.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise!

Archived