Solstice Questions Answered

Host Anne

You will have a time and table assigned. If you have both booking numbers you can request to be seated together on the Celebrity website or if you booked with a travel agent have them request it for you.

Ask to have the bookings cross referenced so you are assigned seating together.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the pic of 6156 in this thread and that you Shirley (Pokerbee56) called Celebrity Deployment and was told that this cabin was 30% obstructed.

I'm leaving tomorrow so don't think we could get changed now. However, from the pic I see, it looks like the only obstruction would be below your feet which we'll deal with. Looks like it has a bigger balcony (:

Curious as to what Celebrity said the 30% obstruction was.

We are booked in Concierge Class stateroom 1040 (Solstice 2/22 sailing). We are considering switching to Aqua Class. Does anyone know the additional perks besides dining at Blu you get with Aqua Class? Bill

Thats also the choice Im making, between CC class and Aqua. Is it worth it to upgrade if only one person would use the spa facilities. Does Aqua still get the CC class extras, like the flowers and treats in the cabin?

Thats also the choice Im making, between CC class and Aqua. Is it worth it to upgrade if only one person would use the spa facilities. Does Aqua still get the CC class extras, like the flowers and treats in the cabin?

Yes, mostly the same amenities (with a few extra like aromatherapy in the rooms).

However, your ASSIGNED dining venue is the Blu restaurant if you're AquaClass. You will not have an assigned table in the main dining room. You will be able to eat in the MDR on a space-available basis but would have to check with the Maitre 'D each night.

It depends how important the spa and Blu are to you and how often you are going to use them. We found in AQ some of the ammenties were not delivered. They advertised cut flowers which we never saw and were told were not included. (I have a printout from the Celebrity site that says they are) The canapes were delivered on two of the seven days and were not that great, ie ham wrapped around pineapple and apple slices with a squirt of blue cheese spread. The towels were large and soft but disappeared from Tuesday on. I asked our cabin attendant and he said they ran out! I did love the shower and you get lip gloss and facial spray. The exotic aromatheraphy is a reed diffuser sitting a glass vial. You do get loofah slippers. There was on yoga video on the tv and I am not sure if other rooms had that. Also be careful of your room selection, some of the AQ rooms are under noisy areas such as the exercise room and the pool. Also note that the top deck overhangs your balcony..quite a ways. My husband liked it..but I couldn't really see the stars and felt closed in. If I had to over again I would go CC but if the access to the Persian Garden and Blu is important and you are going to use it everyday it might be a dollar decision. It is a beautiful ship. Hopefully they will have worked out some of the kinks I saw and experienced on the maiden voyage.

• 3 weeks later...
Host Anne, did you step foot in Cabin 9292 on Solstice? Are you sure it has one of the largest non suite balconies?

Jimbo:)

Jimbo, we had 9270 which is the corresponding cabin on the front of the hump. I am about 99.99% sure 9292 will be the same size. Our friends had 6236 which is in the same position 3 decks lower as 9292 and it had the huge balcony.

I didn't measure the balcony but it was probably 90-100 sq ft. Location of either is great -- close to elevators/stairs/card room but very quiet. Next time I might consider 9292 perhaps for the wind break capability. It was fairly windy the first couple days, but having the deep balcony gave us a place to sit without being blown away.

Our configuration was sofa near balcony, bed near closet which we found to be just fine. I am guessing that 9292 has the bed near the balcony since the companion cabin 9294 has the pullman unit on the deck plan.

Host Anne, did you step foot in Cabin 9292 on Solstice? Are you sure it has one of the largest non suite balconies?

Jimbo:)

Jimbo,

Though didn't step foot in #9292, it should be the mirror of the 1A we had. See my post #14 on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=874983

It's the cabin design on starboard opposite ours with red dot, with 14' deep left side of balcony, 11' deep on right, all 8' wide.

Agree with LKN that bed will be near balcony and it is an advantage to be near aft elevators/foyer. Took a few "walk-abouts" the ship to check out some cabin locations and 1000 ft stem to stern is indeed long, especially for physically challenged. This location is a quick hop on elevators to pool, cafe, MDR

• 2 months later...

I wonder if someone would be able to help me with some advise. I have booked C1 aft cabin 2152 and l am a bit worried about how much we will be over looked from above. This looks like a bigger cabin, is it? Would l be better off booking another cabin whilst there is still time. Also is this a noisy cabin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The balconies are visible from above to an extent. As they are not deep like on the M Class where on can set back under and overhang to achieve privacy, these afts will shield only about half of the depth of the regular sized balcony.

On M-Class you are also entirely visible when standing at the balcony rail, so no different on S-Class.

I have read on the sticky that has the cabin information that the balconies on Sky Deck have a steel girder obstructuin on every other cabin. I can see the posts in pictures of the ship. They go up to Deck 12. I have booked 3 cabins on the Solstice, 1215, 1211, and 1209. I assume we will be having a problem with one of those baconies getting full access. Burgerbits wrote the following "The balcony partitions are set into the "V" portions of these beams, so only a small "V" shaped section of the balcony divider can be opened/removed. You would have to crawl over the large supporting beams and through the "V" to access the neighboring balcony." It seems that the cabins I have booked will not work for complete open balconies for the 3 cabins. Does anyone know if the aft cabins on this deck have the same setup? What about the hump ones? We want to be in CC1 or CC2 category. Our cruise is the 4/18/2010 TA.

I would really appreciate some suggestions here. Thanks so much. I am a new member and have learned so much on these boards it is amazing.

I am also not sure if this is the thread to get the info I need.

Nan

• 1 year later...

We've booked adjoining aft Sky Deck cabins and noticed the support beam is located between our balconies. We're read different comments on the board.

Our question is will we be able to open our divider between balcony's even though the support pole is located between our balconys?

thanks so much

• 2 months later...
does solstice have a t pool in the spa?

is there a charge to use it?

how about the steam, sauna-- are they coed, is there a charge?

thanks

Hi, looks like you sail soon:)

The S class ships don't have a T pool on them.

As for the sauna/steam room, hopefully someone who has used

them can give you answers but normally they are not co-ed on

the other ships.

Have a great cruise:D

• 1 year later...
does solstice have a t pool in the spa?

is there a charge to use it?

how about the steam, sauna-- are they coed, is there a charge?

thanks

I have been on Solstice and the sister ship Equinox (which is basically exactly the same). I'm going on Equinox again too.

No, there is not a t pool in the spa.

Yes, there is both a sauna and a steam room. There is no charge to use the ones in the dressing rooms in the gym. There is a charge to use the ones in the spa area (the warm beds) unless you have an aqua class cabin. Honestly, there is no difference. Both of the steam/sauna rooms are the same.

I have been on the ship before but, what is the best hump cabins with a great view? I have not sailed in a hump balcony before. Is deck 7 okay for a hump cabin? I know that 7 and 6 are really close to the life boats.

• 3 months later...

Do all of the AQ cabins on the penthouse deck have an overhang?

From what I can tell there is no overhang over the forward cabins but there is an overhang over the mid ship cabins and the aft cabins. Is this correct?

And if so, how much of an overhang over the aft cabins? Anyone have photos taken from the balcony of the aft cabins. I have found photos of the hump cabins and cabins in the surrounding area. Just wondering if the overhang is as prominent when going toward the back of the ship.

Archived