Best deals on swimwear?

Suni99

Just a recommendation for the girls that are a little larger on top. I can't buy a suit at Target or Victoria's Secret because the tops aren't actually large enough. I get mine custom made according to my measurements at Pango Pango. They have a website. You can pick any style in any fabric that they have available. Then, call in with your measurements, and in 2 weeks, you have a suit! The suits are in the $80 range, but it's awfully nice to have something that completely covers the girls and supports them!;)

I also agree with the Victoria's secret suggestion- I ordered several swimsuits from them last year (a few things I got in two different sizes because I wasn't sure) and really like them. The quality is pretty good, and I was so happy with the selection of bikini tops that actually had underwire bras in them! (That's a MUST for me.)

The tops that fit were the tops that I ordered in bra size that I wear (I like that they do that, too instead of just small/med/large). The bottoms I ordered one size larger than the size chart would've suggested based on my pant size (you know how small is 4-6, med 8-10 and so on) and they fit nicely. (This may vary for you depending on the reason you wear whatever pant size you do- if your waist is the reason you wear a certain pant size I might order the "true" size but if it is hips/butt that put you in that size I might order "up" one.)

I am a BIG fan of Lands end suits. They are great for Mommy bodies where things are not quiet the way they used to be. I had bought mine a few years ago at Sears where I could try it on. I went on line last night and the recommended size for my virtual model was 2 sizes higher than my normal size. I was thinking that I plugged in my measurements wrong but I just went up stairs and the bottoms of my suit are the same size that they had recommended and it fit perfectly when I put it on. So...long story short. Use the virtual model and trust that it is right even if the size seems off. I normally wear an 8 (sometimes 10) and my lands end bottoms are a 12. These are GREAT swim suits...durable and they stay put when swimming. Also, you can buy 2 different tops and match with a solid black bottom for the look of a whole new suit. Good luck!

I agree with the other posters about Lands End, Victorias Secret and Everything but Water.

I do have a specific recommendation for a 1 piece if that's what you are looking for. Anne Cole makes a lingerie strap tank that is absolutely my all-time favorite most flattering suit ever. They came out with an updated version this year that has adjustable straps and a soft cup bra. The suit fits true to size in my opinion. I found mine at Macys a few weeks ago.

Archived