New Pinnacle Price!!!

Krazy Kruizers

We had to realize the reduction to $20 wouldn't last forever. :(

If we make reservations before that date, even if we sail (or dine) after 12/15, will we be charged the lower, or new price, do you know? :confused:

I had heard this while on the Oosterdam in October just had not confirmed when and how much. It has to do with the new menu being implemented fleet wide. I would think. If you pre purchase NOW Pinnacle on line thru HAL's web site that you would pay the lower price.

We had to realize the reduction to $20 wouldn't last forever. :(

If we make reservations before that date, even if we sail (or dine) after 12/15, will we be charged the lower, or new price, do you know? :confused:

I booked yesterday for dinner in the Pinnacle in April and was charged $20.00 pp.-----just double checked my print-out to make sure!!!

HAL is just experimenting to see what the traffic will bear. They saw that the passengers wouldn't pay $30 per person, so they dropped the price right back down rather than be faced with an empty Pinnacle every night. Now they're gonna try for $25. If people pay it, that's where it will stay for a while. If they don't, then again the price will drop.

I know $25 sounds "reasonable" for a delicious dinner, but you have to realize ... on a cruise $25 is quite steep. Even $20 is steep considering you're foregoing a dinner in the dining room that's already paid for when you dine at the Pinnacle. But because the food is so good, it would seem that people are willing to part with $20 ($40 for a couple), but it will be interesting to see if they are willing to part with $50.

Time will tell.

Also, I'd be interested to know if the majority of people who "splurge" and dine at the Pinnacle while on a cruise are only doing so because they have gift certificates for the dinner, perhaps given to them by their travel agents. I'd wonder how many people who dine there actually pay for the experience.

Blue skies ...

--rita

HAL is just experimenting to see what the traffic will bear. They saw that the passengers wouldn't pay $30 per person, so they dropped the price right back down rather than be faced with an empty Pinnacle every night. Now they're gonna try for $25. If people pay it, that's where it will stay for a while. If they don't, then again the price will drop.

I know $25 sounds "reasonable" for a delicious dinner, but you have to realize ... on a cruise $25 is quite steep. Even $20 is steep considering you're foregoing a dinner in the dining room that's already paid for when you dine at the Pinnacle. But because the food is so good, it would seem that people are willing to part with $20 ($40 for a couple), but it will be interesting to see if they are willing to part with $50.

Time will tell.

Also, I'd be interested to know if the majority of people who "splurge" and dine at the Pinnacle while on a cruise are only doing so because they have gift certificates for the dinner, perhaps given to them by their travel agents. I'd wonder how many people who dine there actually pay for the experience.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Some of you are fortune if your TA gives gifts -- any kind -- some of us do not get gifts from our TA's -- due to 9/11 and new policies with some agencies.

We get only one from American Express and don't know how long that will last.

Yes -- we have seen on our last cruise many people handing over the gift cards when they entered the Pinnacle.

Since we like to dine there -- and will be spending 20 days on the Noordam in February with only 1 free dinner, it only made sense to us to pre-book other reservations at the old price.

After all - doubt if we will get anything back for fuel sur-charges -- cruises are 2 different bookings and we were notified of a couple of port increases just as our TA made final payment today -- and we are also now paying $11 per person per day service charge. The increases in everything is nothing for us.

But others will think differently knowing that the auto tips have gone up - fuel charges won't be removed -- don't know if others had port fees increased -- but some people all these extra expenses may have them think differently about booking the Pinnacle at $25 once on board the ship.

I can remember many times when the price was $30 per person and the Pinnacles were nearly empty every night as TA's chose to give the Lunch certificates instead.

we have seen on our last cruise many people handing over the gift cards when they entered the Pinnacle.
Having gift cards does not necessarily indicate that the PG meal is comped by a TA. We have purchased our own PG dinners on-line in advance of our cruise & had the same gift cards waiting for us in our cabin. But the gift was from us to us! :p:p

Having gift cards does not necessarily indicate that the PG meal is comped by a TA. We have purchased our own PG dinners on-line in advance of our cruise & had the same gift cards waiting for us in our cabin. But the gift was from us to us! :p:p

Thank you,Might Quinn.

You know what happens when one 'assumes'......

Just because you hand over a card does not mean you didn't pay! ;)

We think $20 - $30 and anyplace in between to be a fair price (a more than fair additional price) for what we have always found to be an excellent dinner and a lovely evening.

If someone doesn't think it is worth it, that is perfectly fine. Don't go. Choices. It's all about choices. :)

You are right!! We do the same thing -- forgot about that.

I can plead old age and loss of memory!!:D

I'm more than happy to pay the $25 pp to dine from the new menu. It sounds wonderful!!!

Any information about the new menu? I haven't seen it posted. When will the new menu be implemented? We leave Saturday on the Zaandam. Thanks a lot.

Is it possible to make a Pinnacle reservation now (for a cruise booked in the future), but leave the date/time open? And then, if I change my mind, get a refund as OBC? :confused:

I have several cruises booked for '09, but haven't even thought about the Pinnacle yet.

Time will tell.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I actually paid............a number of times. I love the Pinnacle Grill.... carnivore that I am!

Is it possible to make a Pinnacle reservation now (for a cruise booked in the future), but leave the date/time open? And then, if I change my mind, get a refund as OBC? :confused:

I have several cruises booked for '09, but haven't even thought about the Pinnacle yet.

You can cancel up to 5 days before sailing for a refund to your credit card. I think you may have to pick a date and time at the time of purchase, but you can make changes by calling 1-800-541-1576.

Any information about the new menu? I haven't seen it posted. When will the new menu be implemented? We leave Saturday on the Zaandam. Thanks a lot.

Some ships already have this new menu:

The Beginning:

French Onion Soup King Louis XV, Lobster Bisque, Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Vine Ripened Beefsteak Tomato Salad, Baby Arugula Salad, Caesar Salad, Dungeness Crab Cakes or the Pinnacle Ocean Platter

The Grill:

Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak, Bone-In Rib Eye Steak, Porterhouse, Colorado Lamp Chops, Grilled Veal Chop, Chicken Breast, Filet Steak Diane or Filet Mignon Burger.

Sea Food:

Broiled King Salmon, Broiled or Poached Lobster Tail or Cedar Planked Black Cod with Shrimp Scampi

The Intrigue:

Land and Sea (Surf & Turf), Lobster Macaroni and Cheese, Roasted Vegetable Tower

Side Dishes:

Creamed Spinach, Sautéed Button Mushrooms, Sautéed Onions, Asparagus, Scalloped, Whipped, Jumbo Baked or Shoestring Potatoes and/or Basmati Rice

The Finale:

Not-So-Classic Baked Alaska, Warm Grand Marnier Chocolate Volcano Cake, Velvet Soufflé – Chocolate or Vanilla, Creamy Homemade Raspberry Cheesecake, Chocolate And Raisin Bread Pudding, Pinnacle Crème Brulee, Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Berries, Premium Ice Cream or Sorbets and/or the Assortment of International Cheeses.

Archived