Will price on Feb cruise go down?

I was very surpised to see that the NCL Gem ship still has availability out of NY for Feb 14 which is our winter break. Thinking of booking this but the price is a little high. Does anybody think the price will go down? Right now only balconies and suites are available which is what I want. Final payments are due on Dec 1 so I was thinking if there were price reductions it would be after that. What does everyone think? TIA

• 2 weeks later...

The time is near for pax to make the final payment for their February cruises. With the financial mess we find ourselves and the government finally saying that we are in a recession (depression?), there well may be a number of cancellations. Each day seems to bring more news of impending large layoffs and unemployment figures going up. Cruising is a luxury and usually is the first to go when experiencing monetary setbacks. The airlines are cutting seats in anticipation of the slowdown in traffic. The cruise lines will have the same experience of cancellations and pax not booking voyages.

You are right!

I checked the Feb 14th NCL cruise yesterday that we are interested in and so many more cabins are now available that were not before. Payment is due in full by Dec 3rd so I am hoping to find some deep discounts soon. I was initially surprised there were any availabilities because the week of Feb 14 is a winter break for New York and I thought the cruise would have been completely booked months ago, but with todays economy, nothing surprises me anymore:(

Archived