Solstice Questions Answered

Host Anne

PS to I Fly:

The shops were open. I bought some nice Riedel cystal stemless wine glasses with Celebrity Solstice embossed on the bottom.

DavidTravels

Oooh, Riedel question... do you find that the glasses are a deal on these cruises? We are thinking of getting a set, but remembered some deal on the Century and wondered if this is really a DEAL or if I should just buy some at home??

Thanks...

Thanks Anne,

I was one of those worried about the amount of sunning area around the pools. Thanks for the info.

Now just need to decide if it is worth paying $600 for a flight to Florida.

For the Solstice!!! Of course it's worth it:D

Omarchs ~ $600 for airfare is a tough call but the ship is worth sailing. Hope you can work it out!

Coco ~ Only the working press was permitted to use the Cyber Cafe on deck 6 for this sailing as there were a lot of them. To sign up for wi-fi, you have to go there to set up the account. I heard a couple of press people say the wi-fi wasn't working properly but I didn't experience it first hand. I had my air card with me so the couple of times I got on line it was with my own card. I'll let you know what it is like next week.

I had my air card with me so the couple of times I got on line it was with my own card. I'll let you know what it is like next week.

Just a gentle reminder to please remember your adapter this time - you know how much we look forward to your live reports! :)

Rolfecms ~ can you remind me on Friday night???? ;)

Anne, I was wondering... would you check on those trundle beds? See if there is anyway you can see one in action and if there is a way they become level. It's kind of a strange idea to have them word it as "sofa bed sleeps 2".

I bet you are soooo excited to get back on board already! I can't wait to hear how everything goes on a REAL cruise. I wonder if anyone will actually get off the ship on this cruise?? I probably wouldn't :D

Thanks for all your answers and pictures! It was very nice to put a face with a name.:)

I have a question. I am sailing on the Solstice in April. The Transatlantic on the 19th. I am in cabin 6156. I received a call from Celebrity telling me that the cabin is 30% obstructed, but only when you look down. As you can see by looking at the diagram of this deck my balcony is on the bend on the ships design. I can't find a picture of this area close up to see if this is going to be a problem. I really don't care about what is down, as long as I can see out, and both directions. Do you know how this cabin is effected by the obstruction? They were so vague when I talked with them. Any pictures closer up you can send?? Thanks for whatever info you can provide, or anyone that may know.

Shirley

Thanks so much, Anne !!! That photo is perfect and not only can I see the underside of the those balconies, but it's very clear that the balcony dividers become larger the closer they get to the "center". Wow - if it was possible to be more excited, now I AM. Have a great time next week and we'll all remind you on Friday about your computer cord - lol.

Linda

Hylasgirl ~ I'll check ... I know we have a trundle in our cabin this week because our daughter was scheduled to sail with us. We had one last weekend and I pulled it out just enough to see the matress....didn't check how it really works but I will.

Pokerbee ~ I'll have to look through my photos this evening.

Tomatopa ~ drop me an email as a reminder please to look for photos (I'll look for both what you and Pokerbee are looking for)

Linda ~ I'm glad you are even more excited. I'm really excited and I've been on the ship already :)

I have a question. I am sailing on the Solstice in April. The Transatlantic on the 19th. I am in cabin 6156. I received a call from Celebrity telling me that the cabin is 30% obstructed, but only when you look down. As you can see by looking at the diagram of this deck my balcony is on the bend on the ships design. I can't find a picture of this area close up to see if this is going to be a problem. I really don't care about what is down, as long as I can see out, and both directions. Do you know how this cabin is effected by the obstruction? They were so vague when I talked with them. Any pictures closer up you can send?? Thanks for whatever info you can provide, or anyone that may know.

Shirley

Shirley, here's a picture that my DH (Bob) has that shows the cabin you're talking about. I hope this helps.

Garry

SOLFwd2-vi.jpg

Just to add this quetion on this posting Anne,

Could you please check to see if there are any saunas or steam rooms in the changing areas of the ladies and gents changing rooms. I am well aware that you can pay for the Persian Garden but on the other Celebrity ships ie Millennium they have FOC saunas in the changing rooms.

Many thanks

Rex

Anne, thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to answer questions and take photos. They are outstanding shots!

If you get a chance to see how annoying the window tint is on the balcony glass (looking out), I'd appreciate some feedback. We're booked in 8267 for next Oct. Med. sailing. It's a bumpout cabin so I hate to change it if the view through the glass (sitting down) isn't too bad. Drat those "X"'s! Our friends are in 8269 and 8271, too.

I'm envious of you sailing so soon on her again. :)

Just to add this quetion on this posting Anne,

Could you please check to see if there are any saunas or steam rooms in the changing areas of the ladies and gents changing rooms. I am well aware that you can pay for the Persian Garden but on the other Celebrity ships ie Millennium they have FOC saunas in the changing rooms.

Many thanks

Rex

You must have missed it Rex. Small saunas.

Anne, thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to answer questions and take photos. They are outstanding shots!

If you get a chance to see how annoying the window tint is on the balcony glass (looking out), I'd appreciate some feedback. We're booked in 8267 for next Oct. Med. sailing. It's a bumpout cabin so I hate to change it if the view through the glass (sitting down) isn't too bad. Drat those "X"'s! Our friends are in 8269 and 8271, too.

I'm envious of you sailing so soon on her again. :)

Pictures of this have already been posted. Read the X thread.

Pictures of this have already been posted. Read the X thread.

Thanks Howard. I did see the photo but I'm hoping the reflection isn't as bad as the picture shows. Sometimes the reflection is worse in photos than it actually is. I think our balcony will be completely covered by the X but I'm not sure. Half and half tint will not be as nice to look through.

An amenity in Sky Suites is complimentary coffee beverages from the otherwise "for a fee" coffee bar. Does anyone know if on the Solstice whether Sky Suites will get complimentary room service from other "pay" restaurants, such as the Bistro on 5?

My TA was on the 12/14 cruise and was told that Persian Garden is only for AQ. I know on M class you could pay for access - would someone on the Inaugural check this out and see if it is ONLY for AQ? I like relaxing in there before or after a massage. :( Thanks much - and bon voyage to all of you.

Anne: Can you give me more info about the "trundle bed?" If the deckplan shows that a cabin has a sofa bed that sleeps 2, is that what you mean? So, were you implying that it's different (in size, appearance, etc.) than the regular sofa beds in the cabins? Is this something we should avoid (there are 2 of us)?

Archived