Anyone have an update on Spirit Dry Dock?

Southernbelle73

I'm pretty sure they are aft on deck 10 where the video arcade was. If you look very closly at Paul's pictures you can make them out - deck 10.

Yeah, third picture clearly shows the hole on the deck 10 port side aft where the new balconies are being installed. Eight of them would fit in nicely where the video arcade shows up on the deck plans. I'm sure this is probably a releif to all the deck 13 open deck proponents.

Yes. Previous pictures had the web cam pointed at a big industrial area (shipyard). No water. Lots of water now.

DH just drove by shipyard today (Thursday) ship is just pointed other direction it is still in drydock in Mobile.

just checked about 2 minutes ago, I don't think being in the middle of the water is called dry dock;;she is now on her way:: I will admit, she hasn't gone to far, but for those who sail her in 3 days, have faith. By the way, please don't hurt her, we want to enjoy her newness the following week....LOL

Nita

just checked about 2 minutes ago, I don't think being in the middle of the water is called dry dock;;she is now on her way:: I will admit, she hasn't gone to far, but for those who sail her in 3 days, have faith. By the way, please don't hurt her, we want to enjoy her newness the following week....LOL

Nita

Those are the buildings on the other side of the port of Mobile. If you are looking at the same picture I just saw on it's web-cam.

Spirits bow cam looks like open water. Is she at sea//:confused:

I just checked about 10 minutes ago, this morning you could still see land, and now, it is water, water everywhere. We would have to assume she is at sea, better be, there are a lot of folks sailing her tomorrow...

NIta

What webcam are ya'll looking at I just looked at NCL Spirit webcam and the last update was at 11:03 AM and it was still in Mobile Alabama, but it did look like the tugs where hooking up to it are the drydock.

Paul

NCL web cam, posted about 1:15 I think. I just checked again and she certainly is not anywhere near Mobile...unless Mobile is an island, which I didn't even see one of those in the pic...All you could see was water everywhere..

NIta

Hi Everyone- my DB is a musician on the Holiday, who's home port is Mobile. I was on the phone w/ him this afternoon (around 3:30pm eastern time) and he said drydock was EMPTY. The Spirit is apparently back to work.

Word from one of the crew members just back onboard - the ship looks clean. New carpeting, all the same, just new. Except in the theater - that carpet is red with stars, swirls and confetti. New theater seats that resemble movie theater seats. New plants throughout the ship. Many chairs reupholstered. The ship has been painted, and looks clean, the same mermaid and dolphin on the sides. No word on the bathrooms - she isn't allowed in guest rooms. I guess things were rushed at the end, so although the public areas look good - the crew areas are a mess.

They do have a few Christmas decorations out.

Archived