Multiple-Airline Itinerary baggage fees ???

2CoolCanucks

We have a flight post-cruise itinerary that involves 3 airlines... Delta, United and United Express. (I know, I know ... never deal with that TA again.:()

Anyways, all of these airlines charge the $15. pp first bag fees.

My question is.... do we have to pay it TWICE or THRICE or do we pay it once at the beginning of our itinerary and it's good till our destination?

This might make a difference on how many bags of checked luggage we take to the cruise.

First, I'd ask that TA that you're never going to deal with again :D! If they are even reasonably travel educated they should have the answer.

Second, I think that you only pay the fee once, no matter which airlines you use. I could be wrong, and I hope someone who knows for sure will come along :)!

I think it depends....but i'm not sure. you may well get stuck with a couple of them.....

You should ask this over on the cruise air board...lots of mega-frequent flyers who will be able to help! i would post your airlines and city pairs too-for instance Toronto to pittsburgh on xyz, pittsburgh to atlanta on ABC, etc.....

good luck!

Thanks for your comments.

I asked my TA.... well I tried...but that person I dealt with wasn't available and the company didn't respond properly. Just sent an automated email response concerning baggage allowances that says, "we hope that this has answered your question". It didn't . May have been because it was the Thanksgiving weekend... I will give them the benefit of the doubt.;)

So I finally got a decent answer from Delta. :)

It is pay ONCE pp-pb at the beginning of the itinerary - one way- and you pay whatever is the highest price listed for any of the carriers involved.

We will be traveling VERY light on this cruise.....:(

Thanks for your comments.

I asked my TA.... well I tried...but that person I dealt with wasn't available and the company didn't respond properly. Just sent an automated email response concerning baggage allowances that says, "we hope that this has answered your question". It didn't . May have been because it was the Thanksgiving weekend... I will give them the benefit of the doubt.;)

So I finally got a decent answer from Delta. :)

It is pay ONCE pp-pb at the beginning of the itinerary - one way- and you pay whatever is the highest price listed for any of the carriers involved.

We will be traveling VERY light on this cruise.....:(

Yep, you only pay when you check your bags.

Archived