Cabin facilities on the Sun Princess

sherri3802

Just a quick query about what we can expect in our cabins on the Sun Princess. We are inside, K class, so nothing fancy I am afraid.

What I was particularly wondering about was if there is a clock or some way we can tell the time as we sure won't be able to guess by looking out any window!!:rolleyes:

I know there is probably a small bar fridge and a hair dryer supplied-but what (if anything) else?

I assume we get towels but I was wondering about these things

-face washer

-soap

-shower cap

-shampoo

-conditioner

-reading lamps

-glasses in the fridge(for drinks)

-jug

-tea/coffee making

Those are the things we often get in hotels/motels but I just don't know what to expect exactly on a cruise and what I need to pack and what i can leave behind.

Hi

We also had an inside cabin for the first time,

We didnt have a shower cap, but they did supply shampoo, conditioner,moisteriser, washer,soap, drinking glasses, jug for water in fridge,

There are lamps on wall beside bed for reading.

No kettle in cabins

The hairdryer worked well

There is no clock, and I forgot to pack my own travelling alarm clock, so I set the alarm on my mobile and left the cruisecam channel on the tv so I could tell if it was daytime yet.

You will also have mobile phone reception at sea.

Just a quick query about what we can expect in our cabins on the Sun Princess. We are inside, K class, so nothing fancy I am afraid.

What I was particularly wondering about was if there is a clock or some way we can tell the time as we sure won't be able to guess by looking out any window!!:rolleyes:

I know there is probably a small bar fridge and a hair dryer supplied-but what (if anything) else?

I assume we get towels but I was wondering about these things

-face washer

-soap

-shower cap

-shampoo

-conditioner

-reading lamps

-glasses in the fridge(for drinks)

-jug

-tea/coffee making

Those are the things we often get in hotels/motels but I just don't know what to expect exactly on a cruise and what I need to pack and what i can leave behind.

hi sherrie, can i also add with the bed lamp you can dim them low and if you leave the light on in the bathroom the light will shine under the door so if you have to get up during the night you wont be stumbling around in the dark

rkmw

A couple of other points Sherri. Cat K is fancy enough - it is on the ship.

The minis and suites had shower caps. If you are desperate for one, ask the steward and he may be able to rustle one up for you. I have this thought of a plastic bag and a roll of duck tape, but that is not as convenient as the cap.

No kettle, but there is complimentary 24hr room service - so no need for one. In creating cabin space, that little coffee/tea/toaster nook is missing from what you are used to in a hotel.

If you take your bottle of wine or champers on for consumption in your cabin, your sterward will also provide an ice bucket and wine glasses for you.

And don't forget the HEAPS of drawers, shelves and hanging space!

I was on the Sun Princess in May in a quad room with three other women who had literally tons of clothes and suitcases. We managed to fit it all into the storage space and the cases fitted perfectly under the beds.

It's a beautiful ship, you'll love it.

Moira

Arund OZ last June/July on Sun Princess we had an inside cabin JJ grade on Caribe Deck, smallish but cosy! Plenty of hanging/storage space. Fridges are on the small side, but get your steward to maintain the ice supply in the bucket to keep your extra fluids icy cold.;) There is no bottle opener in the cabin for opening ye olde beer bottles, so you might take one with you, some beer bottles do not have twist tops even in 2008!

FLAT SCREEN LCD TV's ARE IN THE CABINS AS WELL. We left the bathroom light on for some semi darkness. We were rarely in the cabin, spent most of our time roaming around ship and doing the ship things..like TRIVIA, WINE TASTING, BINGO, DANCING, MOVIES, & OF COURSE DRINKING AND EATING!

Enjoy:p

Hi, friends were with us on SP in an inside cabin. I think your other Q's have been answered but you should think about taking a torch. Had a power outage in Feb and friend was in shower. No emergency lights in cabin & came close to fall. We have found a useful device when we travel is a DOT-it light from supermarts, around $10. 2" (50mm, 15mm high) and very light weight, just press top to turn on - battery has been going for 3 years now and used each night. Youll love the ship, we did. regards G&H

Wow, thanks everyone! :):)

I really appreciate all the excellent info about everything, especially the lighting and I hadn't thought about a torch-I will add it to my list.

Arxcards, I didn't realise we were allowed to take a bottle of champers on board with us. That is a good idea of yours too then! Oh and I had a good laugh at your idea of the bag and duct tape for a shower cap.:D I think I will pack my own. LOL

One last Q that just popped into my head-does the bathroom have a box of tissues? Most hotels these days do, but whether a cruise ship will have, I don't know.

Yes we had a box of tissues on SP, they were in bathroom and replenished as required along with the soaps, shampoo etc.

You can also order a bowl of fruit at 'no extra charge.' just hang the sign outside your cabin. But failing that, always plenty of fruit in the buffet.

Toilet paper is 'no extra charge as well.':p

Remember nothing is 'Free' on a cruise ship, you have paid for it in your fare!;)

Enjoy SP:D

No worries sherrie3802, we help each other on this great site..CC, us cruise vets help out the apprentice cruisers and we also pick up info for ourselves. You never stop learning about the cruise industry, makes travel easier if you have the info pre cruise.;)

Do not be afraid to ask..someone will know!:D

Archived