Can I take a case (or two) of soda onboard?

vwalk

Still not on the list of prohibited items - and they are pretty specific - and seem to be updated recently - ie clothes steamers didn't used to be on the list and is now

Prohibited items:

Candles

Coffee Makers

Electrical Transformers (not including personal electronics: cell phone chargers, laptop power adapters etc.)

Flammable Liquids and Explosives (such as fireworks)

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons/Clothes Steamers

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

My family doesn't care for Coke products and would like to take Pepsi on the ship. RCCL customer service says no, but can't show me where it's written.

Thanks everyone. This forum is awesome. I spoke to a RCCL employee AND her supervisor who insisted the only soda that I could take onboard was the one I was carrying in my hand. I'm going with the opinion of the experienced people on this forum.

The generally accepted restriction is "reasonable" amount. If you are talking about multiple cases of soda and multiple cases of water, I would not be surprised if they refused.

I think if folks keep pushing the limits of reasonable, eventually RCL is going to put rules on this too. Carnival started enforcing the size of coolers now which limits how much soda and water you can carry on in a cooler. Im waiting for RCL to follow suit. As long as RCL lets them carry on any amount out in the open, folks will push the limits.

Still not on the list of prohibited items - and they are pretty specific - and seem to be updated recently - ie clothes steamers didn't used to be on the list and is now

Prohibited items:

Candles

Coffee Makers

Electrical Transformers (not including personal electronics: cell phone chargers, laptop power adapters etc.)

Flammable Liquids and Explosives (such as fireworks)

HAM radio equipment

Hockey sticks

Illegal Drugs

Irons/Clothes Steamers

Personal Alcohol

Skateboards

Surfboards

Goodness..... goes to show we have to keep checking eh.... I didn't know about the steamers either.... looks like lacrosse players are still safe though..... ;)

We took an extra suitcase on board.... had 2 boxes of caffeine free diet coke and 2 of Evian inside. No problems at all especially as we were driving to the port. Asked for the fridge to be emptied and we were happy bunnies.

Until there is some guideline from RCl what is reasonable? As long as it's for personal consumption I would bring as much as I need which would vary depending on the length of the cruise. At some point you need to ask yourself is it worth it to just buy the soda sticker.

Archived