Oasis of the Seas Pricing

Just curious....I'd love to book a cruise on Oasis of the Seas in January 2010, but the prices are very high. Were the prices a lot lower when they were first available for booking? Did I "miss the boat" on this one? Is there a reason I am missing that would make the week of January 2nd more expensive than the other weeks in January?

Thanks for any info or ideas you may have! I'm just not sure what to do. DH would love to sail on this ship but are the prices worth it for January?? :confused:

Thanks! I'm glad to hear the prices have been high from the beginning. :rolleyes: Well that didn't sound quite right!!! I'm kicking myself for not paying closer attention from the beginning, but I just wasn't that interested. However, as I mentioned previously, DH continually asks me, "did you book Oasis yet?" I'm having a hard time justifying the price when I check other cruises around the same date and realize I could have 6-7 glorious days on another awesome ship for so much less!!!

What's a girl to do??? :o

We booked the Oasis B2B for Nov 6 & 13th 2010, while onboard the Liberty the day booking's opened up for gold C&A Members. The price has also gone up since we booked in August. It appears that booking early did save a lot of people some money!

But think of it this way, the Oasis is certainly going to be around for a heck of a long time (and most definitely will be doing the rotating Eastern/Western Caribbean route for YEARS to come) so I wouldn't consider it a rush to get on her. As the 'novelty' wears off after her inaugural season, the prices will surely drop, particularly during off-peak times, such as January. Keep checking :) You never know when a deal might pop up!

We booked Oasis for September 2010 and the price had already gone up 4 times by the time we booked it. We are happy with what we're paying for a Balcony though as it's less than what we paid for a Balcony on Jewel 2 years ago.

If you look at pricing beyond the January 2010 date you mentioned, you'll see the pricing drop. Perhaps take a look at September??? (and if you do, join our roll call for Sept 25, 2010 :))

pricing for our C2 balcony has gone up some for our Jan. 16th sailing. We booked the first day for $1,249 per person. With the economy going south I had thought there might be several cancelations with people panicing and perhaps the price would go down. So far that hasn't happened.

I have seen different catagories change prices in ways I didn't expect. That first day a C1 was more expensive than a C2 balcony. When I looked a couple of days ago, both had gone up in price but, the C1 was now a little less expensive than the C2.

I'm really not certain why there's even a difference in the pricing of the centeral park balcony cabins. I've looked over the deck plans and there really doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to why one would be more expensive than the other. I guess once I get onboard there might be noticable differences in the balcony or slight variences in the view that make one a little better than the other.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear the prices have been high from the beginning. :rolleyes: Well that didn't sound quite right!!! I'm kicking myself for not paying closer attention from the beginning, but I just wasn't that interested. However, as I mentioned previously, DH continually asks me, "did you book Oasis yet?" I'm having a hard time justifying the price when I check other cruises around the same date and realize I could have 6-7 glorious days on another awesome ship for so much less!!!

What's a girl to do??? :o

Most likely the Oasis will still be in service in the future and you can take 2 cruises in the meantime on another ship for the same money, and then in the future you can experience the Oasis. Or you can just blow the wad today and book Oasis. Hmmm thinking two cruises or one? 2 or 1? Tough decision. :D

jc

pricing for our C2 balcony has gone up some for our Jan. 16th sailing. We booked the first day for $1,249 per person. With the economy going south I had thought there might be several cancelations with people panicing and perhaps the price would go down. So far that hasn't happened.

I have seen different catagories change prices in ways I didn't expect. That first day a C1 was more expensive than a C2 balcony. When I looked a couple of days ago, both had gone up in price but, the C1 was now a little less expensive than the C2.

I'm really not certain why there's even a difference in the pricing of the centeral park balcony cabins. I've looked over the deck plans and there really doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to why one would be more expensive than the other. I guess once I get onboard there might be noticable differences in the balcony or slight variences in the view that make one a little better than the other.

Could the difference be how many can be booked into the cabin, like the difference between D1 and D2?

DH really wants to go on Oasis, so we booked as soon as it opened up to Diamond. We know it is expensive, but we just budgeted for it so we have it all saved up before we go. If it goes down before April 2010 that will be great, but it is rare that it ever does, so we just expect to pay what we book for. We have more luck with our 3 nighters going down that we ever do on the 7 night ones. But we got a great balcony exactly where we wanted since we booked so early, so we are happy.

Just curious....I'd love to book a cruise on Oasis of the Seas in January 2010, but the prices are very high. Were the prices a lot lower when they were first available for booking? Did I "miss the boat" on this one? Is there a reason I am missing that would make the week of January 2nd more expensive than the other weeks in January?

DH & I booked instantly for the Oasis of the Seas when bookings opened for C&A members. We booked an Owner's Suite and the price has increased since then by over 1000k. Crazy I know...we're sailing on 1/2/10. Thus far the ship is full already. For us, the price of the OS was no diffferent then the LOS last May 08.

Most likely the Oasis will still be in service in the future and you can take 2 cruises in the meantime on another ship for the same money, and then in the future you can experience the Oasis. Or you can just blow the wad today and book Oasis. Hmmm thinking two cruises or one? 2 or 1? Tough decision. :D

jc

Right now we are booked on a B2B (our first) for Dec/Jan 2010 for a total of 10 nights. The price was pretty good considering one of the weeks is over New Year's. 10 nights was considerably less than 7 on the Oasis. I'm happy with what we have, but of course, I'm addicted to cruising and CruiseCritic, so......I'll keep watching and checking and pricing and comparing and time will tell. lol ;) I'm sure the Oasis is in our future! :)

Right now we are booked on a B2B (our first) for Dec/Jan 2010 for a total of 10 nights. The price was pretty good considering one of the weeks is over New Year's. 10 nights was considerably less than 7 on the Oasis. I'm happy with what we have, but of course, I'm addicted to cruising and CruiseCritic, so......I'll keep watching and checking and pricing and comparing and time will tell. lol ;) I'm sure the Oasis is in our future! :)

It is a good plan. Gotta do something to kill the time between cruises! By the way, I do really like your little slide show in your signature! Especially when the image stops on the comparable cabin to my next cruise on the Independence of the Seas, this time next year!

jc

Congrats on your 10 nights. :D

I have a theory about your original Oasis question, the 2nd week of January was actually just the 2nd week that TAs could grab group space...it wasn't allowed on the first 3 sailings. So I am willing to bet all of the group spaced grabbed and it being one of the first few sailings raised the price. I was on that sailing and my D1 went up $100pp from the time I booked till the time I released it.

My price went down when I switched to the Sept 11 sailing. :)

You are correct. When the Oasis of the Seas first opened up for Diamond Crown & Anchor members, the January 2, 2010 and January 9, 2010, sailings were much less expensive than the other sailings. That is precisely why we booked the 1/2/10 sailing. Since then, the prices for the 1/2/10 sailing have gone up considerably.

I have a JS and a B1 on Jan 2, Booked the JS when booking opened for Non Diamond C&A. That price has gone up from cruise fare $4012 for 2 to 6958!!! Yikes. the B1 we booked 3 weeks later and that has gone from $2913 for 2 to 3548. Curious that in these troubled times that particular sailing is still going up?

----------------------

Helen

Combine these factors.....the state of the current economy, the complete obliteration that RCCL stock has gone through (down over 80%), vacation travel has fallen off a cliff and the fact that Oasis is huge and they need to fill rooms......you will see prices go down....there is very little doubt (even if you have seen a temporary rise). With the mind boggling speed things are falling apart I would be more concerned about the financial state RCCL may be in when this ship is ready to sail.....the cruise industry is horrible right now with little outlook for improvement anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a JS for the week of 1/16/2010, as soon as the bookings opened up to C&A members (we're gold). I've checked over the past months, and there are fewer and fewer JS's available...and the price of our cabin has gone up over $1300. I'll keep watching for a price drop, but so far it's the other direction.

Cheers,

Mary

I only booked recently and my price has only budged the amount of the fuel surcharge, exactly $70. Now that the fuel is off, if it stays off, then I saved $70, not much .... Im hoping prices drop and I can move up to a better cabin for the same price Im paying now.

Hi - I saw your post and have to say I just returned from MexRiv on RCCL Vision. I had a great time altho I guess I missed alot, but there was so much to do, & the off ship excursions wiped me out. I needed no sleep inducement after them. You have far more experience at this what is your favorite: destination(s)

Cruise Line

Activities

Any other important info I'm too inexperienced to inquire about? GyciJan

Archived