Need a Copenhagen Hotel or B&B

Try www.visitcopenhagen.dk. We've done this on 2 trips and prices for hotels and B&B's thru Denmark's own site are much better (lower) than going thru a US site (i.e. .com). Also, for sightseeing you can save quite a bit by purchasing a Copenhagen card..gets you on the transportation (canal boat, buses & trains) an into museums and sights, "free" (including Tivoli), plus discounts for all sorts of places & activities, including restaurants & places outside of Copenhagen.

Have a great trip...Denmark is one of our favorite places and can't wait to go again!

We stayed in Copenhagen last July before our cruise on the Crown Princess. We did the cruise that goes to Oslo rather than Waramunde. We stayed in The Grand Hotel. I think it was around $200 and included a nice breakfast buffet. We were one block from the train station. This how we got from CHP and that was easy. We took a city bus to the cruise terminal. We ended up on the wrong bus due to bad information. We eventually changed buses and got there alright but had a two block walk with all our bags. The buses do not run to the cruise terminals on weekends. We took a cab back to the train station after the cruise for $30 and that was great. We spent two days in Malmo Sweden which was a 30 minute train ride from Copenhagen. This is an interesting city.

Thanks Hutch - I'm afraid that episode of yours did not sound like a lot of fun. We'd never consider trying to take a bus with all our luggage. And I'm really hoping for something under $200 night - but I guess that might be too much to hope for. Someone suggested a direct Danish website to book, but they literally did not have any way to communicate in English - at least so's I could tell.

Thanks Hutch - I'm afraid that episode of yours did not sound like a lot of fun. We'd never consider trying to take a bus with all our luggage. And I'm really hoping for something under $200 night - but I guess that might be too much to hope for. Someone suggested a direct Danish website to book, but they literally did not have any way to communicate in English - at least so's I could tell.

Hi!

Hopefully this website will help.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/

Barb

Try priceline and bid for a 4* in town. I got the Marriott for $100 + $32 tax per night. U.S.$ for Sept. 07.

You have to bid early enough to get this kind of rate. Bidding for travel tells you what others are bidding for it.

Just put in the www. and .com to get to these sites.

We will be staying over in Copenhagen for an additional 3 days next May after our TA on the Emerald. Would love to get some suggestions about "reasonably" priced hotels or B&Bs, Thanks - Denise & Alan

Have a look at this: http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/ It used to be a seaman's mission. Trip advisor reviews are great. Good location, good breakfast, good price (for Copenhagen).

Archived