Crystallized Ginger, Luggage

missymac

Is crystallized ginger as good as taking it in pill form for seasickness? I bought some at the health food store (DH hates pills) but don't know the effectiveness.

Thinking about getting a new set of luggage.. any brand recommendations?

My DW has tried both crystallized and pill form. Crystallized for her did not work, but the pill form works every time ... and quickly. She hasn't tried the gum because the pills work so she feels no need to try the gum. When caught by surprise, she has a cup of ginger tea and takes the pills and that settles her down pretty quickly.

Try each beforehand if you also get car sick to see which works best for you before you go on the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Is crystallized ginger as good as taking it in pill form for seasickness? I bought some at the health food store (DH hates pills) but don't know the effectiveness.

Thinking about getting a new set of luggage.. any brand recommendations?

Sorry, I can't answer the question regarding crystallized ginger vs. ginger pill. However, I would expect it to work, as does ginger cookies and ginger ale. Nonetheless, have you tried hiding the ginger pill in DH's food? I know that veterinarians do this all the time.

As for luggages, we love our rolling duffle bags from Costco, $39 each. Easy to handle and they hold a lot. We took one each this past summer to Europe on two cruises. We were in Japan two years ago and the Samsonite wouldn't fit on the escalators. The duffle bags just "stand" next to you.

I travel a lot for work and swear by Delsey brand luggage. I've seen it full price at Kohls, but I usually buy individual peices at TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshalls. They are lightweight, well organized, and hold up reasonably well.

The ginger capsules at walmart.....you could break them open and DH could sprinkle the powder in something and take it that way. I agree with duck duck cruise. The capsules work fast. I start taking them the day before I board. One in the morning and one in the evening all they way through the cruise. If it is rough waters or I feel queasy at all I will take another one. Hope this helps!!

Sorry, I can't answer the question regarding crystallized ginger vs. ginger pill. However, I would expect it to work, as does ginger cookies and ginger ale. Nonetheless, have you tried hiding the ginger pill in DH's food? I know that veterinarians do this all the time.

We tried this w/ our Irish Setter, Red. He ate every bit of food until there was nothing left but the pill. I'm guessing DH might do this too.

Archived