deposit and final payment goes to....

sun~

Does the deposit and final payment always go to the cruiseline?

Is there any instance where the TA would keep the money and pass it to the cruiseline a couple of weeks later.

I would love to here from some TAs about this!!

Does the deposit and final payment always go to the cruiseline?

Is there any instance where the TA would keep the money and pass it to the cruiseline a couple of weeks later.

I would love to here from some TAs about this!!

Sure there are. If you are talking about your deposit and final payment and you suspect it hasn't been sent to the cruiseline, I recommend you take care of this ASAP. Have you been reading the threads about the very large cruise TA, that did not remit payments to the cruiselines, that just went under?

I really don't know what happens in some quarters...and I'm not a travel agent...

But I do know what SHOULD happen...and how it works with MY travel agent:

When I book a cruise, my travel agent makes the booking and gives my credit card number to the cruise line...and a charge for the deposit DIRECTLY to the cruise line shows up on my account...no charge at all in favor of the TA...

Within about 24 hours, my TA forwards me a confirmation--originated by the cruise line on their logo form--with my confirmation or booking number, cabin assignment or guarantee notation, acknowledgment of fare and depositreceived and other details of my cruise...

You can verify the authenticity by going to the cruise line's website and logging in using the booking number...

The TA is paid by the cruise line, not the customer...

Anything different and I would be wary...

I know that my deposit & subsequent payments have shown up on my credit card account within a cuple days of providing my TA with my CC# and instructions as to the payment amount. I've never had a problem with her; but then I've kinown her for several years & was a co-worker of hers.

Thanks for the answers! I have been argueing with the world's most incompetent TA - who took the deposit money direct and then the final payment. I called my credit card company and they were ready to stop payment to the TA. I called the cruiseline and spoke with several reps there - they called the TA and read them the riot act. Within hours they finally sent my final payment and then I got a booking number. The held on to the final payment for more than two weeks.

All of my research says that the deposit and final payment should be direct to the cruiseline (that is what has happened for every cruise I have taken in the past). I have to deal with this rotten TA due to the fact I have booked with a group. Even as a group booking, I am still paying my individual amount - it is my credit card that is being deducted. I wonder what sort of scam this silly woman is up to....hmmm. Oh well, at least the cruiseline kicked them in the butt and the payments and booking is sorted.

We used a TA we weren't all that happy with, although no problems with payments like you have had. When we were on the cruise, we booked another cruise to get the onboard booking credit. I tried to transfer the reservation to my TA of choice, but it was booked giving credit to the TA I did not want. Edit to state this was after we left the ship, not while we were still onboard.

The only reason I'm stating this is because we could not make a change, the TA our reservation was made with had a substantial cancelation penalty so we were stuck with the booking. If you end up seeing the onboard Loyalty Ambassador tell them you don't want this TA handling your reservation.

Both your deposit and your final payment should go directly to the cruise line. There's absolutely NO reason for any TA to take your money and not send it directly to the cruise line. If this happens, stop payment on whatever credit card you used, immediately :eek:!

If you do use a TA for your cruise, when and if you put down a deposit for another cruise while onboard, the Future Cruise salesperson will "assume" that you're using the same TA and will send the info to her/him.

If you don't want to use this TA again, be sure to say so when you put down your deposit!

Thanks for the answers! I have been argueing with the world's most incompetent TA - who took the deposit money direct and then the final payment. I called my credit card company and they were ready to stop payment to the TA. I called the cruiseline and spoke with several reps there - they called the TA and read them the riot act. Within hours they finally sent my final payment and then I got a booking number. The held on to the final payment for more than two weeks.

The only time I can see the TA accepting payment in the Agency name is if you pay by cheque or cash.....which is not advisable.

They then submit the payment (less commission) to the tour operator or cruise line

If you booked through an Ontario TA you may want to file a complaint with TICO

http://www.tico.on.ca/

Lyn

Archived