Best deals on swimwear?

Suni99

Hey all , I am trying to find a good deal on a bathing suit. We have none in stores right now due to seasonal, and i get worried about ordering online bc they all fit so different, does anyone have any stores that they would recommend? thanks....:)

I have looked at newport news thay seem to have a nice selection, never bought from them though.

I don't particularly like Newport News--their stuff isn't the best quality, IMO. Victorias Secret carries swimwear. Their clothing runs pretty true to size. But bathing suits really need to be tried on--at least, I've found that size isn't the biggest factor, but the cut of the suit....

Have you checked surrounding shopping centers for swimwear stores? We have one (about 25 miles from us) that carries nothing but swimwear---it's a godsend for those "out of season" warm weather trips! I think they're called Sand and Surf, or Sea and Surf, or something like that!

It's a tough time to be buying suits but the more upscale stores usually put them out in the winter for "cruise season," It can be tricky ordering on line but Lands End has many style that you can mix and match the tops and bottoms if you need a diferent size in either. They have different leg opening and will state if it's moderate, high, or higher. Many are on sale now,

You can also make a virtual model of yoursefl, height, weight, hair color, and style, shape of your face and some measurements. You can then try them on the model to see how they would look on you.

Not like actually trying something on but I was amazed by how much my model looked like me.:cool:

I'll second (or third) the recommendation of Land's End -- LOVE their bathing suits! They CAN be returned if you don't like it/it doesn't fit. If you have a Sears store near you, you can return your Land's End catalog purchase there, and save yourself the postage. Also, many Sears stores have a Land's End section -- you might be able to find some bathing suits there.

Also, check out the outlet section of their website -- you can find some great bargains there!

My DD just purchased a Land's End suit and it is beautiful - she loves it. She is bigger on top than the bottom so getting to order the pieces individually was great for her. She ordered several different sizes and styles at Sears store - on their computer - and got them delivered to her house - postage free. She kept the one she loved and brought the others back - still no postage!

I just ordered from Lands End for the first time and I am really happy. I took my measurements and followed their size chart exactly and when it came it fit great. It is also true that if you get separates it is a bit easier to fit because you can order different sizes for top and bottom. Good luck!

Ibougth several this fall-all $150 suits for around $20-25. Of course this was clearance- but as I destroy suits (therapy pools have too much clorine) but still hate the cheaper ones-I need to buy them on clearance.

Now my daughter realized after she started getting her stuff together for next week that she needed another suit-I did not expect we would find one-but we did in Goody's. One of her old suits is still decent-so at least she will have 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all , I am trying to find a good deal on a bathing suit. We have none in stores right now due to seasonal, and i get worried about ordering online bc they all fit so different, does anyone have any stores that they would recommend? thanks....:)

I have looked at newport news thay seem to have a nice selection, never bought from them though.

Well last cruise in January and I need a suit so I went to Ebay and got a good one with the insert that makes you slimmer, regularly cost $90.00, brand new for 20 dollars. Took it on the cruise and loved it.I would do this again.K

I am a plus size and go to a therapy pool 5 times a week. The chlorine is what attacks the lycra in the suit. They actually dissolve in two months. What you need to buy is polyester! I went on line to Amazon.com and ordered suits by putting "chlorine resistant" in the search box and several companies popped up. I ordered 2 suits from Speedo and though I like one better than the other they are both the longest lasting and best looking suits I ever bought and they were half the price of "sale" suits that summer. Go on-line saves so much time and effort of going to stores all tricked out for winter. ALSO BE AWARE that some of the spa pools have gritty paint/strips to cut down on slipping but those non-slip steps will ruin the "butt" of your swimsuit if you are not careful. Love the Celebrity therapy pools -- the best.

H2O brand suits are the best (lifeguards and water therapists say) but at $100 very pricey and plain.

I'm not sure what ports you are going to but when we went to the Domincan Republic the hotel had alot of suits and the prices were very nice with the exchange rate! I know there is a Ron Jon Surf Shop at Grand Turk and one in NJ. They have some really nice suits.

I also 2nd Victoria's Secret. I ordered a ton of suits and cover ups before we left taking advantage of free shipping. They have free return shipping too!

I got 3 suits for 36.00 total w/s & h. :) Price was great -I'm waiting for them to come in to see what the quality/fit are like.

I've never heard of this web site, so I went to see what they have. Pickings are sparse, but great deals! I bought a swimsuit, a formal looking jumpsuit and dressy sandals all for $53.94. Check the site out:)

Land's End suits are great if you want something modest and durable. I like them for the beach --- when you come out of the water, the suit is still covering everything you want covered!

For fun bikinis, I like Gap and Old Navy. It seems like once you know what size to get, they all look about the same on you so you don't have to try on a million different cuts and colors to look good. I saw they still had some of last year's suits on the website really cheap, but there were limited sizes and colors.

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought several suits - Plus sizes, from Newport-News. I've never had a problem with the fit. On a couple of suits the adjustable strap rings have broken but I like to get them adjusted and stitch them in place so they don't slip anyway. When you're only spending $20-$30 a suit it's nice to buy them in different colors/patterns so you don't have to wear the same one everyday but the tan lines stay the same.

I was shocked when I went into Target yesterday and they had a large selection of swim suits out already. I live in Michigan. We just had our first big snowfall of the year. When did swimsuits start coming out before Christmas???

Yes I just recently bought a very cute suit from Target for my upcoming cruise. The price was good too!

Archived