At what pont ??

cruzin w chris

hello everyone, i would like to know " at what exact point" do you consider the start of your vacation ?. is it the moment you clock out from work for the last time or is it the moment you lock the doors of your home to leave for the port. mine is the moment i punch the clock for the last time. lets hear yours ???

hello everyone, i would like to know " at what exact point" do you consider the start of your vacation ?. is it the moment you clock out from work for the last time or is it the moment you lock the doors of your home to leave for the port. mine is the moment i punch the clock for the last time. lets hear yours ???

Before I "retired", it was when I punched out from work.

Now that I only work if/when I want to - and only to generate revenue to feed my addiction (cruising), my vacation starts when I grab my little suitcase, put my hat on my head, lock the door and head off.......

That excited feeling never diminishes. No matter how many cruises, no matter how many road trips (another addiction) or flights or land vacations I've had, it's always as wonderful as the first.......

Since I work from my home, it's the moment when I turn off the computer at the end of my last work day. That equals "clocking out" for my job.

After that, it's all my time! For my next vacation I'll be off work for 23 days!! Can't wait to get away from the computer and phone and just relax. :)

After driving to the off site parking, riding the shuttle to the terminal, slogging thru the snow or residual mush, strolling into DIA in my aloha shirt, shorts and flip flops, ignoring the looks and remarks of fellow travelers, getting thru security, going to the gate to sit and soak my cold fingers in a cup of Starbucks, get on the plane and get settled in, roar down the runway and -------- when I hear the thunk of the hydraulics, it's wheels up and I am on my vacation. :cool:

When I worked it was the moment I clocked out and left the building; then I was on vacation.

I retired in September, so I'm not sure when I will get that vacation adrenaline pumping. I think it will be when we get in the car and head for the airport. I'll know for sure in January.

I'm getting excited about our next cruise so maybe I'll get that feeling sooner, especially as I continue to read the "boards".;)

The moment we walk out of the door to our overnight stay before our flight. We live an hour [if the traffic is'nt bad ] from the airport and like to take early morning flights so we stay over the night before our flight. We usuallay do a park,sleep,and fly so we don't have to leave our car at the airport. Only 43 more days,yahooo

strolling into DIA in my aloha shirt, shorts and flip flops, ignoring the looks and remarks of fellow travelers,

That's great - thanks for the laugh this morning Harry and Lucille!

Mine starts as soon as I clock out from work. I'm usually so excited the airport and luggage hassles don't bother me a bit!

Mine is the last day of work - I make a "sleeps left" calendar. Makes my co-workers crazy. I pin it up in my cubicle and cut off a day every morning. Send out emails to everyone going with us (usually we cruise with family and friends) telling them how many sleeps are left. About 2 hours before I'm ready to leave work I tell my boss "you can make me stay here and work but my brain is already on vacation". Since I"m a crazy planner, I've already arranged the transportation to the airport/pier and the only thing left to do is start traveling.

For me, the vacation starts when I arrive home after work but I start to unwind with a nice Dining Room embarkation lunch and I start to celebrate with a tropical drink after the muster drill. This is the point where I start to really have fun (because travelling is tiring, I need a little rest before to be on the “fun mode”).

Seeing as I hate air travel so much these days, my vacation does not begin until I am out of the airport at our destination city. If we have to fly to FLL, when I enter the taxi leaving FLL airport, I am officially on vacation.

When we sail from our 'home port' which is 30 minutes from home, it is when we enter the vehicle that is taking us to the ship. :)

My vacation starts when the house is closed up and locked; the car is packed and we drive away.

This is true whether it's a land vacation or a drive to the airport or even to the hotel near the airport where we stay before flying out the next day.

Only when we roll away from the house do I relax and know I'm on holiday.

Archived