4-day cruises?

geoherb

I was hoping to sail this Christmas on the Constellation or HAL's Zuiderdam--you know, a nice and relaxing 10-day cruise for the holidays. It's not working out because my DH wants to be home for Christmas Day.

A couple of weeks ago, he broached the idea of a 7-night cruise for New Year's instead. They're all more than I want to pay.

Today as I was looking at a major travel website, I noticed the Century's December 20 cruise for 4 nights. The price is certainly right. But I wondered if we'd get enough out of such a short cruise.

Does anyone here have experience of going on short cruises after getting used to going on longer ones? Any tips and strategies? Is it worth it?

I would do it in a heartbeat!! DH and I had done 2 eight night cruises and then decided to do a quick weekend 3 night just to get away. We wondered if it would be bitter sweet after 8 nights but it was fun and we had a great time.

Now it's one of our favorite cruises since it's relatively inexpensive and we can do it more often while saving up for a longer cruise.

Thanks for the responses. I hope that a 4-day cruise on Celebrity will be a step up from a short cruise on Carnival, Norwegian, or even Royal Caribbean. We haven't taken such a short cruise since 1998. That was on the Nordic Empress--now called the Empress of the Seas.

To let you know just how much we enjoyed our 4-day cruise on Celebrity, I thought I would tell you that we had a very mediocre experience on our 7-day constellation cruise but wanted to try Solstice. We used the Century cruise as the thing that would make us decide if Celebrity was for us. We leave on Soltice in two months!

I've taken the plunge and booked us. Thanks for the encouragement. I know when it comes time to leave the ship that we'll both wish the cruise was still not to the halfway point--like it's been for our past few cruises. But four nights is better than none.

I've taken the plunge and booked us. Thanks for the encouragement. I know when it comes time to leave the ship that we'll both wish the cruise was still not to the halfway point--like it's been for our past few cruises. But four nights is better than none.

Hello, I am booked on the Century right before you- the 5 nighter on the 15th! I have never been on Celebrity before, but, I am sure I will love it. If I do, can I hide on the ship and stay in the cabin with you and your family?:D Have a great cruise!!! Maureen

Archived