Anyone have an update on Spirit Dry Dock?

Southernbelle73

Southernbelle73, please let us know when you get back of her upgrades. I am travelling on her next year and am curious whether they are putting mini fridges in balcony rooms......however, doubt there is room. Thanks

I drove over to Mobile yesterday and it is still in the drydock it looked like most of the bottom painting was complete. With only 7 days before her first sailing I am sure there will still be a little work going on onboard. I know when the Fantasy left they still had some touching up to do.

Paul

I drove over to Mobile yesterday and it is still in the drydock it looked like most of the bottom painting was complete. With only 7 days before her first sailing I am sure there will still be a little work going on onboard. I know when the Fantasy left they still had some touching up to do.

Paul

Could you tell where they added the balcony cabins. The low quality of attached images here make it imposible to see detail.

Could you tell where they added the balcony cabins.

I'd like to know this too!

SouthernBelle~ Have a GREAT cruise:D If you attend your meet and greet, try to get the scoop on the new balcony cabins!!!! Where are they and are any of them quad occupancy??? Thanks:)

Paul - thanks so much for taking the time to take the photos and then to post them, I really appreciate it.

Also, if there are any other questions that others would like answered just let me know and I will try to find out what I can - I just can't believe I sail in less than a week now...... YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy can I use a cruise.....

Time2cruise1 no I could not tell where they added the new balcony cabins, had a hard time being able to get close enough to see the ship I took most photos through a fence at another shipyard.

Southernbelle73 you are welcome and now from a fellow Mississippian to another I would like to ask a favor if you do not mine. If you would please send me an e-mail with the dailies from your cruise.

Raudacruise thanks for the update on the webcam, to late to look today but will check it out tommorrow and may get to see it come off of drydock according to an earlier post.

Paul

This is all I could find on it:

Norwegian Spirit’s total refurbishment includes:

§11 new staterooms are being added, eight of which are balconies;

§one diesel engine is being replaced;

§the Stardust Theater, with a capacity of approximately 700, is receiving all new seating and chairs;

§seating throughout the ship is being reupholstered;

§more than 21,000 sq meters of carpet is being replaced in public areas, stairwells, suites and staterooms;

§new wallpaper is being installed in suites, corridors and public areas;

§new curtains are being added to all suites;

§tile in 300 bathrooms throughout the ship is being replaced;

§all open decks including the main pool, kid’s pool and four hot tubs are undergoing refurbishment;

§the Roman Spa & Fitness Center is being upgraded with new doors, panels and seats;

§more than 60 windows are being replaced;

§the onboard phone system is being upgraded to a state of the art wireless system.

Archived