Holland America Cruise History

RevNeal

This is a "heads up" to those of you who are interested in such matters, HAL's Mariner Society has put up a page that allows you to check their database and confirm your Cruise History. The website address is:

https://mariners.hollandamerica.com/

Just as an interesting note, they had my cruise history all screwed up. So, it might be worth it to some of you to check your History and see what they list for you.

For those of you who were aboard the Eurodam for the 3-Day European Prelude cruise (July 2-5, 2008) ... apparently the Mariner Society doesn't have a record of that cruise!!!!!! :) I had to write them and ask them to add it to the list because the normal method for adding cruises wouldn't show it.

I checked mine and they had no record of my Mariner # at all. When I checked it 6 months ago, they had the number and the days were right on the mark. I just checked my DW's mariner number and it came up with her history and mine all on the same page so maybe they just have one history per household. I guess I'll have to stay married to her or at least keep her in the same household to review my cruise history.:)

Thanks for the link, Greg. They had our correct number of HAL cruises (as there have only been two!).

However, DH's name is incorrect and they had our address wrong. And, didn't even have us in the same family! The only thing I was able to correct was our address, and combine our account. Couldn't correct his name.

Thanks Greg. They didn't have my Rotterdam Antarctica cruise there from earlier this year but they did have my 3 day Eurodam cruise from Oct there. That one only mattered so that I go over 100 days on my Prinsendam cruise next summer. Without it would have been at 99 after that one. The funnier thing was they had my husband on one of the cruises I've taken since he died. Maybe I should ask them for his 50 pin?

The site is great! Thanks Greg.

Our information was correct. They even had my oldest son on there who has never cruised. When we purchased FCC's on our last cruise they created a Mariner number for him since he will be joining us on the next cruise. His cruise on the site shows as Unknown Jan 2003.

This is a "heads up" to those of you who are interested in such matters, HAL's Mariner Society has put up a page that allows you to check their database and confirm your Cruise History. The website address is:

https://mariners.hollandamerica.com/

Just as an interesting note, they had my cruise history all screwed up. So, it might be worth it to some of you to check your History and see what they list for you.

For those of you who were aboard the Eurodam for the 3-Day European Prelude cruise (July 2-5, 2008) ... apparently the Mariner Society doesn't have a record of that cruise!!!!!! :) I had to write them and ask them to add it to the list because the normal method for adding cruises wouldn't show it.

Hi RevNeal:

Thank you for posting the address for this website. However, another HAL CC member had already posted this website several months ago on CC. I immediately placed it onto my "Favourites" It is a great website & yes, HAL had the cruise history of DW & I accurate!

Thanks for the link, Greg. They had our correct number of HAL cruises (as there have only been two!).

However, DH's name is incorrect and they had our address wrong. And, didn't even have us in the same family! The only thing I was able to correct was our address, and combine our account. Couldn't correct his name.

I don't know what you mean about combine your account.

Each person has their own mariner number and separate account.

If you do back-to-back cruises, check those carefully on the listing. Many of our back-to-backs only credited one cruise and not the other. I think there is one more set of back-to-backs they still have wrong on our account but I can't find the details of it in my papers. I'm not interested enough to bother going to the attic and pull out old papers to find where the error is.

But, there does seem to be (or used to be) a difficulty getting all back-to-backs recorded properly.

I tried to get on the site using birthdate information because I was too lazy to look up the information. It didn't recognize my information, nor did it recognize my husband's. Guess I'll have to get out the files.

Greg -

Jim had a thread yesterday about the problems with this relating to the E'dam's 3-day from Rotterdam. I don't know what is going on with that. After we returned from Europe that cruise was listed, as it should be, no problem. We had problems with another cruise 'not agreeing with their records' (we KNOW it was a 10-day, HAL's records say 7, but does show the sailing dates 10 days apart :rolleyes: but I digress). Anyway, we now have 2 cruises that don't agree with their records... The HAL Mariner person I spoke with was to have taken care of that first problem, but now months later, nada. At the time she did say that HAL was changing the Mariner program "sometime" after the first of the year. We'll see.

Hmmmmmmmm...then I'm confused about what I might have done...or not done! Better go back and take a peek! ;)

By combining the account you can have all people who share the same address appear on one listing, easier to verify everything at once. But each person still has their own column and own days sailed to check off and verify.

The system wants me to add the cruise tour days for my Alaska trip in 1990 but when I try to do so it just says it "overlaps with a cruise of the same date" and I should delete and start over. Don't see a way to delete and adding the number of land days doesn't involve any dates so I think this part of the system is broken.

Do land days on Cruise Tours count for any Mariner status levels? They should, you pay HAL for them.

Greg,

They had me REALLY messed up.They had me missing about 500 days!!!!!

I remember. That just blows me away that they could be so far off with you. It wasn't that bad with me ... I was only missing 30 days: in addition to the 3-day "European Prelude" of the Eurodam they were missing our 20-day Rotterdam South America/Antarctica Cruise from this past January and a 7-day Cruise I took on the Maasdam back in 2000! Ugh!

I think -- pray -- that they got it straightened out now.

Archived